Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World Open Source Emulator

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
oops... ill check that
fixed, didnt notice they changed version to 1.4.4 :sorry:

Last edited:
Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lol same I didn't notice too :laugh: :blink:

Don't Ask About Tideborn
Reaction score
anubis.. what you are using for sniffing packets? and how to get the packet you needed? can you explain in here? maybe all in here can help you.. :mellow:

Don't Ask About Tideborn
Reaction score
so.. this not using old server files? its to hard.. :mellow: if we not have much problem with old server files.. we will get a big problem with emulator. my suggestion.. just emulating loginserver.. for gameserver we are using old server files.. pwemu do it to maybe.. :mellow: they are try make it work one by one.. like new area and new territories..

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
Atm the packetlogger is a bit broken, meaning it will cause packet errors and disconnects.
Why? i tried to implement full proxy mode, meaning decoding, (manipulation) and recoding of packets, which currently fails because of wrong packet splitting. the client doesn't like big packets and the workaround in the compressor now fucks up the new proxy code.

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The tool you use to sniff can it be used for other games and if so is it downloadable? I am wanting to sniff something on anther game that has me curious and I plan to rebuild some packages on my project.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The tool you use to sniff can it be used for other games and if so is it downloadable? I am wanting to sniff something on anther game that has me curious and I plan to rebuild some packages on my project.

Black Magic Development
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I'd personally say that using wireshark would be a better choice but you could change a few bits of code in Anubis' packet sniffer to make it work...

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Btw no news about this project? ... :blink:

[B]aSH
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I'd personally say that using wireshark would be a better choice but you could change a few bits of code in Anubis' packet sniffer to make it work...

Thats what I was hoping to do but I am unable to locate the source on the link Romulan provided.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's called "packetlogger" and you should download the whole SVN project (using tortoise?), it's easier than downloading file by file.

Angelemu founder
Reaction score
i strongly suggest NOT using the head version, as i changed the sniffer to re-encode mode in the last 1-2 versions, which is still not working as it should because of packet size issues. The log-only version works like a charm though

Back