Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

PerfectWorld UE4

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi
Is there a chance to create perfect world on UE4? by only enthusiasts
Concept is simple: Old pw with new engine and graphics
Without donate system which ruining most mmoprg, influencing the game balance(Chest,roulettes, etc)
Without trash updates which ruining economy

During over 12 years nothing was better created, huge degradation of mmorpg games
Studios which creating MMOs, thinking only about money and suffer from creative impotence
cashgrab game+ greedy localizer+idiotic updates = garbadge (pw's dead after 1.4.1 2010)
So why people cant organize and make own project based on idea, istead cashgrab & marketing
or im only here with huge nostalgia (in my opinion the best mmo WoW, L2, pw(l2copy))

Here some samples how it can look like
Archosaur, Village of Naught

Reaction score
Why?

Because all want to make money for eat, buy new things, cars, etc...

Anyway for make some great you need money for server devs and other staff. No one will work for free (I say about good dev).The old days have already passed and they can not be returned.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to see that happen, I'm afraid that it won't.
Can you imagine the amount of work that needs to be done? graphics, networking, content writing, etc. rewriting it from scratch would easily take YEARS of man power to get a proper prototype, then you can go crowdfunding to release.

I believe the only possible thing to do would be manipulating existing files. I'm not sure how flexible they are and how much edit would they allow tho (I'm reading around to make my own server).

If you have the guts for it, start an open source project your self and begin contributing to it, maybe then some developers would start helping.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Strange, how some chinese basement counting-room can do it in 2005
But now in 2018 with a lot of prepeared market content (even server parts) people say, it's impossible(

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What I'm saying is that it's impossible to do without proper funding, you needs lots of people for story line, quests (main, side), skills, animation, modelling, world building, etc. and that's all without starting to touch the code, while there are lots of helpers for the coding part, network programming isn't an easy thing to do on a large scale MMO, your everyday developer will manage up to around a hundred players at a time, but after that you'll start seeing performance drop and other networking problems.

As a coder, I can tell you with proper funding it's possible to rewrite the game scripts (proper implementation, not some copypasta) in like a year or so. I can't say anything about other aspects such as story, quests, skills (balancing and fine tuning), animation, marketing, etc.

Oh, and you can't really make an exact copy of the game due to copy rights.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All enviroment content is exist and ready for use, you can see it on screenshots. Original animations not so bad, can be used old rig with new bodymesh

I dont give a poop about copy rights, they dont leave me a choice. They cant do anything in deadrule zone like UA/BY or offshore.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Me personally, I have experience with, and have used UE4 up till their license change. I personally would not use UE4 due to the new licensing due to ever abundance of 'open source' engines' that are available.

I see people all the time in different forums that say its too much work and its not possible, but with the technology that has become available in the past 6 months alone, everything is so much easier. There are plenty of people that will try and discourage you and tell you how it can't be done. Do not let other people set your boundaries. It never hurts to try. You might be surprised at what you can do, especially at the rate the game engine technology is evolving. Now it is possible to create something similar to perfect world and play it in a web browser. I was able to attend a BabylonJS seminar a couple years ago, it blew my mind and I have never been the same since.

2018 has seen alot of advancements in game engine and game technology especially with the new Vulcan 1.1 and OpenGL ES 2.0 that puts older game engines that are cpu intensive to shame. There are some engines that we are still waiting on any day to release, (Armory 3d - looks amazing promising I should say).
Again, personally, I am working on my own 'similar' to pw but I want it 100% my own so no one can say anything. And, I plan on staying with pw as well, just because I love the game itself.

If you have a dream, go for it!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Damn, no one interested
Need several millions USD to build own game, money its are main motivation for people. Im so disappointed to our primitive world, based on sex/money/power, and if you are not a millionaire, you are nobody, zero without opportunities
Will have to wait justice(Treacherous Waters), maybe, this will be a good game or another crappy thing
rulik006 - PerfectWorld UE4 - RaGEZONE Forums

rulik006 - PerfectWorld UE4 - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Its beautiful and what the game deserves.

Not some "Sequel with new player models and new gameplay"

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
What in gods name is the point? When updating the Angelica engine Perfect World uses would make much more sense.

UE4? Ugh... reminds me of the nolifers wanting to port Lineage II and RF Online(the worst game ever) to UE4, no no and no

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How did you convert the models?
Models was ripped with ninjaripper, except npc(for npc maxscript)

Its beautiful and what the game deserves.Not some "Sequel with new player models and new gameplay"
Yeah, like it should to be

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That does look cool. BTW the Offical games is spose to make $ But clones of a offical games AKA Pservers are Not Spose to make a $

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is really awesome. You must be a god in computers for doing it.

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Do you have client structure and protocol setup for this yet or is this just a 3D Project localhost map demo so far?

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
This is really nice work, this right here if released as a server might potentially have a chance and resurrecting pwi

Back