PerfectWorld UE4

MemberRank
    Nov 2017 Join Date
    7Posts

PerfectWorld UE4

Hi
    Is there a chance to create perfect world on UE4? by only enthusiasts
    Concept is simple: Old pw with new engine and graphics
    Without donate system which ruining most mmoprg, influencing the game balance(Chest,roulettes, etc)
    Without trash updates which ruining economy

During over 12 years nothing was better created, huge degradation of mmorpg games
    Studios which creating MMOs, thinking only about money and suffer from creative impotence
    cashgrab game+ greedy localizer+idiotic updates = garbadge (pw's dead after 1.4.1 2010)
    So why people cant organize and make own project based on idea, istead cashgrab & marketing
    or im only here with huge nostalgia (in my opinion the best mmo WoW, L2, pw(l2copy))

Here some samples how it can look like
    Archosaur, Village of Naught

Spoiler:

True MemberRank
    Jul 2004 Join Date
    KievLocation
    540Posts

Re: PerfectWorld UE4

Why?

Because all want to make money for eat, buy new things, cars, etc...

Anyway for make some great you need money for server devs and other staff. No one will work for free (I say about good dev).The old days have already passed and they can not be returned.
    Last edited by papka; 03-06-18 at 12:12 PM.

MemberRank
    May 2013 Join Date
    9Posts

As much as I'd love to see that happen, I'm afraid that it won't.
    Can you imagine the amount of work that needs to be done? graphics, networking, content writing, etc. rewriting it from scratch would easily take YEARS of man power to get a proper prototype, then you can go crowdfunding to release.

I believe the only possible thing to do would be manipulating existing files. I'm not sure how flexible they are and how much edit would they allow tho (I'm reading around to make my own server).

If you have the guts for it, start an open source project your self and begin contributing to it, maybe then some developers would start helping.

MemberRank
    Nov 2017 Join Date
    7Posts

Strange, how some chinese basement counting-room can do it in 2005
    But now in 2018 with a lot of prepeared market content (even server parts) people say, it's impossible(

MemberRank
    May 2013 Join Date
    9Posts

What I'm saying is that it's impossible to do without proper funding, you needs lots of people for story line, quests (main, side), skills, animation, modelling, world building, etc. and that's all without starting to touch the code, while there are lots of helpers for the coding part, network programming isn't an easy thing to do on a large scale MMO, your everyday developer will manage up to around a hundred players at a time, but after that you'll start seeing performance drop and other networking problems.

As a coder, I can tell you with proper funding it's possible to rewrite the game scripts (proper implementation, not some copypasta) in like a year or so. I can't say anything about other aspects such as story, quests, skills (balancing and fine tuning), animation, marketing, etc.

Oh, and you can't really make an exact copy of the game due to copy rights.

MemberRank
    Nov 2017 Join Date
    7Posts

All enviroment content is exist and ready for use, you can see it on screenshots. Original animations not so bad, can be used old rig with new bodymesh

I dont give a shit about copy rights, they dont leave me a choice. They cant do anything in deadrule zone like UA/BY or offshore.

MemberRank
    Dec 2008 Join Date
    Abilene, Texas,Location
    117Posts

Me personally, I have experience with, and have used UE4 up till their license change. I personally would not use UE4 due to the new licensing due to ever abundance of 'open source' engines' that are available.

I see people all the time in different forums that say its too much work and its not possible, but with the technology that has become available in the past 6 months alone, everything is so much easier. There are plenty of people that will try and discourage you and tell you how it can't be done. Do not let other people set your boundaries. It never hurts to try. You might be surprised at what you can do, especially at the rate the game engine technology is evolving. Now it is possible to create something similar to perfect world and play it in a web browser. I was able to attend a BabylonJS seminar a couple years ago, it blew my mind and I have never been the same since.

2018 has seen alot of advancements in game engine and game technology especially with the new Vulcan 1.1 and OpenGL ES 2.0 that puts older game engines that are cpu intensive to shame. There are some engines that we are still waiting on any day to release, (Armory 3d - looks amazing promising I should say).
    Again, personally, I am working on my own 'similar' to pw but I want it 100% my own so no one can say anything. And, I plan on staying with pw as well, just because I love the game itself.

If you have a dream, go for it!

MemberRank
    Nov 2017 Join Date
    7Posts

Damn, no one interested
    Need several millions USD to build own game, money its are main motivation for people. Im so disappointed to our primitive world, based on sex/money/power, and if you are not a millionaire, you are nobody, zero without opportunities
    Will have to wait justice(Treacherous Waters), maybe, this will be a good game or another crappy thing
    Spoiler:

Last edited by rulik006; 18-06-18 at 02:24 AM.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2011 Join Date
    RaGEZONELocation
    475Posts

How did you convert the models?

True MemberRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    277Posts

Its beautiful and what the game deserves.

Not some "Sequel with new player models and new gameplay"

MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    WanmeiLocation
    147Posts

What in gods name is the point? When updating the Angelica engine Perfect World uses would make much more sense.

UE4? Ugh... reminds me of the nolifers wanting to port Lineage II and RF Online(the worst game ever) to UE4, no no and no

MemberRank
    Nov 2017 Join Date
    7Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LegalSin View Post
    How did you convert the models?
    Models was ripped with ninjaripper, except npc(for npc maxscript)

Quote Originally Posted by jv90 View Post
    Its beautiful and what the game deserves.Not some "Sequel with new player models and new gameplay"
    Yeah, like it should to be
    Spoiler:

Advertisement