MemberRank
    Feb 2013 Join Date
    28Posts

Re: PW Map Editor

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Bola, send me the license key and then i can enable it for you

- - - Updated - - -

I wrote it in java because I am a java developer for 17+ years and I started this as a learning experience to develop opengl applications.

True MemberRank
    Jun 2013 Join Date
    249Posts

bumping for exposure.

The OmegaRank
    Oct 2009 Join Date
    Ancient DGN CTYLocation
    5,368Posts

OMG, I think I just wet myself.

Is this (the final product/goal) going to be for modding only, or will it enable one to be able to create their own map completely from scratch?

I've fantasized about the day where we could map edit PW, and make our own maps from scratch!

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly, I think one of the first things I would do would be to go and create the map, that as far as I know the official company never made or finished (or maybe even started besides making the picture of the map) - "Black Sand Palace" - LOL

¤ My Public Releases ¤

MemberRank
    Feb 2013 Join Date
    28Posts

Yea that is the ultimate goal however there is a long way to go on the ability to create a map from scratch.

There are still some unknowns in the client files that are currently preventing this from working 100%. Sometimes adding and removing objects will cause the client to crash although the map files are correct. I am not gonna give up on that though, hopefully someday i will find the reason for this and be able to move on to the next level of editing. If anyone has info to share on adding/removing objects i would love to hear it.

For now, add and removing objects may or may not work. Moving BMD files around and changing those seems to be working perfectly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advertisement