Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

1.5.1 configs.pck repack problem

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to clone a map (instance) to make a new instance but when I use sPCK to repack the configs.pck.files, the resulting pck file is not even close to the original file size. I know this isn't right. Is there something I am missing?

command line I am using is: sPCK.exe -pw -c "configs.pck.files"

original file size is 3,199kb but new "compressed" file is only 1,376kb

I am using sPCK from pwTools. Is this not compatible with the 1.5.1 configs.pck or am I missing something?

Reaction score
No, actually that's probably right. I know I do not personally use sPCK (I still use the old school/original pwpack), and I intentionally use compression "9", and I recently made a configs.pck for some friends that still play the official game that just merely had the badwords.txt emptied (to bypass the "cuss filter"). The resultant new configs.pck was SUPER small - this is normal :wink:

The "compressed" size you mentioned sounds about right too. The first file size you mention is a purely bloated file. I don't think the original/official patcher is very efficient (nor is sPCK) technically because unless you're fully unpacking and fully repacking .PCKs - if you just "add" or "update" stuff, all the old content actually stays inside too, therefore BLOATING the poop out of the file.

This is also why, all of the clients available as part of my complete package, I fully stripped any bloat by fully unpacking and fully repacking all PCKs (so they're as small as they can possibly be [also w/ compression level "9"]).

Upvote 0
Back