Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CPW Remove Files

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hello, I have a working CPW environment and I understand how it can add or overwrite files to the pck files...

I'm looking for a way of removing files from pck files... Litmodels.pck has a lot of unused files and it is at max size... I tried updating with a blank litmodels with the intention of adding fresh files, but the launcher crashes when it tries to download the blank pck file...

Anyone have a better way or workaround...? Thanx in advance... :)

I are an engineer
Reaction score
A blank PCK is an invalid file. Remember, the PCK format is nothing more than a proprietary archive.
It is the same with the ZIP format, you cannot compress zero files. Try again, but this time, don't use
a "blank" PCK. Don't forget the version.sw file either. Include the folders such as login, etc. Any any
rate, you'll probably just end up with needed files that are no longer present. If you ask me, let the
archive span over into the extension, pkx...

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Hello beyastard, i'm aware that you cannot make an archive completely blank... :)

i did leave version.sw thinking that the patcher.exe would be looking for it... i think that the launcher crashes due to it opens each pck file to check the version.sw files. Places a lock on each file, trying to replace a locked file would cause an exception which equals crash...

As for spanning over to the xxx.pkx, it has already spanned over to the xxx.pkx and that is at max size... Max size is 2gb for both, once you go over 2gb on the xxx.pkx the patcher, launcher, and pck tools start to fail... :/

Upvote 0
Back