Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Create server help

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I am looking for a detailed server install guide. I have searched both forums and not found one that is detailed. Both forums have multiple guides, that leave many details out.
I am looking for a specific way to create a server, both for local only play and testing, to later live play.
I have Win 8.1 and Oracle VM installed, with VM having ubuntu server 12.04.3 LTS installed

I also have server and game files 136, 131 and 146. basically all files in 343's pack.

If someone can post a highly detailed guide with step by step at each stage, so Less questions cna be asked by uber noobs such as myself, it will be most helpful.

Thanks for any help in advance,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think a simpler installation could exist for 136 and 146 than the guide you already have:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/complete-pw-package-736572/

The first post is all you really need if you have some linux knowledge (like how to mount an ISO as a cdrom) and some basic networking knowledge (know your local LAN ip address ranges and your internet ip address.)

Read it carefully as the text is very compressed on the page, but it's also very concise and has stood the test of time.

I knew nothing at all about PWI installation and was able to get it working on version 146 within a week. You would probably do it much faster if you actually read all the posts too as they will answer the most common questions.

Good luck. It WILL take effort, but that guide is the most tried-and-true method in existence.
I suspect many don't make it though, but I can attest that it's worth the effort.
After you understand it all and decide you want v151, then don't be afraid to tackle the main post for that version.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think a simpler installation could exist for 136 and 146 than the guide you already have:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/complete-pw-package-736572/

The first post is all you really need if you have some linux knowledge (like how to mount an ISO as a cdrom) and some basic networking knowledge (know your local LAN ip address ranges and your internet ip address.)

Read it carefully as the text is very compressed on the page, but it's also very concise and has stood the test of time.

I knew nothing at all about PWI installation and was able to get it working on version 146 within a week. You would probably do it much faster if you actually read all the posts too as they will answer the most common questions.

Good luck. It WILL take effort, but that guide is the most tried-and-true method in existence.
I suspect many don't make it though, but I can attest that it's worth the effort.
After you understand it all and decide you want v151, then don't be afraid to tackle the main post for that version.

Perhaps you missed the part where I had already searched these forums. And where I searched the complete package.

If it was so clear there wouldn't be 259 pages and probably 2000+ Posts asking for clearer instructions.

It is not hard to mount an ISO, windows 8.1 auto mounts, and Linux server OS auto mounts as well. the problem is AFTER mounting, it won't allow install. Nor will Searching files on Win 8.1 through V box, and compying to VBox, allow install. It ALWAYS comes up with file error, or error in unzipping ( Using 7-Zip )

I have a grasp on what the " guide " says, but a guide is usually step by step by step instructions, not do this and do that, especially as there are usually several ways to do something, or more depending on programs installed.

I am Looking for an idiots guide, one with simple step by step instructions for installation. Not a link to a " guide " already here that is as vague as a Politician.

P.S. If I have to read through 2,590 posts to get answers to questions because the " guide " fails to answer them in the actual guide, then it is not a very good guide. Keep in mind a guide is usually something that someone NEW can use to understand. If you need a large background in development and programming to be able to use said guide, then it is more of an ADVANCED Guide.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Install (ubuntu) OS, install "openssh-server"
create a .sh script, put this in it:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
apt-get install openjdk-6-jre openjdk-6-jdk apache2 mysql-server php5 php5-mysql php5-cgi phpmyadmin mysql-client-core-5.5 libapache2-mod-php5 libstdc++5 fcitx ia32-libs-multiarch
(ia32-libs-multiarch for 64bit os)

Follow instructions onscreen from this

Install server files, fix ips, /etc/hosts and move libs.

Make start script (gs01 AND is62 for 1.5.1)

Run server

ABSOLUTELY easiest way to do it. with my own created script

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Perhaps you missed the part where I had already searched these forums. And where I searched the complete package.

If it was so clear there wouldn't be 259 pages and probably 2000+ Posts asking for clearer instructions.

It is not hard to mount an ISO, windows 8.1 auto mounts, and Linux server OS auto mounts as well. the problem is AFTER mounting, it won't allow install. Nor will Searching files on Win 8.1 through V box, and compying to VBox, allow install. It ALWAYS comes up with file error, or error in unzipping ( Using 7-Zip )

I have a grasp on what the " guide " says, but a guide is usually step by step by step instructions, not do this and do that, especially as there are usually several ways to do something, or more depending on programs installed.

I am Looking for an idiots guide, one with simple step by step instructions for installation. Not a link to a " guide " already here that is as vague as a Politician.

P.S. If I have to read through 2,590 posts to get answers to questions because the " guide " fails to answer them in the actual guide, then it is not a very good guide. Keep in mind a guide is usually something that someone NEW can use to understand. If you need a large background in development and programming to be able to use said guide, then it is more of an ADVANCED Guide.

Guides will never cover everything, there won't be anyone holding your hand on making everything work from the first time, either tho the guides on here are decent and pretty much understandable even from someone that has 0 experience from hosting a game like this.

The reason why certain threads have 2000+ posts is because people figure out problems and discuss them on the main thread. I've went through all those pages when I started about a year ago with Pwi and theres nothing better then searching yourself in a thread instead of having all the problems and their solution in 1 single thread, your not gonna learn anything by that as you just will stick to that 1 page, instead read them completely and you will find more info then you'll find here on other guides on any forum.

Like 343 likes to say.. Trial and error is the best way to get stuff working. The 343 package works great and will basicly lift you off already with 70% of all answers/options inside the Adminnotes that are included in each of his releases, So look at that too.

Personally, i didn't use any of 343's complete package, but i just followed the guides from Bola of his 1.4.5 version and everything worked pretty much fine, a clear'er guide on starting up the server you won't find on here 100% sure.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
The forum has been cleaned up due to several reasoning's.
Please follow the rules, and be as respectful as possible when asking, or giving help.
Perplexed I do not understand why you're having an issue with the server setup process, But when requesting help please don't rage off, Not everyone will have a nice attitude in the world. So when it comes to places like this, people will reply to you as you'd reply to them.
First off follow these steps after you have installed Ubuntu, And you have it connected to the internet with your VM.
Click show to see the steps:
1. Basic Requirements

COMMAND~: apt-get update
COMMAND~: apt-get install unrar
COMMAND~: apt-get install openssh-server ( if you use Vbox )

1.1 Basic Tools

•Putty
•Winscp

2. Install PW-Server Repack Bola
•Change root directory
COMMAND~: cd /

•Download The Servers Files
COMMAND~: wget

•Unpack
COMMAND~: unrar x PWServer.rar

•Remove the old unpacked files
COMMAND~: rm -f PWServer.rar

•Set Permissions on servers files
COMMAND~: chmod -R 0755 /PWServer

3. Install Libraries

•Install Java Runtime Environment
COMMAND~: apt-get install openjdk-6-jre

•For Linux 64 Bits

COMMAND~: apt-get install ia32-libs
COMMAND~: cp -f /PWServer/.setup/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /lib32/libstdc++.so.5
COMMAND~: cp -f /PWServer/.setup/lib/libpcre.so.0 /lib32/libpcre.so.0
COMMAND~: cp -f /PWServer/gamed/libtask.so /lib32/libtask.so
COMMAND~: cp -f /PWServer/gamed/libtask.so.2 /lib32/libtask.so.2

•For Linux 32 Bits

COMMAND~: cp -f /PWServer/.setup/lib/libstdc++.so.5 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
COMMAND~: cp -f /PWServer/.setup/lib/libpcre.so.0 /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0
COMMAND~: cp -f /PWServer/gamed/libtask.so /usr/lib/libtask.so
COMMAND~: cp -f /PWServer/gamed/libtask.so.2 /usr/lib/libtask.so.2

4. Install Mysql

• First install MySQL, during installation you'll be asked for a root password, remeber it!

COMMAND~: apt-get install mysql-server

•After installation you can import the base table scheme.
Replace the PASSWORD in the following command with your mysql password

COMMAND~: mysql -uroot -pPASSWORD -h localhost </PWServer/.setup/pwdb.sql

•after this, needs change password on table.xml

COMMAND~: sed s/password="root"/password="PASSWORD"/g /PWServer/authd/build/table.xml > /PWServer/authd/build/table.xml.new

COMMAND~: mv -f /PWServer/authd/build/table.xml.new /PWServer/authd/build/table.xml

5. Autostart Basic Firewall

COMMAND~: cp /PWServer/.setup/firewall /etc/init.d/firewall
COMMAND~: update-rc.d firewall defaults

6. Installing suport files
With Winscp go to /PWServer/.setup/etc/
copy all files to /etc/ of your linux

7. Install Apache Webserver

COMMAND~: apt-get install apache2
COMMAND~: apt-get install php5 php5-gd php5-mysql php5-pgsql php5-imap php-pear php-auth php5-ming
COMMAND~: apt-get install php5-xmlrpc php5-xsl php5-curl php5-mcrypt libapache2-mod-php5 php5-mcrypt php5-mysql

8. Install Register
•with Winscp go to directory /PWServer/.setup/register/
•Find the file and open mysql.classe.php
•where says SENHAMYSQL you put your mysql password
•save
•move this paste to /var/www/

•now you can register your account in the link

9. Start Server

COMMAND~: cd /PWServer
COMMAND~: ./start.sh

•Wait to final startup script
•Remember to edit your serverlist in /patcher/server/serverlist.txt

10. Obs
• This server pack no requires Glinkd modification
• To Change the rate os server you just need go to /PWServer/gamed/ and edit the file ptemplate.conf
• Create monsters already fixed on this Servers Files
• Questions in this same topic
• This tutorial as made in Ubuntu OS linux 11.04

11. Credits

•Ronny1982
•Bola

View attachment 114064
View attachment 114065
View attachment 114066

When it comes to the files you have skip these steps:
•Download The Servers Files
COMMAND~: wget #

•Unpack
COMMAND~: unrar x PWServer.rar

•Remove the old unpacked files
COMMAND~: rm -f PWServer.rar
As you already have the files.

If you still have problems getting the server started please feel free to post asking for help, as that is what the "help" section is for. Not every guide will be understood by everyone.
When it comes to the *.iso from 343 's thread, I open it as a "rar" file, That way I can do everything manually instead of mounting it.
Once you have installed the selected methods such as "open-ssh", you should be able to open winSCP to get into your server files, From there place the "PWServer folder(With the files inside it" into WinSCP main "/" directory, then finish the rest of the process shown in the code above.
--
Please note We have rules in this section, but also in the Main RaGEZONE section. Main site rules are located :Here:, and the section rules are located "Here".
If you have a problem with a Member, Speak to a moderator. If you are having a problem with a moderator speak with the other moderator in that section or a supervisor, Which you can see who's a moderator and supervisor at the bottom of any forum section.
Moderators are light Green, and Supervisors are dark Green.
We also have a report feature so use it if it's needed.
--
Since this is a help request thread I'll go ahead and re-open it as long as it's pure help related. If drama continues infractions will be handed out to those responsible for the problem. Moderator or even Member.
Yes 343 I'll infract you if I must! :p haha, so be good! ;D!
Picking around aside, If this post does not help you Perplexed than please give a detailed reply of your problem and people here in the forums + Myself will do our best to assist you. The search button is very useful, Even if you do use it, certain terms can bring of different results. So I hope you'll find it useful in the future.

Regards,
Henmoro.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I did try Unzipping with 7-zip and later with win Zip. Win Zip wouldn't allow it, and 7-Zip had dll file problems problem as well.... I was able to access the files and open them, I left off starting to edit them until I could get the server up and running. But am about to start again, so will see how I go

Will screen shots help?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, it's going to depend on which guide you followed. You will get lots of advice, but since there are lots of ways to install PWI you need to also mention what guide you are following. For example, if you are following 343's guide - are you getting the files from torrent or from mega.co.nz. For example, 7zip won't open the multi-part rars you see linked here a lot. You need the real recent rar installed.

Oh, and because the recommended platform is a NON GUI interface Ubuntu, there is no auto-mounting of ISOs or DVDs. People who have installed Ubuntu desktop before are often confused when trying to mount an ISO through a VM using the command line.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reaction score
I did try Unzipping with 7-zip and later with win Zip. Win Zip wouldn't allow it, and 7-Zip had dll file problems problem as well.... I was able to access the files and open them, I left off starting to edit them until I could get the server up and running. But am about to start again, so will see how I go

Will screen shots help?
Winrar = Open with WinRaR will open it.
if you have checked "open iso" in the winrar installing process

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I have server up and running but only main map is up :( And pwAdmin won't let me reset pw, also authd is down? :( Any idea's?

I have used the 1.5.1 easy installer + all files associated with it. Can not log into pwAdmin and can not get all maps running :(
When I try and log in it boots me, I am assuming because starting map is Origination, but I only have World map up atm :(

Perplexed - Create server help - RaGEZONE Forums

Nevermind, got it ^_^ Now to figure out how to edit files >.> any pointers?

but still can't truly access pwAdmin. It won't let me reset pw and access everything

is there a script for starting maps more efficiently and keeping them saved in server so i don't have to manually start each map everytime?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Ok, I have server up and running but only main map is up :( And pwAdmin won't let me reset pw, also authd is down? :( Any idea's?

I have used the 1.5.1 easy installer + all files associated with it. Can not log into pwAdmin and can not get all maps running :(
When I try and log in it boots me, I am assuming because starting map is Origination, but I only have World map up atm :(

Nevermind, got it ^_^ Now to figure out how to edit files >.> any pointers?

but still can't truly access pwAdmin. It won't let me reset pw and access everything

is there a script for starting maps more efficiently and keeping them saved in server so i don't have to manually start each map everytime?

Clone the line that starts your main map and change the map name, do that for all maps

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Is it possible to do so in terminal? Or do I need a linux desktop and open / edit files there? It's changing and editing in terminal I am having issue with. Am going to install a new Vbox and run a desktop so I can access and edit files though

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nano

Vi

Thank you ^_^ that with WinSCP should make things a lot easier than it has been ^_^

Out of Curiosoty, can I use nano to edit a script before applying it to work? EG, Can I edit the 1.5.1 easy installer to install openjdk-7-re instead of openjdk-6-jre?

And Can I set it to add the database roles table mentioned in this post

http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/pw-server-files-1-5-a-989364-post8217421/#post8217421

When setting up mysql and mysql database? If so, would it be simple enough for a complete program noob? I get the openjdk-7-jre will be easy enough to modify, just a case of editing the 6 to a 7, but implementing the correct database to be auto configured? Would that be more complicated?

FYI.... LOVING nano :D it makes it so much simpler ^_^ THANK YOU for explaining it ( linking a very clear definitive explanation )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back