Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Direction coordinates with path.sev

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been trying to create custom walk paths for NPCs for Jade Dynasty
I'm aware this is the Perfect World section, but obviously the two games are very alike and there isn't much information in the Jade Dynasty section.

I'm struggling with the Directional coordinates, which I thought originally were similar to the direction you want to face an npc when having it spawn in through npcgen.data. However the values for the direction that are on some of the walk paths in the path.sev file already, are spitting out numbers like 200, -200..-300 etc.

Does anybody know exactly how to make custom walk paths, what coordinates I need to put into the direction section for points.

Also, when I have done some tests with paths, using both the newly modded jtools that now work with Jade Dynasty, and another path.sev editor for Jade Dynasty, the NPCs seemingly pause for long periods of time before going from one point to the next, they also do not fly, they glide along the ground.

This is the JTool that has been modded to work with Jade Dynasty:

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Reaction score
That's fine, I remember many times people would post about JD/FW and whatnot in here since for the longest time they didn't have their own section and this was the most appropriate place, and for the most part they are very similar... Carry on...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello,

I've been trying to create custom walk paths for NPCs for Jade Dynasty
I'm aware this is the Perfect World section, but obviously the two games are very alike and there isn't much information in the Jade Dynasty section.

I'm struggling with the Directional coordinates, which I thought originally were similar to the direction you want to face an npc when having it spawn in through npcgen.data. However the values for the direction that are on some of the walk paths in the path.sev file already, are spitting out numbers like 200, -200..-300 etc.

Does anybody know exactly how to make custom walk paths, what coordinates I need to put into the direction section for points.

Also, when I have done some tests with paths, using both the newly modded jtools that now work with Jade Dynasty, and another path.sev editor for Jade Dynasty, the NPCs seemingly pause for long periods of time before going from one point to the next, they also do not fly, they glide along the ground.

This is the JTool that has been modded to work with Jade Dynasty:

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Hello, If you online, contact me please!

Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Path points for a monster are a beizer curve not just A to B and at each point you can define the monsters ROTATION so that is why they may appear to be gliding if you arent setting it correctly, at least for Perfect World.

When you are done with your route make sure the first and final points of the route are the same coordinate to seal the loop btw

in direction you have your normal two directions and then you have the up and down ingame height with d_showpos as for his vertical pivot (if they are going up a hill you will want to set this at the base of the hill to the max height of the hill as this defines the grade of climb tilt for the npc)

Upvote 0
Back