Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Element.data Error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys, i got problem, help me please. .when i edit element.data, im always got error with GS, example when i edit element.data im just edit speed flyer but when im upload to server gs always offline why with that ?and other when i edit always offline . .can anyone solved my problem ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
just edit the flyer speed can't make gs offline, there is must be something else

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
im not edit other, i got element.data original from pwi but when i edit element.data always got error, i change name and upload to server still got gs offline

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Do you sure exported elements.data not corrupt?
If you change something else like npc name then work? Do you changed gshop.data?
Client and server data version is same?
Do you turned off server when replace the data file?
Can u upload last 5 row from gs01.log?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i change name like Rapture Crystal with coin just that not other i changed, but still error. .when i upload first time element.data from ori PWI map service its ok . thats problem with my seledit, server or my client ? and how to check version client and server ?

substance name gplayer_dispatcher, size 116Compiled By developer, Nov 11 2013 16:24:40ÅäÖÃÎļþ:'gs.conf' ÅäÖÃÔö²¹Îļþ:'gsalias.conf'ÎÞ·¨¶ÁÈ¡ÎïÆ·ºÍ¹ÖÎïµÄÄ£°åÎļþ:'./config/elements.data'µÚÒ»²½³õʼ»¯Ê§°Ü£¬´íÎóºÅ:-3like this

http://s1248.photobucket.com/user/Aldiyansyah/story

Upvote 0
Reaction score
i change name like Rapture Crystal with coin just that not other i changed, but still error. .when i upload first time element.data from ori PWI map service its ok . thats problem with my seledit, server or my client ? and how to check version client and server ?

substance name gplayer_dispatcher, size 116Compiled By developer, Nov 11 2013 16:24:40ÅäÖÃÎļþ:'gs.conf' ÅäÖÃÔö²¹Îļþ:'gsalias.conf'ÎÞ·¨¶ÁÈ¡ÎïÆ·ºÍ¹ÖÎïµÄÄ£°åÎļþ:'./config/elements.data'µÚÒ»²½³õʼ»¯Ê§°Ü£¬´íÎóºÅ:-3like this

So this related with sEledit not with flyers...
SEledit have option for check data version, use that.

Check out my thread, its posted here in same place.
I use v29 in client and v27 in server, if I edit separate the server side and client side data then work, if I copy client elements.data to server then not work, if I convert v29 data to v27 with seledit also not work, only if I edit individually both.
You verify yourself like me if server and client structure same even if same version both client/server data.

Try edit the original working data and individual the client side, if still have problem then sEledit make it corrupt maybe wrong cfg or idk.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
you can check version client and server with sELedit then choose tools then EL Version...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i use v115 and seledit not corrupt because i edit other PW its work its gonna be fine, not like that, my client its ori from PWI and server too, but i stuck with element.data. i edit ghsop and npcgen its work but still stuck at element.data

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah ive nearly given up on this element.data editing. No matter what I do my editors wont open the element.data, it begins to but then CTD's. Its frustrating as hell. I at first thought it was memory issues bit I shut down everything but the editor on a Intel i5 3.2 Ghz, 8GB RAM machine and still the same thing. I've tried opening client, server elements.data's from several different p-servers just to see if it was my elements.data and still the same thing. Ive downloaded ronnies, romulan's, 343's versions (which is my original servers build tools that came with the so called "complete package" and they still don't work). I dunno anymore and trying to get answers on these forums has proven unfruitful as im led on a wild goose chases that lead me right back to the simple conclusion that no-one can help because my version of crap is not the same version of crap the knowledgeable people worked on 4-5 years ago, craps changed and no one cared to update the dead links on here, uh yeah OMFG the dead links on here, I know there were at least 25 helpful things that I needed that led to dead links, seriously? :

Sorry if I sound frustrated and ungrateful, that is only partly correct, I am frustrated but am truly grateful for the work all of the programmers and the people who could "figure" things out on here have done for us "noobs".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Calas, I will be glad to

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have read what you write at the top and can say that you make a mistake with sorting server and elements data.On low versions of pw you must put server data to server and client to client.It,s important and files(in data)must be same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Calas, is working now, first item up for editing, cooldown on res scroll, LMAO

Upvote 0
Back