Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

English aipolicy.data

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've not seen this mentioned here, but the pwe.vision client contains a file called aipolicy.data. Of course many people would have discovered this for themselves, so no kudos for me!

I copied this to the gamed/config folder and I've been watching it for an hour so far. The lucidsilver, auction, and theater of blood announcements all appeared as a system message in English. I am cautiously optimistic now.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm not sure about it, but I would belive aipolicy.data in vision Client is outdated. Using it will disable most of new quests, events, behaviors tied to aipolicy. A 1.5.3 aipolicy file is about 3MB (based on localization). If you have an aipolicy viewer/editor, it should contain 3000+ ID controllers.

So, check that before even testing it in the server, because it would be a false positive otherwise.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks elcapo. That just about ruined my whole day :)
And yes, it only has 2119 entries in it.
My editor is so old it can't read the later ones.

Fortunately I was able to find an English version for 1.5.3 server. (Check the PWI Top 100 lists - some are upgrading to 1.5.3 now)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks elcapo. That just about ruined my whole day :)
And yes, it only has 2119 entries in it.
My editor is so old it can't read the later ones.

Fortunately I was able to find an English version for 1.5.3 server. (Check the PWI Top 100 lists - some are upgrading to 1.5.3 now)
can u upload it ?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have no way of confirming it's an original file because I don't have an aipolicy editor for 1.5.3 that can check it. It might be heavily modified - I am only using it until I can find a verified one.

As I said, just search the lists for Eclipse or 1.5.3 and try some client downloads. (Not PWE Vision - it's file is old as I've already mentioned.) Aipolicy.data is often distributed with the client code. However, do so at your own risk.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have tried all available AIpolicy and none have all the controllers like the Russian AI (3,491 KB in size). You will need to use that one if you plan on using Dragonfall Temple or Quicksand Maze in order to have all of the complete controllers for it.

just an fyi, has an awesome AI editor that can edit up to 155 AIpolicy - just gonna take a bit translating all of the broadcast controllers.
He charges $90 USD, but its the only editor I could find/available to use so far.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have tried all available AIpolicy and none have all the controllers like the Russian AI (3,491 KB in size). You will need to use that one if you plan on using Dragonfall Temple or Quicksand Maze in order to have all of the complete controllers for it.

just an fyi, has an awesome AI editor that can edit up to 155 AIpolicy - just gonna take a bit translating all of the broadcast controllers.
He charges $90 USD, but its the only editor I could find/available to use so far.

Right. There are some, but not in english. Chinese, Russian and other language are avaialable, and all working. You should fine the one that is better for translating.

Upvote 0
Back