Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gshop Client Issue

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Server version: 1.5.3
Client: 1.5.3 Stock Client released by hyper.
Boutique Editor: Gshop Editor By Luka.
Issue Description (Short): Client crashes when a single item is added to the boutique file(s).
Issue Description (Complete): The client works fine with zero items in the gshop.data files however when I go to add an item (it does not matter what item or quantity.) the client will crash at startup and claim to have a corrupt gshop file. I double & triple checked that the gshop file is in fact not corrupt and working on other clients. I have checked to make sure the timestamps are correct on the files and match the corresponding files on the server machine itself. I am stuck here and have done research in attempts to find my solution but come up with nothing. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.
Comments: If you need any of the logs please let me know, every time I have checked the logs however it says it crashes when initializing the data files due to the gshop.data being corrupt.
Side note I have also tried other boutique editors and have come up with the same issue.

-SOLVED-
My issue i believe was that i was saving the file as the wrong version (rookie mistake)

Last edited:
Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
Its not the client? Its the editer, ive noticed some editers add something to the gshop the server cant read but with lukas gshop when opening a 1.5.3 gshop go to open gshop as or what ever and click 1.5.2-1.5.3 then open the gshop then going to save it go to save gshop as or what ever and click version 1.5.2-1.5.3 and same for gshopsev.data

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Server version: 1.5.3
Client: 1.5.3 Stock Client released by hyper.
Boutique Editor: Gshop Editor By Luka.
Issue Description (Short): Client crashes when a single item is added to the boutique file(s).
Issue Description (Complete): The client works fine with zero items in the gshop.data files however when I go to add an item (it does not matter what item or quantity.) the client will crash at startup and claim to have a corrupt gshop file. I double & triple checked that the gshop file is in fact not corrupt and working on other clients. I have checked to make sure the timestamps are correct on the files and match the corresponding files on the server machine itself. I am stuck here and have done research in attempts to find my solution but come up with nothing. Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.
Comments: If you need any of the logs please let me know, every time I have checked the logs however it says it crashes when initializing the data files due to the gshop.data being corrupt.
Side note I have also tried other boutique editors and have come up with the same issue.

I'm use what you use right now and no problem. For gshop.data i make it from blank by using http://forum.ragezone.com/f752/gshop-editor-luka-1121787/ and add items from elements.data, to make gshop1.data, gshopsev.data and gshopsev1.data I use http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/gshop-editor-1-5-3-a-1110570/. If I recently want to change or add items inside gshop.data I save it to different place location directory, don't save it into the same place location directory.

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
As I said above, I have tried other editors with no luck. same issue.
However, I have not tried what you said jaga I will try that now and report back.

Upvote 0
Back