Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What makes clsconfig to crash? pwAdmin?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please can anyone help me understand what is making clsconfig file to crash?

I tried to crash it on purpose with things that I think made it crash last time:
used:
Created account
Created a character - asd1
Added GM to account
Added cubi 99999 to account
Created character - asd2
Refreshed Character XML
Edited Character - asd1
Saved Character xml - asd1
Restarted Server
Created character to 1024 - asd3
Sent mail - 123123 coins / Baby Dalmatian Pet Egg
Created character - asd4
Sent manual mail to 1024 - 123 coins / item id 25378
Created character - asd5
Restarted server
Created character - asd6
Logged in game
Opened first mail
Created a new character - asd7
And still nothing, yet it breaks the clsconfig file quite often.

Any help will be greatly appriciated. And I would love to know how the big pw server owners have bypassed this problem?!

---------------------------------------- UPDATE v1 -----------------------------------------
Today I got a nice tip from Bola that starting and stopping server from pwAdmin breaks clsconfig file.

So I made a test:
Created new account
Started server using pwAdmin
Stopped server using pwAdmin
Started server using pwAdmin
Attempted to create a new character - asd8
SERVER DISCONNECTED!
and yes starting and stopping server from pwAdmin breaks clsconfig

Now what I would like to know is how to fix this problem. I think now only me but quite many people would like to have a tutorial on how to do it.

----------------------------------- MY TEMPORARY FIX -------------------------------

Do not launch or stop server from: or

Still waiting for someone to release a tutorial or a fix for this problem.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So... how do you start the server without pwAdmin? Install another CP?

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can start the server from console, please use the search box, and or google...

In console type in:

cd /PWServer/146/

ls

./start_min.sh
./stop.sh

Upvote 0
RaGEaholic
Reaction score
After talking to krikus62, I started testing things. So far I have fixed the stop of pwAdmin, however the start side also messes up something. To fix the stop side of it open serverctrl.jsp and remove the following

command = pw_server_path + "gamedbd/./gamedbd " + pw_server_path + "gamedbd/gamesys.conf exportclsconfig";
working_directory = new File(pw_server_path + "gamedbd/");
p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command, null, working_directory);
p.waitFor();
Thread.sleep(1000);

When I figure out the start side of it I will edit this post.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I have been so busy I have not been able to actually test anything, and probably wont for quite some time yet to come. Even in a VM =\

However, kinda knowing (remembering) serverctrl.jsp I don't see or know how starting the server could break it. However stopping the server does use "exportclsconfig" which could be simply removed - then it probably wouldn't 'break' it any longer...

I will test whenever I get the opportunity, although I don't remember even stopping it causing any problems for me...

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I have had issues with the clsconfig being bugged and chars starting with level 0 but that has only ever happened twice and happened after I wiped the database on my test server. Can't say I've ever had trouble with it with starting and stopping the server.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
For interest sake, this bug still exists in 343's distro for 146.
I am glad I found this thread as it was kinda driving me mad. I had no idea using PWAdmin to start and stop the game was destroying character creation.

So can anyone confirm that removing the lines crxfreak suggests from serverctrl.jsp fixes the problem?
It didn't for me sadly. clsconfig was not overwritten on stop server, but I still can't create new characters after I use PWAdmin to stop and then start the server. (I was using a fresh install of 146 on my vm so it wasn't a pre-existing problem)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As far as I know no, the only way to fix it is to use start.sh and stop,sh, and keep a clean clsconfig file as backup just in case.

Upvote 0
Back