Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Release used names with Identity Stone from DB

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I have looked into this and when I make changes I get a corrupted database. Used name still remain in rolename and unamerole and can't be edited with XML editing. I have also looked into the gs with player rename functions but there is still no luck.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!

Reaction score
I have looked into this and when I make changes I get a corrupted database. Used name still remain in rolename and unamerole and can't be edited with XML editing. I have also looked into the gs with player rename functions but there is still no luck.

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!

If you're trying to erase the names that were used, but later changed I think the right function was ./gamedbd gamesys.conf syncnamechange

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hex edit the name into something else in rolename, for example Coldwin into Coldwix, save and replace. Then do ./gamedbd gamesys.conf exportunique /home/, then go into gamedbd folder, take the uniquenamed files and replace them in dbdata/unique
Backup first of course. But the thing is, you will also be able to use Coldwix like this, even though it should be unusable at this point, so I'm not sure if this is safe

Upvote 0
Back