Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

cannot retrieve character list

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hello can anyone help with this problem i have a 148 v85 server when i log in to client it hangs on char screen the this error pops up cannot retrieve character list searched here and goggle to no luck though
my servers running ubantu 12.04 :)
thanks for anyhelp you can give

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I would check the role.jsp file in your pwAdmin folder.
Make sure it has
<%@include file="WEB-INF/.pwadminconf.jsp"%>
at the top with the "imports". If it is there, then I would check the code and make sure all the paths are correct.

If you get the page showing but no characters, the bar that says "players" has a "synchronize" button at the end. Just click it so it can import all the players. You have to import them before you can do anything with them - AND MAPS MUST BE OFF!!! make a second startup script just like the one you use but take out the maps. I would also ad a line at the bottom to restart your tomcat7...
service tomcat7 restart
Shutdown gameserver run this new script, go to your pwAdmin page import the roles (synchronize) once the page says its done shutdown gameserver, do backups add updates and restart server.
Your players will then show up and you can edit, but any new players that are created after the "sync" will not show up until you repeat the process again.

This all could be done in a script instead of using both script and pwAdmin (synchronizing) I just have not had time to really work on one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back