Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

typical error and more > a helping hand

Reaction score
here i will give you a helping hand for this typical errors and more > my default language is german - please forgive me linguistic or grammatical errors

... if someone knows more typical error please send me and I will expand this thread ...

the most of typical error is wrong of the server files [ 0755 ] ...

#####################################################################

SERVER
[ required specs @ 1.3.x ||| required specs @ 1.4.x / 1.5.x ]

gs offline [ gshop item with more stacked than the upper limit in elements.data ]

• first time u need to read the error log in server/logs/gs01.log
  • second time u need to encoding by gb2312
  • third time you need to translate like google tranlate
example:
ÅäÖÃÎļþ:'gs.conf' ÅäÖÃÔö²¹Îļþ:'gsalias.conf'
×°±¸ºó°ó¶¨¹¦ÄÜ´ò¿ª
°Ù±¦¸óÖÐÎïÆ·27728(1¸ö)³¬¹ýÁ˶ѵþÉÏÏÞ0
³õʼ»¯°Ù±¦¸óÊý¾Ýʧ°Ü
µÚÒ»²½³õʼ»¯Ê§°Ü£¬´íÎóºÅ:-31
use textpad++ > file > new > input this text > go to encoding > character set > chinese > gb2312
配置增补文件:'gsalias.conf'
装备后绑定功能打开
百宝阁中物品27728(1个)超过了堆叠上限0
初始化百宝阁数据失败
第一步初始化失败,错误号:-31
now we translate it by google translate > chinese | english [ self detecting ]
The configuration addendum: 'gsalias.conf'
Binds when equipped function open
The Babolat Court items 27728 (a) more than the stack upper limit
Failed to initialize the data of 100 Treasure House
The first step is initialization failed, error: -31
gs offline

• gshop.data and gshopsev.data have an item it is not in lements.data [ gs01.log ]
  • gshop.data and gshopsev.data have wrong timestamp
  • gshop has more than 2500 items

gs error
  • v80 @Hycker´s post
    • [root@localhost gamed]# ./gs > kurva_anyad
      [root@localhost gamed]#kurva_anyad [----] 0 L:[1083+48 1131/1131] *(44908/44908b) <EOF>...blablabla...×ÔśŻĆĽĹäÁË2975˛đ˝âĹ䡽,ÁíÓĐ267¸ö×°ą¸ĂťÓĐżÉŇÔĆĽĹäľÄĹ䡽´íÎóľÄłčÎďĘýžÝŁŹłčÎďid:10584´íÎóľÄłčÎďĘýžÝŁŹłčÎďid:32103´íÎóľÄłčÎďĘýžÝŁŹłčÎďid:32104´íÎóľÄłčÎďĘýžÝŁŹłčÎďid:32105×Üš˛źÓČëÁË80¸öĎĄÓĐÎďơ×Üš˛´ćÔÚ1850¸öČËĂńąŇÎďơLUAÄ_ąž°ćąž102łőĘźťŻĆÁąÎ×Öˇűʧ°Ü ľÚŇť˛˝łőĘźťŻĘ§°ÜŁŹ´íÎóşĹ:-34
      translated:
      Ping from Nandi dismantling equipped with a 2975〗, and another 267 can be fitted with dirt Jie Ping〗 equipped with moxibustion
      Error number Zhao  moxibustion pet pet id: 10584Error number Zhao  moxibustion pet pet id: 32103Error number Zhao  moxibustion pet pet id: 32104Error number Zhao  moxibustion pet pet id: 32105Total Jie Lou into the 80 knees with substance beerThere is 1850 people total Jie hanging beerLUA Jiaoxingbanxing 102Cheng screen scraping word beginning mares-tail ← failure Ju Yao Cheng mares-tail early step failed  Error Number: -34
      solution if u run to this trouble
      -go to pwroot/gamed/config
      -open filters and delete all crap inside, then put this line to top:
      Code:
      [COLOR=#333333][^-0-9a-zA-Zа-яА-Яё Ё][/COLOR]
      -go to pwroot/gamed open file gs.conf and find lines
      Code:
      [COLOR=#333333]table_name        = *something here*[/COLOR]
      name_charset     = *something here*
      [COLOR=#333333]table_charset    = *something here*[/COLOR]
      and change to this:
      Code:
      [COLOR=#333333]
      [/COLOR][COLOR=#333333]table_name        = filters [/COLOR]
      name_charset     = UTF-8
      table_charset    = UTF-8
      then start gs and profit

gfactiond offline

• wrong or missed libraries
example
  • Java Runtime Environment is required for the PW Java API (used by authd and pwAdmin)
    COMMAND~: apt-get install openjdk-6-jre
  • For 64 Bit Debian
    Install ia32 libs and copy some required libraries not contained in ia32
    COMMAND~: apt-get install ia32-libs
    COMMAND~: cp -f /root/pwserver/.setup/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.7 /lib32/libstdc++.so.5
    COMMAND~: cp -f /root/pwserver/.setup/lib/libpcre.so.3.12.1 /lib32/libpcre.so.0
    COMMAND~: cp -f /root/pwserver/.setup/lib/libtask.so /lib32/libtask.so
  • For 32 Bit Debian [ /lib/libpcre.so.0 is needed for ubuntu-11.10-server-amd64 ]
    Copy some required libraries
    COMMAND~: cp -f /root/pwserver/.setup/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.7 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5
    COMMAND~: cp -f /root/pwserver/.setup/lib/libpcre.so.3.12.1 /usr/lib/libpcre.so.0
    COMMAND~: cp -f /root/pwserver/.setup/lib/libtask.so /usr/lib/libtask.so
wrong server | file path

• edit " server/gamed/gs.conf | gsalias.conf [ llok at template ] "
配置文件:'gs.conf' 配置增补文件:'gsalias.conf'
装备后绑定功能打开
读取任务系统失败:'/root/PWServer/gamed/config/tasks.data','/root/PWServer/gamed/config/dyn_tasks.data'
第一步初始化失败,错误号:-4
Server files must be located on / folder and not on /root

CLIENT
[ @ 1.3.x available clients are in the releases [ own customized ] ||| @ 1.4.x available clients are v580+ [ v580 / 606 / 612 / 621 / 670 [ restricted ] ]

server network error

• mysql error [ ip | db | name | passwd ]
  • AUTH problem [ wrong java path | wrong lib ]
  • wrong hosts file [ wrong ip | missing services ]
  • 343 says
    server network error is ALWAYS a problem with AUTHD being able to 'talk' to MySQL...
version low

• wrong gshop.data or gshop1.data [ client ]
  • wrong gshopsev.data or gshopsev1.data [ sever ]
    • gshop = normal boutique | gshop1 = event boutique
    • gshop.data | 1 and gshopsev.data | 1 need same timetamp
    • Price ( value 0 : crash server) [ thx @ NoSlave ]
    • stack > max stack causes this too [ thx @ Psytrac ] > 343 says
    • ... glinkd/gamesys.conf the version= may be set to the wrong number. [ thx @qwename ]
    • ... little guide by Timma Roughton about timestamp of gshop*
Map data out of phase with the server´s

• wrong region / precinct
    region.clt (client side) => region.sev (server side)
    precinct.clt (client side) => precinct.sev (server side)
Perfect World Boutique out of phase with server

• wrong or empty gshop | 1.data / ghopsev | 1.data > edit with sgshopedit ...

Server error 255

• i think its a missing service at /etc/hosts [ 127.0.0.1 manager ] but not sure ...
    more info > follow me
Unknown error 255

• this is missing ips or wrong hosts file
models.pck / pkx

• cmd: copy /b models.pck + models.pkx tempmodels.pck

GiantAxe says

cmd: copy /b models.pck + models.pkx tempmodels.pck
    drag tempmodels.pck to your spck folder and extract it, how to repack it and split it back to 2gb file is up to you.

but for god sakes man this has been asked over 100x before, so requesting this thread to be closed. (I can make requests right? lol)
    343 says
    but btw, if you take the last client v80 merge the PCK and PKX and re-compress them it will be under 2GB, so no need to re-split. You can actually get it the smallest by using pwpack '08 and using the 'level 9 compression' ("PWPack.exe -z 9 -c models.pck.files models.pck").. If you do that your new models.pck should be exactly 1,701,129,352 bytes, or 1.58GB (if you're using a virgin models from the last v80 client)...

Now also, admittedly, I'm not sure exactly how you would split once over 2GB because I ran -z 0 (for least compression) and the file was huge. So I split it at exactly 2GB and the client would not start. So I don't think splitting it at exactly 2GB will work and I couldn't really be bothered to figure it out...
    petyo73 says
    Decision to unpack and re-pack models archives new version PWI.
    We offer you a way step by step, testing and working 100%:

All procedures done in the game/element directory itself.
    1) open note pad and paste:
    copy /B models.pck +models.pkx tempmodels.pck
    save it as merge.bat
    (This step will merge 2 files pck + pkx into one new file tempmodels.pck)

2) open note pad again and paste:
    spck.exe -pw -x "tempmodels.pck"
    save it as extract.bat
    (This procedure unpack a new file to folder ''tempmodels.pck.files''. After unpack files to folder, delete tempmodels.pck.)

3) open note pad a third time and paste:
    spck.exe -pw -c "tempmodels.pck.files" 9
    save it as compress.bat
    (This procedure re-pack folder to a new final file ''tempmodels.pck''. Archive pck working correctly only with compression level 9 )

4) Rename old archive models.pck original game file to old_models.pck. Rename new files tempmodels.pck to models.pck.

5) run each batch file in order. it will take quite a while. just be patient and wait for it to shut off the command line from each .bat file (models.pck contain 104300 files and above), before you start a new one.

As a reminder:
    ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR MODELS.PCK

Also will offer you a special tools ski files viewer for 32 bit windows system.

Unpack the viewer to folder. Copy any ski files + textures folder and paste into folder viewer.
    Simple drag ski file to ModelViewer.exe

Last edited:
0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13,
Reaction score
How to split your pck to pkx

to pack and partition pck archives exceeding 2GB
Code:
sPCK.exe -pw -c litmodels.pck.files
Code:
split.exe litmodels.pck 2147483648

Rename files litmodels.pck.1 and litmodels.pck.2 to their proper name litmodels.pck and litmodels.pkx
2147483648<----- This size didn't work for me
2047483648<----- This size did work, i'm guessing pw doesn't like sitting right on the limit...you could probably stay a byte under and be ok.
Verified - 2047483647 works
Taken from , thanks Russia!!, and ty user Murphy :)

fgru - typical error and more > a helping hand - RaGEZONE Forums

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Re: How to split your pck to pkx

Code:
Code:

Rename files litmodels.pck.1 and litmodels.pck.2 to their proper name litmodels.pck and litmodels.pkx
2047483648<----- This size did work, i'm guessing pw doesn't like sitting right on the limit...you could probably stay a byte under and be ok.

Great work!

Upvote 0

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Concerning the issue between the Gauth and the gdelivery: gdelivery::connect to GAuth server failed

Credits to Bola

here a small guide

Server <-------------------> Client
Isec <-------------------> Isec
IsecKey <-------------------> IsocKey
Osec <-------------------> Osec
OsecKey<-------------------> OsocKey
Shared <-------------------> Shared

authd config is on /etc/authd.conf
and gdeliveryd /server/gdeliveryd/gamesys.conf

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I had this issue just a little while ago: Perfect World Boutique out of phase with server

Turns out that you need to make sure you restart all maps so that they reload the shop data. After restarting all maps this error went away. Just something else to look out for.

Upvote 0
Reaction score

Code:
Code:

I like this find a lot! All I remember is splitting exactly at the threshold, and I know it did NOT like that (didn't work). I don't imagine splitting at 2047483648 would be optimal though either (granted it may work). Perhaps someone can test for me since I no longer have an installed client, try splitting at 2146435072. That will leave exactly 1MB (1048576) to spare before the threshold... Please be sure to post up if that works or not (someone) !!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score

2146435072 works mate

Just an observation
2147483648 Threshold
2147483647 Just 1 byte off the threshold works

Reactions: 343
Upvote 0

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score

I like this find a lot! All I remember is splitting exactly at the threshold, and I know it did NOT like that (didn't work). I don't imagine splitting at 2047483648 would be optimal though either (granted it may work). Perhaps someone can test for me since I no longer have an installed client, try splitting at 2146435072. That will leave exactly 1MB (1048576) to spare before the threshold... Please be sure to post up if that works or not (someone) !!!!!!!!!!

Working awesome!

Reactions: 343
Upvote 0

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
@343 Hm i noticed something on the server when traveling to spire of awakening near tellus city

Code:
[B][COLOR=#ff0000]-EC log-[/COLOR][/B]

[16:55:21.983] <!> CECOrnament::LoadInThread, Failed to load LitModels\world\66\litmodel_1482.bmd

[16:55:21.984] <!> CECOrnament::LoadInThread, Failed to load LitModels\world\66\litmodel_1480.bmd

Code:
[B][COLOR=#ff0000]-AF log-[/COLOR][/B]

[16:55:21.983] AFilePackGame::OpenSharedFile, Failed to read file data [LitModels\world\66\litmodel_1482.bmd] !
[16:55:21.983] AFileImage::Can not open file [LitModels\world\66\litmodel_1482.bmd] from disk!
[16:55:21.984] AFilePackGame::OpenSharedFile, Failed to read file data [LitModels\world\66\litmodel_1480.bmd] !
[16:55:21.984] AFileImage::Can not open file [LitModels\world\66\litmodel_1480.bmd] from disk!

Any idea how we could split again because i've split it on the treshold but yea this error Dx

so the split works as maps etc are loaded and no error of getting ingame but when passing in certain area (this one now it will crash to client)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Not sure, you did mention you split @ threshold, try it to see if the same thing happens when split at 2146435072 (I would consider 2146435072 more 'safe', and would like to know if those same types of problems come up)...

Upvote 0

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Not sure, you did mention you split @ threshold, try it to see if the same thing happens when split at 2146435072 (I would consider 2146435072 more 'safe', and would like to know if those same types of problems come up)...

Yea I talked with sora about it and he didnt had the issue the funny thing is that after I few hours I decided to clear logs and check 1 more time the log in client.

I teleported back and wonder by wonder I didnt crash anymore 2/6 ppl that test with me have the error the other 4 could go there fine. . Which I find weird because we all use the client made by me.

I will try your next suggestion tho tomorrow after work

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I use linux to split my pck files (hate windows), I merge, split and create an MD5 checksum all in one automated script.

Example (splitting):
Code:
[COLOR="#0000FF"]split[/COLOR] --bytes=[COLOR="#FF0000"]2146435072[/COLOR] /path/to/litmodels.pck /path/to/litmodels.pck [COLOR="#008000"]#creates new split files .pckaa & .pckab[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]rm[/COLOR] /path/to/litmodels.pck [COLOR="#008000"]#removes old.pck[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]mv[/COLOR] /path/to/litmodels.pckaa /path/to/litmodels.pck [COLOR="#008000"]#renames[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]mv[/COLOR] /path/to/litmodels.pckab /path/to/litmodels.pkx [COLOR="#008000"]#renames[/COLOR]

Example (merging):
Code:
[COLOR="#0000FF"]cat[/COLOR] /path/to/models.pck /path/to/models.pkx > /path/to/new.models.pck [COLOR="#008000"]#merges 2 files into one[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]rm[/COLOR] /path/to/models.pck  [COLOR="#008000"]#removes old.pck[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]rm[/COLOR] /path/to/models.pkx  [COLOR="#008000"]#removes old.pkx[/COLOR]
[COLOR="#0000FF"]mv[/COLOR] /path/to/new.models.pck /path/to/models.pck [COLOR="#008000"]#renames[/COLOR]

Example (MD5):
Code:
md5sum /path/to/litmodels.pck >> /path/to/pck-md5.txt
md5sum /path/to/litmodels.pkx >> /path/to/pck-md5.txt
[COLOR="#008000"]#the 2 >> adds to the file instead of overwriting[/COLOR]

If that is of any use to you!?

Reactions: Ben
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hi guys! I have tried everything but in the end my models.pck ends weighing more than 2GB, still do not understand this:

¨how to repack it and split it back to 2gb file is up to you.¨

refers to that exactly? I have to go into the folder you unzipped the models.pck + models.pkx and divide files on the amount I want and I go back to compress, with spkc? after, I rename one of the files models.pck and other models.pkx... or I can do the same thing with littlemodels with the split? because I try to do the same but with the models.pck ... then grab the resulting models.pck1 and models.pck2, rename them to the corresponding but not work

help me, not that I do after my file weighs more than 2GB :mellow:
PD:sorry for my english is not my native language

Upvote 0

CJ1

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
does anyone have a gshop and gshopsev file from PWI? just looking for a carbon copy that I can use on my 1.5.1 V 101 install. I can't get any ghop editor to work :( and really want certain items that are obtainable from packs ( since I can not get mail 2 to send items ingame properly, without either map crashing or item disappearing on collect, or item not being able to be used )

Please anyone? Even same prices as PWI would be fine. After all I can send gold ingame through iweb :)

Upvote 0
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GS error code:
--wrong character in gs.conf / gsalias.conf
ex:
Code:
Abase_region		=	{-512.0,-512.0} , {512,512.0}
--configuration data error
ex:
gs.conf