Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Adding hair to character creation. [All Versions]

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I was looking specifically how to do this for a while,
So here is what I found and a little guide that explains a little bit more clearly how its done.
I know it has been stated before so credits to the posts I found to be the most helpful at the bottom of this post.

Elements.data portion:
  1. Open elements.data for your version.
  2. find section 59, This is where you add the textures for the hair.
  3. For example I am going to add the "Tideborn Female Hair Texture 01" to all the classes. Change the character_combo_id (line 6) to the proper class mask, in our case its going to be 1023.
  4. line 7 "gender_id" is looking for 0 or 1. 0 = Male, 1 = Female.
  5. Next find section 63, This is where you add the actual style of the hair. Sticking with "Tideborn Female Hair 01" we will make the same edits as we did to the texture. only difference is "character_combo_id" is on line 5. still looks for the class mask.
  6. line 6 is "gender_id" which acts the same as the texture. 0=male, 1 = female.

I would like to think pulling the textures to port a hair style to an older version would be self explanatory but if requested I will explain it a bit better.
hint: facedata.pck and surfaces.pck

Hope this helps at least somebody xD

Thanks to rbb138 and crxfreak for their posts that explained it to me.

Last edited:
Back