Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to edit skills full guide (SERVER SIDE) (GS Edit) Dmg delay etc...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
where i can download IDA PRO 6.0 + Hex-Rays?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to enable insta cast in 1.5.1 server?

RaGEZONER
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sorry lol ... ... and THIS IS THE WRONG THREAD FOR YOUR QUESTION !!! i hope u can read AND understand now ...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
How to edit genie spark using this?

I want to reduce its power.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello

I've followed this guide succesfully (with some strugle) specifically the part 3 where it gets to the damage function of the holy Armaggedon skill, but now im having an issue.
I wanted to test changing a simple value such as the fixed damage of "5000". So i get to the part of the "state 2" of the damage calculation function, press F5 to generate pseudocode and see the 5000 value, then as i know that in hex its "1388" i search this in the assembler code, then bind it to the hex view-A of IDA and look for the hex offset. Once i get this i load the gs in a hex editor, go to said offset and modify the "88 13" parts to "0F 27" (270Fh == 9999) and save the file. Finally i upload it to the server, turn it on and access with my Barbarian who has the skill Armagedon holy, but i test it with a simple lvl 1 mob and it still delivers the same damage as before (around 5200 dmg. This barbarian has less than 100 hp and mp so that would not affect greatly the equation).

So in short, the changes to the fixed damage are not being taken into account. Is something that im missing or that you thing i could be doing wrong?
Another important thing is that im using the 343 complete PW package version 1.4.6 and i noticed that in the "gamed" folder it has a "gs" file of only around 13 MB and a much larger one called "gs.old" of about 240 MB.
First i tried editing the "gs" file with IDA, but almost none of the relevant functions where there. Then i tried "gs.old" and everything was there so i assumed that was the correct file. Maybe "gs" was modified by 343 and it has a hook to "gs.old" or something like that. I really don't know just speculating.

If anyone could provide any insights i would really appreciate it.
Thanks

Reaction score
Just to chime in on that, all the gs files in my release are stripped but the ones with the .old extension are the (original) pre-stripped gs files :wink:

So they are the same... (just stripped)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi 343, thanks for your reply

What do you mean by stripped?
And do this "stripped" gs make use of the gs.old or how come that they are so lightweight? i mean i wouldn't imagine that it runs a a standalone version of gs or am i mistaken?

I also tried running the server with the "gs.old" by renaming it to "gs" (previous backup of the stripped one) but it woulnd't start that service.

Sorry for noobish questions, just trying to understand how this works :):

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi 343, thanks for your reply

What do you mean by stripped?
And do this "stripped" gs make use of the gs.old or how come that they are so lightweight? i mean i wouldn't imagine that it runs a a standalone version of gs or am i mistaken?

I also tried running the server with the "gs.old" by renaming it to "gs" (previous backup of the stripped one) but it woulnd't start that service.

Sorry for noobish questions, just trying to understand how this works :):

What "stripped" means, its empty, or deleted, or removed for a reasons. The file still there, its just empty, blank and whatsoever words or meaning close to it.

gs.old is the "untouched" file, means the original file before getting "stripped".

Reaction score
o_O really?

It eliminates needless poop:

-"gnu strip discards all symbols from object files"

-"In Unix and Unix-like operating systems, the strip program removes unnecessary information from executable binary programs and object files, thus potentially resulting in better performance and sometimes significantly less disk space usage. This information may consist of debugging and symbol information; however the standard leaves the scope of changes up to the implementer."

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ohh i see, sorry about that.
Because of the connotation of the word "strip" i thought you were using it to mean something else and as my linux/unix knowledge is limted, i didn't know it was an actual program. Had i imagined that i would have googled it stright away, so sorry for newbish question.

Soo, in that case: WOW! if it blows away 90%+ of the size of the program it must be really efficient, never imagined that you could achieve that size reductions.

Now i understand how this works and by using the eddited non-stripped version and removing the .old in the name, my changes now are successfully being reflected in the game. Also the last time i had tried doing that for the sake of trying, and then the server would not start the "gs" service, now i realised why that was so; i had forgotten to change the permission octal of the file after i copied it :blushing::blushing::blush:

Yeah all very noobish and stupid mistakes, but hey... at least im learning!

Now everything is working. At least that simple damage modification as the guide described. But its a start.

Thanks 343 and ShinAsakura for your help, really appreciatedhttp://forum.ragezone.com/members/1333476289.html

Reactions: 343
Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
i like the post, think i could add 79/100 skills with this, there all ingame but when i try to learn them it says unable to learn skill or something like that, ik this post is old

Back