Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to edit skills full guide (SERVER SIDE) (GS Edit) Dmg delay etc...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Full Skill Edition Guide: (Server Side)

Programs needed:

IDA PRO 6.0 + Hex-Rays

skillstr converter by Ronnie.

Hex Editor editor

A bit of brain (Just a bit .-.):tongue:

Intro:

This is the first part of the guide on editing skills. Here I will describe the general principles of work with IDA and HEX .
start. To start with the converter itself will Roni convenient file containing id skill, name and other parameters. To do this, run the skillstr2tab . exe from the console with the argument in the form of a file path skillstr
To convert a number We can see the name of the skill. Figure - this is his id in the GS .
immediately begin from the time when you have downloaded and installed the IDA :

run the executable file -> new -> select the file GS -> presses ok , then have to wait a while until the IDA will load gs in their base.

Then on the left you will see the names of the functions in the kernel. You can use the search by clicking one time on any value and pick up searh -> Search . Let's try, for example, edit skill Psychic Soul of Vengeance  
_________________________________________________________________________________________

check your file:

1102 Soul of Vengeance

Go to IDA search functions Skill1102Stub and see something like this:

lvdrake - How to edit skills full guide (SERVER SIDE) (GS Edit) Dmg delay etc... - RaGEZONE Forums

Click on the selected area 2 times and see something like this

lvdrake - How to edit skills full guide (SERVER SIDE) (GS Edit) Dmg delay etc... - RaGEZONE Forums

is necessary for our function in assembler, but it will be convenient to read in C / C + + so click F5 see the following pseudo

Click 2 times on dbl_88F3500 and get here

Here we can see the address of the variable.

Our Hex Editor, go to the address described above, for this press Ctrl + G and enter 0x and address.

comes here

changes the value, such as 0.3 save. Done.

More to come ^^ Credits go to me that spent long days searshing and translated and a to random old russiam forum

Part 2
The main parameters of the skill

Part 3
Calculation of damage

In this part of the guide I would like to talk about the features of calculation of damage in some skills. It's no secret that the skill has its own stats, but they are not calculated where I described in the previous parts of the guide. Let's start from the moment you downloaded gs in IDA. For example, we consider skill

508 God Armageddon

As we can see in the main function is called 3 papers

Code:
GNET__Skill508Stub__State1__State1
GNET__Skill508Stub__State2__State2
GNET__Skill508Stub__State3__State3

For the calculation of damage in these stats have meets function * :: Calculate
Trying to view these features for all 3 articles:
Enjoying the first function

Code:
GNET :: Skill508Stub :: State1 :: Calculate

Hmm .... In the first function is nothing tries the second

GNET :: Skill508Stub :: State2 :: Calculate

Yes, this is our formula for calculating

4 * (HP / 2 + PM / 2) 5000

Can change the values ​​as we want to.

After Hexing ur new GS add it back to linux and be happy =)

Enjoy =)

Font:

Original post owner: Электрон

translated by: lvdrake

Obs: i think a few ppl that had this Knowledge all for themselfs will be mad at me for this post xD

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Enjoy =) still no reply? O..O

Obs: i think a few ppl that had this Knowledge all for themselfs will be mad at me for this post xD
I just wanted to say that you did nice job (at least better than Google Chrome) translating the , so nobody will be mad as this is something that is known since some time already.

I appreciate your work but I think that you should point it out where did you get this from...

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, Now Only need to finish XML guide and start one about Skills GFX then u got a full set of information on how to edit skills status and effects ^^

For my Server i m using this Knowledge to Fix Starter class Skills,

Like: Warrior Sword, Lancer, skills totaly sucks and 90% of them are useless ^^ gonna fix them to fair use

Reactions: 343
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is brilliant! You now have a venue where we, as developers can balance the game and actually be better than what the official is delivering. Again a +1 Like.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
epic post. time to set up a server in localhost (again) and play with GS :D:

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Very very nice!

Interesting how it has information for icon and gfx file in the server?
Perhaps its the same data they use in elementskill.dll

You would also need to edit that DLL to get cooldown changes etc fully working.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
if you do not change the copyright, I'll post editing dll guide to private section dyndev.ru
I created this guide for the portal dyndev and do not want to put someone on him their copyrights, and copyrights other portal

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you do not change the copyright, I'll post editing dll guide to private section dyndev.ru
I created this guide for the portal dyndev and do not want to put someone on him their copyrights, and copyrights other portal
The last time the OP logged in was 14 hours ago, so they haven't seen your post yet..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
awesome guide, can't wait to finish setting server in VBox and try those out

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i'm confused with dbl_88F3500
I mean dbl_88F3500 none on this picture :

then how do I find the value of dbl_88F3500

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Full Skill Edition Guide: (Server Side)

Programs needed:

IDA PRO 6.0 + Hex-Rays

skillstr converter by Ronnie.

Hex Editor editor

A bit of brain (Just a bit .-.):tongue:

Click 2 times on dbl_88F3500 and get here

where's dbl_88F3500 here, i cant click 2 times coz i cant see it here in image

REMOVED
my hex editor is ready now but i dont know what to input here

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
please help me understand this, i want to know how to edit gs, other links incomplete tutorials :?:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have to know the address to look for in your hex editor.

To find the address, click on the 0. Then look at the bottom left hand corner. That is the address that you need to GoTo in your hex editor to make the edit.

For example, you will see something similar to:
C6 40 62 00 8B 45 08 C6

Change the 00 to a 05.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You have to know the address to look for in your hex editor.

To find the address, click on the 0. Then look at the bottom left hand corner. That is the address that you need to GoTo in your hex editor to make the edit.

For example, you will see something similar to:
C6 40 62 00 8B 45 08 C6

Change the 00 to a 05.

[IMG]https://forum.ragezone.com/ima...lot Visionary for helping me always :thumbup:

Back