Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] How To Create Npc Shop

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please help! 1.0.1 gshop

:grr: I created a gshop for MrKiller's 1.5.1 server files and have been going over this for 2 weeks now and can not find the problem. I started with empty gshop and added files and have remade this 3 times now adding each piece individually. (Sometimes when you look at stuff for too long, you can't see the obvious)

Was hoping someone here might be nice enough to look and see what the problem is.

I uploaded gshop/gshopsev in rar pkg:

Just a note: I would rather make npc's to sell this stuff rather than have boutique but unable to find any tuts on how to do this.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Re: Please help! 1.0.1 gshop

how to figure out:
-import gshop.data as client to sgshopedit
-get timestamp
-save as database
-load this database
-export to client and serverside

-upload serversided to server
-start a map what u want
-check the output in shell or check logs whatever
error will appear with itemid

Reaction score

I personally really like the idea of ditching the gshop all-together too, and just have NPC vendors!

I don't have the time or memory sadly to note how this could be done myself. At least not in full technicality. I can attempt to describe it 'lightly' for you...

Use a completely empty gshop and that will eliminate the shop 'button' (icon) in game (step 1)

Next, I really don't remember adding custom NPCs being as hard as it sounds. If you have my release you can look at it, as I added a couple custom NPCs. Some to 'emulate' NPCs from a higher game version, IE: I added a custom NPC that teleports you to the wedding chapel/hall whatever the heck it's called. Etc.

So in terms of adding a whole new NPC (using the 'skin' of an existing one) I highly suggest looking at my release (v136) to see some examples of how exactly that was/is done. If you don't yet have my release - well I can only recommend to get it ;)

As far as adding the 'custom' NPC, you have to create it in elements.data (using unique ID numbers etc), set all the variables that need to be set, such as the 'skin' (model) - just use one of an existing NPC. You will also have to 'link' to a 'sell list' for the NPC in elements. Glancing at ELeditor for ya, it looks like the list you will want to set is PURCHASE ITEMS. Just create a unique number for the list and insert it to the NPC's config. Then go to the list for 'purchase items' and create that number over there, there you will be able to set the item numbers he will vend. If you want to alter the prices they're worth (buy and or sell prices) you'll find that on the actual item list.

Here I'll post a screenie just in case my blabbling doesn't make any sense...

abileneken - [Help] How To Create Npc Shop - RaGEZONE Forums

Click Here For Bigger Pic

- YELLOW is to reference what list numbers need to be edited (at a minimum, if you want to alter the items buy/sell price you edit that at the item itself in the items list).
- RED *MUST* be a unique identifier # (the NPC has to be unique from other NPCs, and the item list needs to be unique from other item lists)
- GREEN is the number to the list of what to sell, so the NPC "knows what to sell"
- PURPLE is the list of **** to sell

It really is that simple. Minus of course, as stated, if you want to edit the price that's done in the items list @ the item. Also, of course, you have to then add the NPC to NPCGEN - By using the number in RED from list 56/57/58 (IE: 2165 -or- 2162 from above example photo). Also, either using a model-viewer or just in game 'testing' pick the 'skin' or model you'd like to use and be sure to set that (copy/paste from the one you want to use) on line 5 (list 56/57/58)...

So much for not getting too in depth :lol: Luckily I still had sELedit laying around and some elements.data's that weren't compressed (I would have been too lazy to decompress <.<)

Oh well, I hope you can get it done now :): As you can see stuff like the list numbers, or the contents of lists will vary depending on which version of sELedit you're using, and which game version. In my screenie the one on the left is in /PW_DEV/sELedit/ (old seleditor and v136), the one on the right is the newest sELedit in /PW_DEV/pwtools-bin/sELedit/ and v146/v151...

Happy Editing :D:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

AWESOME! I wasn't able to figure out how to spawn an npc so I wound up giving the sale service to the "PW Boutique Agent" but there is one small problem with this.....not sure where to find item list to change/add prices. Some items are priced outrageous (like Plat hp/mp charms) and some (all packs....see pic) have no price at all.

any help on where to change/add sell price?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

AWESOME! I wasn't able to figure out how to spawn an npc so I wound up giving the sale service to the "PW Boutique Agent" but there is one small problem with this.....not sure where to find item list to change/add prices. Some items are priced outrageous (like Plat hp/mp charms) and some (all packs....see pic) have no price at all.

any help on where to change/add sell price?
Well the id that you added in the list (each id) is an item id.
Using that one of those id's and the search function from seledit it will take you to the desired item.
Another good way to get an item is pw database 26386 the red marked number 26386 is the id of the item that you are viewing.
Also i don't know if this is avaible for 15.1 too since i only work on 1.3.6 , but prices sometimes when changed cause the map to crash , so don't hurry up and make a huge chance , take a few items at time.

Reaction score

First thing's first - here's an example of how to set up your (a) new "custom" NPC in the NPCGEN editor:

Click here for bigger image

Step 1 - right click open area for context menu, select "ADD ROW"
Step 2 - set NPC ID in lower window to the new NPC you're making IE 29930 (in my SS example) {It will ofc show up as "NOT FOUND" since this is a fresh NPC you just made - Don't worry about this!}
Step 3 - Settings in lower box should reflect as shown in my SS, "amount" = "1", the rest "0", first box NOT checked, last 3 checked
Step 4 - Set coordinates to spawn (GREEN box)
Step 5 - Set facing direction - the direction the NPC will face (BLUE box)
Step 6 - The rest should match my SS example too (upper box) - "FREE 3D", "NPC", "0", TICKED, TICKED, TICKED, "0", "0", "0", "0"

Do not worry about the RED box (spread X Y Z) - that's so, for example, if you were setting up an area with multiple mobs and didn't want to have an individual entry for each one you could set the AMOUNT variable to how many you want (say 50 instead of 1), and the spread will denote how far away from each other they spawn...

That's all there is to adding your new and custom NPC to the 'world' (make sure if you are putting it in the main world you edit the NPCGEN.DATA in ../gamed/config/world/ -or- for example if you wanted to put it in "WRAITHGATE" you'd want to edit the NPCGEN.DATA in ../gamed/config/a14/)

Item Price:

Simplest of all:
Step 1 - Locate item in ELEMENTS.DATA
Step 2 - Change price(s) (buy and sell, sell and buy)

Any items that do not have a price, sadly that means there's no entry for it in elements, such as packs. Packs are "task items" and ALL task items do NOT even have the price fields...

Other than that, the price the player buys it for MUST ALWAYS be MORE than the price the NPC will pay the player for it. Physically, not just logically. Logically it's a no brain-er because otherwise say you had an item a player could buy for 1 coin, and the NPC payed 1,000,000 to buy it from a player. But, not only does it defy logic (for that reason) it will physically cause the game to crash (gs wont run)... So make sure you always set the player buy price higher than the NPC buy price for every item in ELEMENTS.DATA. As you can see, charms in the above example, the NPC sells them for 10000000 coins, and a player could sell a charm to an NPC for 1000 coins (therefore if a player bought one at 10000000 coins then turned around and sold it back to the NPC right away, they'd be taking a MASSIVE loss). For the above example the two lines that control price happen to be 7 and 8, but I doubt that will be the same for every possible item list (there's multiple lists for "items")... For example the actual list for "items" (list 73/75/76 depending on which sELedit you use and which game version)... the fields that control price are lines 4 & 5. For pet eggs (which include ground mounts) lines 75 & 76. For flying mounts lines 5 & 6, and so on and so on... [if you look at task items list 72/74/75, you'll see that there are NO fields for price {such as "'anni' packs"}]

If you really really really wanted to sell packs (or other task items or any other items list that doesn't have price fields) - you could get creative and do it still, but you'll have to think outside the box!:

Step 1 - Simply make a quest for it! [note: you have to clone a quest {right click} and start editing it to make it it's own]

Step 2 - Have the things needed for the quests be coin ("errands") how ever much you want to charge
Step 3 - Have the Rewards be the pack(s) / item(s) you want to sell ("rewards")

Step 4 - Set up some dialogue (make sure to establish the selling price here so that the player knows how much it costs!) to finish off the quest...

Make "QUESTION LINK" = "-2147483630" for NO
Make "QUESTION LINK" = "-2147483642" for YES
[alternatively "QUESTION LINK" = "{QUESTION[#]}" for making more dialogue - making dialogue link to other/more dialogue]

"TASK LINK" = "0" for NO
"TASK LINK" = "{QUEST#}" for YES / FINISH

There's more information available about TASKS.DATA editing (and all the fields in TASK editor) here:
http://forum.ragezone.com/f695/staskedit-08-06-2011-a-787715/#post6599555

Plus, all of this and much much more is all in my ADMINNOTES.TXT in my release. :wink:

Happy editing :D:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Awesome! :thumbup:
I am assuming coords in step 4 for the NPC are the coords found from d_showpos.

I have found that client elements.data will not work on server and the server elements.data is all chineese. So I edit the client (little at a time) and then export each element to text file, with coresponding element id number as file name. In separate editor clone then replace (right click) with the txt file you just made.

Years ago when I first started playing PW, I always wondered why the "Aerocraft Dealer" didn't sell flyers. Now it will! I don't want to crowd the streets with an npc mall. Just add alot of logical "sell_service(s)" like refining supplies at the same npc you do your refining at, possibly adding decomp service at forges. Maybe have sage/demon trainers sell sage/demon skill books. Eliminate alot of running back and forth by putting what you need where you need it.

Maybe add xnumber of packs (option to choose from variety) to role call - similar to the gem tickets you get from chest rewards at top of screen.

Possibilities are endless now - Thanks for expanding my knowledge on this. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Reaction score

Awesome! :thumbup:
I am assuming coords in step 4 for the NPC are the coords found from d_showpos.

Yes, correct.

I have found that client elements.data will not work on server and the server elements.data is all chineese. So I edit the client (little at a time) and then export each element to text file, with coresponding element id number as file name. In separate editor clone then replace (right click) with the txt file you just made.

Actually from what I know only on v136 is the server and client side elements different files (mainly because they're actually a version mismatch [v136 was a v136 client with, initially a v126 server, and now since more modern files have been released it's a v136 client with a v131 server]). Any of the more modern releases such as v142 v145 v146 v148 v151, whatever, the client and server side elements.data are (or at least can be) the same exact file physically, byte for byte, bit for bit...

Years ago when I first started playing PW, I always wondered why the "Aerocraft Dealer" didn't sell flyers. Now it will! I don't want to crowd the streets with an npc mall. Just add alot of logical "sell_service(s)" like refining supplies at the same npc you do your refining at, possibly adding decomp service at forges. Maybe have sage/demon trainers sell sage/demon skill books. Eliminate alot of running back and forth by putting what you need where you need it.

Maybe add xnumber of packs (option to choose from variety) to role call - similar to the gem tickets you get from chest rewards at top of screen.

Possibilities are endless now - Thanks for expanding my knowledge on this. :thumbup:

For sure, it sounds like you have good and big things in mind now! Sounds like you can make it the game PW /SHOULD/ have made it! (instead of making it so cash shopping was a necessity!) If you do complete such a large task be sure to let me know, I may even be interested in checking it out myself :wink:

^Responses in GREEN^

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Regarding what I've skimmed through here and saw 343 hinting towards:
A friend of mine and I actually used the massive floating fortress near the GM area to host a massive marketplace. It was a lot of work, but we completely removed the cash shop from the game and put literally everything in there. The initial reason for this, was due to the gshop being so temperamental with timestamps etc. We used a crafting system to get everything in the shops. Every NPC had a crafting service. We added thousands of recipes and close to 100 NPC's alone in just that. On top of that, as a precaution against hackers, we put an invisible, immune to damage, boss that can one hit through GM robe unless GM Invincibility is activated whenever the GM area's creature builder was offline (which was default offline to prevent people from getting to the GM area and (if they, by some miracle, were able to tank the boss long enough) using the GM item/test forges).

Regarding abileneken's question: "any help on where to change/add sell price?"
This is why I used a crafting system. It ran off a standard currency worth 1 cash shop gold (cubi) at a set coin price. Essentially if you had enough money you could craft the tokens with x amount of coin, and then x tokens crafted the item from cash shop. This is a very complex system and requires A TON of new id's and recipes to be made. The other option is to manually add prices to those items in the elements.

Perhaps, at a later date when I'm not as busy, and if my friend is cool with it - since we worked on it together, I'll release the NPCGEN and elements here, on the forum.

GL to you though. :)

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

You can see updates on what I have done at : facebook.com/questerspw

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Just want to come back and say thanks to everyone. Went ahead and went "live" with the server so now I got to learn how to do the update part next since others are wanting to play.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

btw, is there a way to remove the Bidding Hall so it doesnt red spam?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Is there a way to disable red chat spam for the bidding hall?

~while I am asking, been trying to figure out how to make a new npc spawn an event like one in dreamweaver (103) and one in 1k (104) or even better, an item in their inventory that they could right click on it to start it.

Last edited:
Reaction score

remove the items in the list should do it.

and yes, there is a way to run and event at all times

Last edited:
Reaction score
Really, I JUST did like a HUGE write-up on this, search around for it!!!

BTW this surely aint no development, MOVING... ... ...

Moving to tutorials, and gonna MERGE with all my posts/pics on how to do this!!!

Back