Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[How To] Hex-Edit the GS to increase your server EXP/Spirit

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Talking About xp gain I have been messing around with it, but i sort of didn't find the line to edit the powered mob xp gain, for example for lvl 1 creature originally it gives lets say 3xp but powered version of it gives 6xp, ( Increased movement speed, HP , weak, sacrificial assault, etc ) so my question is where do I edit the 6xp? noticed it when I removed xp gain from elements.data edited every mob to give 0 xp that works but the powered ones still give the xp X_x

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
All of that is already done, standard mobs give 0 xp the mobs with addons like defense, sacrifice, weak etc they still give xp i cant find the field for that

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.36 version, go to file /PWServer/gamed/ptemplate.conf and edit your server rates

As I wrote before
: Monster xp in elements data has been set to 0
: I did not mention ptemplate but also there the xp sp gold gain is set to 0
Or do I have to find a specific line in there that sets the xp for monsters with addons?
Since monster with addon Weak gives 0,3% xp, Monster with psy defense gives 0,7% xp
So it seems that there must be multiple lines that make it happen..

Additional info that i have dug up
: every monster has a type sElement list 39 field 2 that number represents a chance of addons which it might get from list 38.
But the question remains where to edit the xp gain for the list because i don't kind of want to remove the addons from mobs.

Any info on that would be greatly apreciated :?:

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Works in version 1.5.1??

If you see a thread that tells you to go to a specific address for hex editing then it will only work on that specific version the thread is about, You can either open 1.4.4 version and find that function that you need to edit then look for it on 1.5.1 using IDA or simply keep searching for what you look for on the forums because no this is specific to 1.4.4

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I need tutorial for version 1.5.1
Then why don't you download a 1.4.4 GS and download "IDA Dissassembler" then go to the addresses he writes like '0013e8c9' here and then inside IDA see how the FUNCTION LOOKS and then download a 1.5.1 GS and then GO to the SAME function in IDA using SEARCH TECHNIQUES like SAME BYTES 'sequence of bytes' or even just the functions actual name and then change the same poop from his post. Its not hard to think of ways to do the same thing in another version if you take the effort. Not everyone here is going to do your work for you and get you the address of the same things but in 1.5.1 just go do it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Then why don't you download a 1.4.4 GS and download "IDA Dissassembler" then go to the addresses he writes like '0013e8c9' here and then inside IDA see how the FUNCTION LOOKS and then download a 1.5.1 GS and then GO to the SAME function in IDA using SEARCH TECHNIQUES like SAME BYTES 'sequence of bytes' or even just the functions actual name and then change the same poop from his post. Its not hard to think of ways to do the same thing in another version if you take the effort. Not everyone here is going to do your work for you and get you the address of the same things but in 1.5.1 just go do it.
The post says it's for 1.4.4, so I just asked for a tutorial for 1.5.1. Your ignorant!

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
The post says it's for 1.4.4, so I just asked for a tutorial for 1.5.1. F2ck Y4u idiot ignorant

I mean she technically just gave you a tutorial as to how to do it in 1.5.1....

Absolutely no reason to get hostile because nobody presents you the information you want on a golden spoon and cradles your neck while you sip away...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I mean she technically just gave you a tutorial as to how to do it in 1.5.1....

Absolutely no reason to get hostile because nobody presents you the information you want on a golden spoon and cradles your neck while you sip away...
The hostile was the "jv90", "the same poop from his post". I was kind, just asked for a tutorial!

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I could have said it way more hostile than that but I didn't. Most people don't want a tutorial but to be told the exact address instead of going finding it. If you do not know hex editors and IDA enough to know that if one function is found in 1.4.4 it can be found the same way in IDA in 1.5.1 then you have not done enough prior learning to even be doing a modification like this.
I took the time to explain to you how one could take the info from this post and do it yourself with basic logic and IDA Disassembler and that's more than others were telling you in this post.
The reason for the tone in my reply is because no one bothers to do basic learning of computers before wanting to come do PW Development and then expects someone else to 'do the work for 1.5.1' and then 'just tell me the offsets so i don't have to look them up myself' etc

If you really want to learn how to find it in 1.5.1 I can explain it for you with pictures, but that's only if next time you want to do a edit from old version into say a new version you try it yourself first.

For example: if I show you one time how I for example would re-find such a thing like this in 1.5.1 then you can use that as a learning example, but if you wanted me to tell you 'exactly the address' of where to 'edit it' is why I could get mad but again its hard to tell what most people are after :glare:

Back