Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Install Hulu's pw-web

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok this tutorial is a work in progress so user help is definitely appreciated.

The first thing I want to say is I have not tried this on anything but ubuntu 14 I don't recommend trying it with any version of php other than 5.5.9 because 5.6 and 7.0 gave me hell and never exactly were able to get the install right. Now lets get down to the fun part setting all of this up.

I used as I said ubuntu 14 but I also followed my guide to setup a 151 server so if this does not work and you have used a different setup I take no responsibility. (If you want to do a new install link is in my signature.). I DO NOT KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK WITH ANY SERVER SETUP OTHER THAN THE ONE I USED.

The first thing you need to do is get the files.

Now we need to install some things.

First do

Code:
apt-get update
then
apt-get install curl php5-cli git  this installs php dependencies you are going to need.

Next you need to install composer

Code:
curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | sudo php -- --install-dir=/usr/local/bin --filename=composer

Now the php gd extention.

Code:
apt-get install php5-gd; service apache2 restart

Note the restart is necessary if you don't do it it will create problems.

Now this piece comes directly from the get hub for the project but I will explain it better.

First go ahead and upload the files to your www directory not everything in the root of the pw-web-master file should be in the root of www it should not be in a folder. If your directory doesn't look like it does below you need to move the files.
crucifix - Install Hulu's pw-web - RaGEZONE Forums

I am not going to go through how to chmod folders via terminal again if you followed my guide you should know how.If you didn't the info is still there or you can just use winSCP or whatever ftp client you use to do it.

You need to set the permissions on a few folders to 777 I know spare me but it is the only way you are going to get it to work.

storage/app/
storage/framework/
storage/logs/
bootstrap/cache/
.env

all of these need to be 777 the . env can be a little tricky as . files get hidden so I am going to help you out there. is a copy of the .env file the dot has been replaced with an underscore so it wont be hidden when you upload it. Edit it to match your database credentials upload it to your www directiory.. chmod it to 777 then rename it back to .env it will prolly vanish on you at that point but its there. Also enable mod rewrite a2enmod rewrite then restart apache with service apache2 restart

Ok assuming all the folders and the .env file have been chmoded you now need to edit two files.

First is
apache2.conf

You can find it in etc apache2 You need to change one setting here.

Code:
<Directory /var/www/>
	Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
	AllowOverride None
	Require all granted
</Directory>

Change AllowOverride to All instead of None.

The second file is inside sites-available in the apache2 folder 000-default.conf

This will change your root directory to www/public

Code:
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
	DocumentRoot /var/www/html

Change DocumentRoot to var/www/public.

restart apache2 again.

Now go to your www directory then run these commands.

Code:
composer install this will take a minute so be patient. 

php artisan migrate --seed  this will populate the needed tables in your datbase

php artisan key:generate this create your key.

Now go to your domain or ip address it should load up the installer if it doesn't you prolly have the permissions wrong redo the permissions on the folders from earlier in the post. Now the important thing here is the version setting and the encryption the version if you are using my guide is 101 the encryption will be md5.

Anyway it should work from there. I have no idea how to get admin rights so I will make a post later on that as well as how to add to the shop etc.

Oh if you want to see it in action

Ok so two things to make yourself admin just go into your database in the user table under role set it to administrator you will then have admin under your account settings. Also apparently it does work with 5.6 php other than that have a nice day guys.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if anyone user got the error 500 and 404 try remoding ^_^ if you got stuk on "Whoops" try to change the app.php "debug = true" , and on the .env file change debug = true , you will get the correct installing guide

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
One of those is usually permissions or not having mod rewrite enabled but thanks hopefully that helps someone. Ill add it the guide later.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
install on client(hosting) or server(Dedicated) ?
Free, up to you, if indeed mysql you can be controlled through out the server, better through hostingLike me in the same server I use a virtual host for the website, so if someone checks your port "eg nmap" via the official website (not the server just as hos intermediaries) all your ports will not be detected except port 80, if you are still confused Please comment again

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, i know this post is old and maybe dead, but just tried test this panel
does any1 know thy port 29000 shows offline?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
My first stab in the dark would be that your glinkd service is not running... glinkd is the one that hosts port 29000 by default...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Set port ip 29000 to 127.0.0.1Utileze the port 29001 as your ip 192.168.1.1

Set port ip 29000 to 127.0.0.1use port 29001 as your ip 192.168.1.1

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello .... anyone know how to fixed this

1. Players Online Stuck on 16 Player
2. Ranking Not Showing Anything
3. Crate Character 0 and Faction Create 0

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
try this version,

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
the panel from hulu is full of bugs and is no longer supported, however other people have taken the panel and are making it there own, example is the link ilham009 gave is a remake OR a version where everything is fixed

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the panel from hulu is full of bugs and is no longer supported, however other people have taken the panel and are making it there own, example is the link ilham009 gave is a remake OR a version where everything is fixed
Yup, many bug, im already fixed Online Player and other thing, just wanna try now form the link ilham009 gave,

Back