Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Use navicat to manage databases. ( replace phpmyadmin for security. )

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok this might get moved but its something I learned later in my life that should probably help. phpmyadmin is not very secure mostly because everyone who knows anything about webhosting knows about it. I find a better way to manage your sql db;s is to do it remotely so I am going to give you a tutorial on how to get navicat working on your server or a good free alternative is HeidiSQL.

First you need to set your bind address in etc/mysql the file is my.cnf look for bind address its set to 127.0.0.1 which means the local machine aka no remote source can connect to it.

You can change this to 0.0.0.0 if you are wanting a lot of people to connect but what I would do is put your ip address here so only you can connect.

Now go to putty or whatever you use terminal if you have local access to the machine and run.
mysql -u root -p

This will open your myql console now give your user the correct permissions.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'username'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY "password";

replace username and password with your login information for mysql.

You should now be able to connect to your mysql db using a remote client.

Back