Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World 1.5.1 Server Setup SIMPLIFIED

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok instead of doing the copy paste .. download the sql file and import it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok instead of doing the copy paste .. download the sql file and import it.
I do it.... in the sql file there is not the usecash entry, only usecashlog and usecashnow.

Can you share the code for creating the usecash please?

I do it.... in the sql file there is not the usecash entry, only usecashlog and usecashnow.

Can you share the code for creating the usecash please?
Solved.
I drop and import de sql again.

Thanks.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Made several revisions today explained how to chmod all of the files in a directory. Added another tip for people with none functional phpmyadmin. I also added my own link for the client off of my mega account. I am adding a 4shared link later. I have two things I am working on, I am trying to get the server running on ubuntu based puppy linux for you guys with low resources. I also am debating if I should add a link to my edited client with the patcher files in place. Let me know if you guys are interested.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
added some small updates. In the spatch tutorial. The version.sw file on the server side must be renamed to versions.sw or it will not detect. With the patcher files on your drive C: you must rename launcher.exe to patcher.exe or it wont generate your update file when you drag and drop.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey :) really thx for this great tutorial !! , i just have a little problem... when i try to create account in pwAdmin he say : mysql error (i check X times in pwadminconf.conf) and when i'm go in char tab (for add item, hexa, xp etc...on character) he say it's not possible :/ can you help me ?

and... when i launch elementclient.exe he launch patcher too, how can i just launch elementclient.exe ? (for dual pw for exemple)

ps : sorry for my bad english :/

and thx again for this good tutorial ! good job ! :D

EDIT :

how can i give the pwtools for 1.5.1 ? (seledit, taskedit, spck etc....) (i search a long time on this forum but not found...)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did you import the roles db too the sql is in the pwadmin section of the guide. That fixes the issue with the character tab as far as the client ive never done it but if you run it with the .bat file you can find in the client section you can do it. I would also get the pwtools svn download you can google it or its in my guide as well in the gshop editing portion. Feel free to pm me or get my skype out of the guide and message me.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx for your reply, for pw admin yes i use the db.txt for roles :/

add me in skype if you want : nonoguitare80

thx in advance :)

edit : impossible to change the password in etc/table.xml (acces denied)

possible to confuse pwAdmin?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
To anyone that is new to all of this, I HIGHLY recommend this thread. It has everything you need and the OP is a really awesome and helpful person. I initially had loads of trouble setting up a server using a different guide and the OP actually helped unlike some people on here that would rather just bash newbies. If I had some advice for anyone starting out it would be this:

Do yourselves a favor and NOT use Ubuntu 14.04. It gave me HUGE headaches ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) . Just awful man. Once I switched to Ubuntu 12.04, everything went along smoothly. Obviously, please do read up on the basics of Linux. It may seem like a lot at first and it is; don't panic, take it a step at a time and eventually you'll reach the finish line.

Huge thank you to the OP and +1

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
it is nothing wrong with ubuntu 14.04 LTS, i guaranty 101% bcoz my server run properly on ubuntu 14.04 :laugh:
my_svr - Perfect World 1.5.1 Server Setup SIMPLIFIED - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
What is should say is don't use anything with a gui unless your very familiar with how to work permissions in ubuntu. But thanks a lot for the kudos man.

Note he wasnt using the server version of ubuntu he was using desktop edition. Which is what was giving him the headaches he needed the desktop though so I had him switch to 12 because its easier to manage.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I apologize for the lack of updates in the last little bit. I have just been so tired expect more in the next few days. Unfortunately when the army chooses to it can work you into the ground.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hey :)
i can't see the territories map, do you know how i can fix that ?

thx in advance :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thx for your quick reply :) , what i need to change ? :/

EDIT: sorry i find...

[GDeliveryServer]
zoneid = 1
aid = 1
freeaid = 1
zondname = joslian
max_player_num = 6000
type = tcp
port = 29100
address = 127.0.0.1
so_sndbuf = 65536
so_rcvbuf = 65536
ibuffermax = 1048576
obuffermax = 1048576
tcp_nodelay = 0
listen_backlog = 10
accumulate = 1048576
mtrace = /tmp/m_trace.link
pvp = 0
battlefield = 0 (change 0 by 1)
sellpoint = 0
freecreatime = 0
max_name_len = 32
table_name = rolename.txt
name_charset = ASCII
;table_charset = UCS2
table_charset = GBK
district_id = districtzone
recalloldplayer = 1
token_login_support = true
lan_ip_list = 124.193.167.1,118.114.253.16,119.153.48.1
is_central_ds = false

a little last question ... how i can change xp,sp,drop rate ? beacause in previous version i just change the rate in ptemplate.conf... but in 1.5.1 i really don't undertand :/

really sorry for my noob level on perfect world dev ... :x

Last edited:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
thx for your quick reply :) , what i need to change ? :/

EDIT: sorry i find...

a little last question ... how i can change xp,sp,drop rate ? beacause in previous version i just change the rate in ptemplate.conf... but in 1.5.1 i really don't undertand :/

really sorry for my noob level on perfect world dev ... :x

You ahve to edit the GS i think to read the Ptemplate, so far no one did it (or not released atleast), if you want to change exp, spirit rates you can do that also from the Elements.data and multiply the nesseccary rows by the value that you want.

What is should say is don't use anything with a gui unless your very familiar with how to work permissions in ubuntu. But thanks a lot for the kudos man.

Note he wasnt using the server version of ubuntu he was using desktop edition. Which is what was giving him the headaches he needed the desktop though so I had him switch to 12 because its easier to manage.

I advise not to use the GUI mode tho for servers that go ''open" the server version of ubuntu is alot more secure and you can mess with less things then with the one with gui, tho i doubt that any server hoster has a GUI version of ubuntu so its actually better to start straight off the server version then from the GUI one to avoid confusion.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Most average users just aren't going to do that and you know it lol I'm trying to make this work for the average joe. I told all of them that but os is their choice.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks a ton again man! This guide is hands down the best out there.

After fixing the 64bit issue together with you everything worked instantly on the new ubuntu 64bit.

I'll post the correct apt-get updates for 64bit later today.

Regards,
MrRiZZaH

Here's the correct fix for ubuntu 14.04 on 64bit:

- when installing the x64 libs you will get an error and it suggests 3 diff libs instead
- install the 3 suggest libs with apt-get install
- also install "apt-get install libstdc++6:i386"
- and "apt-get install libxml2:i386" (this is for gacd failing to start)

and I suggest you run the sql from https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4o9l0mpd07asxk/Sql%20for%20DataBase.sql

as the one in the main post is returning an error, causing some functions of pwadmin not to work (like giving gold)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's the same SQL somehow people are corrupting it I think copy and pasting my pwadmin works fine

Back