Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How to solve version low errors (SGshop)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
First of all make sure you got the latest sGshop editor, posted in several places and part of pwtools. (which you should have anyways for 144) (also linked at the bottom of this post)

You will also want Gshop editor 144 v2 (link below)

Step 1) First thing you do is open sGshop and make whatever changes you want to file (add, edit, delete).

Step 2) Second make sure everything you add HAS A PRICE

Step 3) After you are done remember to export to gshop.data and gshopsev.data.

Step 4) Once done open Gshop editor 144 v2 and load your saved gshop.data. Click current Current time > time stamp.

Step 5) Next drop down your functions menu and click item price and value fix (Both). Once done save to gshop and gshopsev (Yet again you must do both). Once you have done that open winscp or filezilla or whatever program you are using to transfer files to your server. Make sure you have the option ticked to preserve timestamps and than transfer your files to your server.

Step 6) Now start up your server, and connect.

Conclusion This should solve any and all version low errors unless you A) make changes incorrectly to your elements.data (dont edit it if you dont know what your doing) or B) you didnt follow this guide.

This is as simple as it gets. I have tested with the newest sGshop (which the timestamp option in it stinks, no offense just has some problems with it, great work btw) and Gshop editor 144 v2 a thousand times and have achieved perfect results.

Hopefully now we can stop asking about version low errors. I know this is the long way around and some people have no problems with some of these editors but for those who say bla bla bla editor not working or bla bla bla still getting version low, this is a tested and tried method so that we can put that subject to rest ^^. I hope this is ok with the creators of these programs and the mods. Good luck to everyone and their servers.

Credits to ash for Gshop editor 144 v2 and sGshop by Ronny's tools

sGshop (pwtools)
Gshop editor 144 v2 http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/1-4-4-gshop-editor-833121/

Last edited:
Mythic Archon
Reaction score
First of all make sure you got the latest sGshop editor, posted in several places and part of pwtools. (which you should have anyways for 144)

You will also want Gshop editor 144 v2

First thing you do is open sGshop and make whatever changes you want to file (add, edit, delete).

Second make sure everything you add HAS A PRICE

After you are done remember to export to gshop.data and gshopsev.data.

Once done open Gshop editor 144 v2 and load your saved gshop.data. Click current Current time > time stamp.

Next drop down your functions menu and click item price and value fix (Both). Once done save to gshop and gshopsev (Yet again you must do both). Once you have done that open winscp or filezilla or whatever program you are using to transfer files to your server. Make sure you have the option ticked to preserve timestamps and than transfer your files to your server.

Now start up your server, and connect.

This should solve any and all version low errors unless you A) make changes incorrectly to your elements.data (dont edit it if you dont know what your doing) or B) you didnt follow this guide.

This is as simple as it gets. I have tested with the newest sGshop (which the timestamp option in it stinks, no offense just has some problems with it, great work btw) and Gshop editor 144 v2 a thousand times and have achieved perfect results.

Hopefully now we can stop asking about version low errors. I know this is the long way around and some people have no problems with some of these editors but for those who say bla bla bla editor not working or bla bla bla still getting version low, this is a tested and tried method so that we can put that subject to rest ^^. I hope this is ok with the creators of these programs and the mods. Good luck to everyone and their servers.

Credits to ash for Gshop editor 144 v2 and sGshop by Ronny's tools

sGshop (pwtools)
Gshop editor 144 v2 http://forum.ragezone.com/f751/1-4-4-gshop-editor-833121/

Doesnt looks like a guide is pretty hard to undesrtund (you can edit it and add like step 1) (no offens) and i dont see the point of doing this when there is this ...

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
no offense taken, ill fix it up soon and even add screen shots. (tho i thought its pretty easily to follow)

Also yes there is that, but

version low

wrong gshop.data or gshop1.data [ client ]
wrong gshopsev.data or gshopsev1.data [ sever ]
gshop = normal boutique | gshop1 = event boutique
gshop.data and gshopsev.data need same timetamp

as you can see, not a lot of discussion, and as you can see on the forums, people still ask this question time and time again. Also my post also states that when deleting and saving, that timestamps DO need to be updated hence why i use the second gshop edit 144 v2. The only thing people want to keep the timestamps the same on is when transferring to the DB (it doesnt matter if it changes 1000x as long as it matches each other in pairs.) however when testing these logics there are several flaws that can occur, such as gs still being offline due to inconsistencies with the saving of the gshop without updating the timestamps. This guide was made to be a end all to all questions regarding version low that was tested and proven to work 100% of the time with 0 inconsistencies.

Please do not take offense to anything I'm writing, I write in complicated ways and don't have 2 hours to go into every little aspect and detail of everything I'm talking about. Also I did say they were great programs by great people I was just sharing a bit to try and ease some tension off of them having to try and debug everyone's problem. If this isn't liked you guys can close it, just trying to lend a helping hand is all ^^ Please forgive me :(:

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Looks way better and easyer to understund good job

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Or use ronny's latest sgshopedit..
It has the timestamps, and all that instead of using Bash's tool to fix timestamps.
Also, it might be useful to add something like "Check the first few hex values in any hex editor, just to double check the timestamps."
As I do this anyways..better safe then sorry.
Other then that, great post.

Back