Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

TaskEdit Guide

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Guide for using the taskeditor for Perfect world

Requirements:

Any Task editor...
tasks.data

This guide will be using the taskeditor from Davidarkk

So Lets start!

Ben - TaskEdit Guide - RaGEZONE Forums

1:
iD of the task you selected, has to be unique ID, You need this ID for calling the quest from Elements.data on an NPC.

2:
Time limit that the quest has.. Example when the quest has a 2 hour limit you put 2 in there (in seconds).

3:
Type or Quest type:

This will list the quest in its setted Type in the quest log ingame.

4:
Name of the quest.

Color of the quest can be changed by using the Hex value of the color.

5:
This will show the autor's text ingame when you move the mouse over the quest name.

6:

Unknown 1: A combination here is possible to give the character certain buffs upon completing the quest.

7:

Date valid: Adds a spawn time on the quest which will determinate when the quest will be available within the set timespan.

8: This will control the date of when the quest will autofail.

Unknown 08 and Unknown 09:
Soulia said:
Unknow09 and 08 are the match number of the activation / days like...

Like you put repeat yes -> Unknow08 = 1 thats say, the quest can be repeatable 1x per day, or

you put repeat yes -> Unknow08 = 30 and Unknow09 = 235 thats say, the quest can be repeat 235 times for 30 day, and after 30 days the quest been reset...

Examples:
ID 30590 (1x per day reset after 1 next day)
ID 24934 (50x repeatble but not reset)

9: Flags

Can be ticked ON and OFF

Activate first Subquest:
When making a quest with multiple subquests, you will need to tick this option on at the main quest in order to make the quest continue to the first subquest.

Example:

Because this quests contains more then 1 subquest, we need to tick this on to prevent the quest from taking the second subquest before the first one.

Activate random subquest:
Pretty simple, instead of automaticly taking the first subquest, it randomly picks any of the subquests that the main quests contain.

Activate next subquest:

When you have multiple subquests but you have another quest pinned to this questline but outside the subquests then you will need to tick on this function on your last quest of the first subquest, otherwise it will skip all the other subquests and continue with the next quest in line.

On give up parent fails:

Mainly for subquests, if you trash the subquest, the main quest or also called the parent will automaticly fail and will be removed from your quest log

On succes parent succeeds:

Pretty important to put this on your last quest of your subquest chain.. If you don't let the parent automaticly succeed with the last subquest the quest could be bugging and not complete the quest.

Can give up:

when ticked on, you will enable the Trash button in the quest log for that specific quest, meaning that people are able to discard that quest.

Repeatable:

Tick on for quest being repeatable, tick off for not repeatable

Repeatable after failure:

Slightly diffirent from the previous one, the quest will not be doable 2ce a day when you don't have repeatable ticked on, but when you decide to trash the quest or when you have a timer on it and the timer times out which makes the quest fail, people will be able to re-grab the quest and give it another try.

Fail on death:

Simple, you get killed and the quest will fail.

On fail, parent fail:

When you put this on a subquest with a timer for example, you will fail the complete quest if the subquest fails to succeed.

I'm not very familiar with this tab because i never used it for anything that i've design'ed but i assume it triggers certain pop-ups ingame when you are making the quest and you move your character onto that location.
Basic I + II

Has instant teleport:

When ticking this on and filling in the map ID + coordinates it Will spawn you towards the location upon taking the quest.

Creature Builder ID:

Upon taking the quest it will tigger the creature builder in order to start certain mobs or NPC's onto the map you are going to.

Auto deliver: Can be used to auto complete a quest when all the requirements have been fullfilled.

Mark available icon:

Will Show the quest icon above the NPC.

Quest NPC and Reward NPC:

this requires the ID of the NPC to take and to deliver the quest.

Min. Level and max Level:

the Level requirement the players has to be in to be able to claim the quest.

Check reborn:

Tick on to make the quest available for reborn characters only, can be specified for which reborns will be able to do it with the Reborn Min and Reborn Max settings.

Parent quest:

This one and Previous quest, Next quest, subquest(first) all apply to quests that have 1 or more subquests in it.

In order to make the quest successfull, you need to add the ID of the Parent quest at the field Parent quest of all the subquests, this will show the subquest that it is part of that parent quest.

When starting the subquest, you will need to put the ID of the first subquest on subquest(first) of the parent quest, this will tell the Parent quest, that the ID of the subquest(first) is the first quest to start with.

Between subquests, you need to add the previous and the Next subquest ID's

A small example:

So i have made a simple quest, with 4 subquests... The quest starts from ID 1 and ends at ID 5..

This is how the quests will look like:

Quest 1: ID 1

Quest 2: ID 2

Quest 3: iD 3

Quest 4: ID 4

Quest 5: ID 5

I hope this explains it quiet clear

Requirements

I will do this part Block per block as its pretty huge:

Adds an required item to the quest in order to take it without this item, the player will be unable to see and grab the quest.

Inside the required item area we have 5 fields:

• Item ID
  • Tick on = Regular bag, Tick off = Quest bag
  • # = amount of items needed
  • % the chance that it will consume the item
  • the expire time but this makes no sense tbh.

The field Required item needs an unknown 8 digit code to enable the function on the quest.. Now i can't say a specific code for that because i noticed that not every code works for every item that you require, most likely the code will include in which row the item is located in the elements.data..

For this i advice you to look at quests that use an item that is in the same row as the item you try to require.

Given items:

Works the same as the required item block but instead of taking the item, it will give you an item.. This also needs a unknown code field to be activated.

Instant pay coins:

Automaticly takes coin as payment for completing the quest.

Finished and unactivated quests:

Finished:

Here you put the ID of the Quests that should be completed in order to activate the current quest you are working on.

Unactivated:

Here you put the ID of the quests that are not allowed to be active in your quest log while trying to take this quest.

occupations:

When ticking on a class the quest will only restict to the quests that are ticked on, if none are ticked on, the quest will apply to all classes.

Cultivation:

The required cultivation you need to be able to take the quest.

Required to be married:

Ticking on to limit the quest to married couples only, ticked off will apply to single and married characters.

Required to Be GM:

Limiting the quest to GMs only = tick on, for every player including GM = tick off

Required team members:

Here you can add the min and max level of the team members, howmany members need to be in squad and what order they have to be in.

Upon adding or removing teammembers you need to modify Unknown 48

Succes and NPC type:

This controls if the quest should be completed automaticly or that the person need to go to the NPC in order to complete the quest.

NPC-type : 0 = Auto complete
NPC-type : 1 = Turn in at an NPC

Succes type 5 is autocomplete for Packs

Chases:

This controls the Mob/boss part of the quest

You can add:

1: Mob ID
2. Number of mobs to kill
3. Drop that is required from the mob ( put the Item ID there)
4. Amount of drops needed
5: ?
6. The % of which the mob can drop the required item

In order to make the chase be activated ingame, you need to add a code into the uknown chase field. check other quests for a code and try them out if the kills don't get tracked or the mob part is not visible, you most likely added a wrong code in there and you will need to find another one.

Get items:

Here you can add:

1: the ID of the item you get
2: if it has to spawn in the bag or quest bag ( tick off = bag tick on = quest bag)
3: the amount you get
4: the duration of the item (timed item)

Also for this you need to full in the Get items unknown field

Here you add the wait time in seconds for the quest, this will state the period of wait time, please Look at the Roll Call quest for information about this timer.

Public quest

I am not familiar with this tab, the only thing i know is that events like Tiger event (every monday) are using this tab.
Rewards

Most of the fields are logic so i will not explain them

The following one's i will explain:

Teleport map ID, x, altitude and Z will port you towards the Map and the coordinates that you have put up there.

Creature building will activate the added creature number on the map where you have completed the quest so mind that when you want to teleport to a map and automaticly activate a creature builder in that map, its not possible by this 1 quest since when you complete the quest to teleport to that map, it will trigger the creature builder from the map where you were on and not from the map where you are going to, use a seperated quest to activate the creature builder :D

Event gold

Gives event boutique value, put values in silver

Hope this helps everyone and people who are new to PW Questlines.

On behold for mistakes...

If Anyone needs another tutorial they can pm me i make them when i have time

Last edited:

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Post updated with:

Soulia said:
Unknow09 and 08 are the match number of the activation / days like...

Like you put repeat yes -> Unknow08 = 1 thats say, the quest can be repeatable 1x per day, or

you put repeat yes -> Unknow08 = 30 and Unknow09 = 235 thats say, the quest can be repeat 235 times for 30 day, and after 30 days the quest been reset...

I don't know if you understand, but you can understund with 2 quest
ID 30590 (1x per day reset after 1 next day)
ID 24934 (50x repeatble but not reset)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Can you set a guide on adding the quest to an npc. A very basic/quick one

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
They are linked like this

Exmple:
Npc - Illusion Stone - seledit.
Row 17 id_task_out_service - 13192 - search it.

Lets pick task id 7644 for example.

search 7644 in staskedit
So now you know how they link up.

Just create your own id_task_out_service - add your quest ids to it - add your new id_task_out_service id to your npc...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you very much for explaining it with picutres

But what is the task_in service for?

In the Emperor name
Loyal Member
Reaction score
what a great first post, you are my hero!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
For some reason, When I take the quest from the NPC I made, It says Invalide Mission

1-I did put the data files on Both client and server Side
2-I did put the quest Id in the task Out
3-I did put the NPC Id in the quest NPC

Night Gaming Network
Reaction score
can you help me, what is unknown 59 do ,every quest has its own so it must be changed to make a new quest

Reaction score
Anyone can tell if possible quest what vfinish all cultivation quests or enable chrono world (oht)?
Same like how it was asked donation item culti thread but in v75 tasks.
Or anyone know how to make quest for leveling production skills?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
How to make SubQuest?

Same way you make a normal quest, difference is, make it so that it has to be done as part of the parent quest.

Anyone can tell if possible quest what vfinish all cultivation quests or enable chrono world (oht)?
Same like how it was asked donation item culti thread but in v75 tasks.
Or anyone know how to make quest for leveling production skills?

You can remove cultivation quests and just leave the one you need. You can just edit the quest to suit your needs.

In regards to the production skill quests, take a look at id's: 27232, 27244, 27252, 27260. :cool: look for the task id in elements.data then copy or modify them in tasks.data (new id's of course).

A lot of what people want to do is already there or setup its just a matter of copy, tweak, implement!

Reaction score
Same way you make a normal quest, difference is, make it so that it has to be done as part of the parent quest.

You can remove cultivation quests and just leave the one you need. You can just edit the quest to suit your needs.

In regards to the production skill quests, take a look at id's: 27232, 27244, 27252, 27260. :cool: look for the task id in elements.data then copy or modify them in tasks.data (new id's of course).

A lot of what people want to do is already there or setup its just a matter of copy, tweak, implement!

Well in v75-78 have quest id till 21k, maybe in 1.4.8 or what task got it?
That compatible with 1.4.2 v27?

About culti, if I remove quests then can make in normal mode, I wanted make it work normal way or optional instantly with item,l.
I tryed insert in culti quest chain a quest what auto finish and success parent option but not worked, tryed make it npc task complete reward where id is the culti quest but fail also.
(Chrono culti same )
I guess at required task can't make "or" option just"and" :/

Reaction score

i know these..... but its don'w work with v27 server...
its give item but no exp...
exampsle it give:
Enchanted Linen Cloth item (id: 27479) and row 130 (131 - unknow) in sEledit
BUT this row not exist in v27 elements data since last category in v27 is 128 (129 - Face_Hair_Texture )

...........thats the problem......... i guess these items missing and these responsable for add exp for production skills

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice Guide. With the knew sTASKedit we can do many things =D

Back