Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Perfect World Emulator

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Perfect World Comunnity,

I'm going to get some informations about perfect World and it struckture itselfs. So in future I plan to build a pw emu(c++), but that's future stuff. So far I have never develloped an emulator for an mmorpg before.

It would be that helpfull, if someone could give me a short list of things that have to be done and if you have more time a struckture sketch.

I'm pritty new to all that and I'm just hoping to get better skills by doing that stuff, so it would be verry awsome if someone can help me.

Thanks allot, I'll hope you can gve me some infos.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Go work for this project:

And good luck lol !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
That's not a project I want to devellop for.
Btw. thats the 6th result of google with the search words(Perfect World emulator).

No, what I hope is, that there is someone who yould just give me a sketch on what to to to devellop an emu and where to start.

So Romulan, i'ts more the princip of an emu what I'm looking for, but thx so far

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yet annother "coder" wanting to make a emulator for perfect world...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you're not already very experienced with C++ programming and developing and tons of other stuff, i don't suggest "starting" with perfect world...

but good luck anyways lol

Reaction score
I think it would be rather difficult to make an emulator for Perfect World. It would benefit us here if you used your skills to make editors and modifications instead.

If you want to make an emulator though go ahead and try. I would like to see one of these completed with extensive modding capabilities so the way the game plays can be customised more.

Good luck

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sry, if I couldn't explane what I wanted to do, but so far I just want to expand my devellopment skills and don't want to force my self to be part of an devellpment team, because so far I have no idea of how to start.

I know emu devellopment is not that easy, but I want to get in touch with it.
So it would be verry nice to give me just a short picture of how to start a project like that and what I have to think about further.

Nerd-IO
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You want to make this project alone?

An emulator is a team project, not one man can do this and certainly not with the game PW.

I suggest you to integrate an existing team instead to do it alone.

It would be more efficient.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You want to make this project alone?

An emulator is a team project, not one man can do this and certainly not with the game PW.

I suggest you to integrate an existing team instead to do it alone.

It would be more efficient.

yeah, thats all true, but my problem is, to get started.
you know, I have no idea of what aspects i have to make clear to do such a "project".

What do I have to know about the client?
How to analyse the client and its struckture?
What parts are a must-have and wich are kind of useless?

you see Romulan, that is my problem. I don't know were to begin.

Robb
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if you are interested in using c++ skills for perfect world i would suggest making an addon for the system.

for example, Tekk made a c++ marriage fixing module that connected to the perfect world serverpack and forced marriages to stick.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
if you are interested in using c++ skills for perfect world i would suggest making an addon for the system.

for example, Tekk made a c++ marriage fixing module that connected to the perfect world serverpack and forced marriages to stick.

Pritty good idea, but I think I'll have the same problem.
How to do such a thing? What do I have to make clear bofore i can code it?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yeah, thats all true, but my problem is, to get started.
you know, I have no idea of what aspects i have to make clear to do such a "project".

What do I have to know about the client?
How to analyse the client and its struckture?
What parts are a must-have and wich are kind of useless?

you see Romulan, that is my problem. I don't know were to begin.

What you have to know about the client? I would say everything. to be honest, knowing more is better than knowing less. and to be really honest, I would start on a team not alone. I understand you're wanting to get to your own agenda with learning (and as I can see from your recent posts on this thread, you're having trouble getting started. a team would help.) really quick but I don't think it can keep up with your agenda like that. Start from the bottom and work your way up. I've been playing this game since.... 3-4 years ago or longer? Both official servers and private servers... and well, you can see when I joined ragezone. and I'm still learning. a lot.
good luck, again.

Back