Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What version of PW you prefer?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm curios about that...
What version of PW you prefer? 131, 136, 146, 151?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.3.6 made Perfect World have such an awesome community of players and developers, about 144+ it only destroyed both of the communities.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I see that I am not a weirdo :)
One reason of my question was whether it was just about my preference for the 1.3.6.
From my point of view, one of the biggest failures of the newer versions has been the auto route, which literally kills the thrill of exploration and discovery.

Reaction score
No you're right on the money, I've said it a hundred times too - MY personal FAVORITE version is 136 (more specifically, from my release, it's actually a 131 server / 136 client)

A little note on that, seeing as you may not know: we've had 136 for a long time, actually - it's pretty much what we STARTED with. However, dating back to even the "original" 136 releases, were NOT true 136 files. You see, even those releases, the CLIENT used was 1.3.6 but the server was actually 1.2.6. This is why the client and server side files actually needed to be different (IE make/edit elements.data for client then "CONVERT" to server). I guess back then the original developers didn't quite care so much about making sure the server and client side matched. Because for us, it was possible to connect to the 1.2.6 server with up to the 1.3.6 client.

Now, a little bit more up to date, the actual 1.3.1 server files were 'leaked' (yea even after 1.4.x etc) - SO - I "silently" updated my release to reflect that, because of course 1.3.1 is higher than 1.2.6. After testing I did deduce that 1.3.1 server DID still work for connecting to by a 1.3.6 client. So, my release I also decided to include an ACTUAL 1.3.1 client, so that people could have a matching SERVER => CLIENT version if they so desired! So, my release is actually as follows (on the technical side):

Server => Client
131 => 131
131 => 136
146 => 146
151 => 151

as where my very first / original release was just
126 => 136
146 => 146

But yea, this isn't really much of a discussion - v136 WINS the "version competition" HANDS DOWN !!!!!!!!!!

Sure certain individuals "opinion" may vary, and that's everyone's right, but, hands down, 136 wins the V competition!!!!!!!!!!

(now as a mod) just because I'm trying to keep the 'root' pw section (/f452) clean, I am going to move this to the 136- section :wink:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have worked with both and played pwi since before it was pwi. I have to say they are right 136 but I think the new ones have mods that if properly changed to not be geared toward ...well greed would make the version better than 136. I have to agree about how 136 made such an awesome community .. I miss the territory wars with nef and legendary doing tt when it was actually hard to do and nirvana runs when you had to actually know what timing a spark was lol.. . I am aiming to edit 151 back towards that though.

Reaction score
Nerdvana :lol:, lets take it a step farther back since nerdvana is only a RAPED version of the blasphemy map (yea official PW devs got lazy as duck!).

:wink:

I could see what the dev's were saying now:

Like OMGZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111oneoneone

People aren't gonna wanna run all throughout the Hall of Blasphemy =\

I gotz and idea, lets rape the map, just make it loads smaller, take all the hallways out, and make it so the lazy butt players can just teleport around inside that map

Because, that's EXACTLY what they did. NERDVANA is a SAD butt raped Hall of Blasphemy (with no hallways)...

Snowmane76 - What version of PW you prefer? - RaGEZONE Forums

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Nerdvana :lol:, lets take it a step farther back since nerdvana is only a RAPED version of the blasphemy map (yea official PW devs got lazy as duck!).

:wink:

I could see what the dev's were saying now:

Because, that's EXACTLY what they did. NERDVANA is a SAD butt raped Hall of Blasphemy (with no hallways)...

Snowmane76 - What version of PW you prefer? - RaGEZONE Forums

Ahahahahaha i didnt notice that untill now xD

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Haha yeah theres a lot of stuff like that in pwi.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I'd prefer my version... Every major update had the good and the bad things. Thankfully you can remove most if not all the things you don't like and keep the good ones only. Therefore New Horizons would eventually win for a private server developer.
But when it comes stock Perfect World, the most "perfect" one for me would be PWI 1.4.1 Age of Spirits, version with genies and new skills, but before the Tideborns and hte pack boom. But I realize that no-one would play it other than a small handful of people, because it's already very outdated and simply boring. We'd rather want to try something new, than starting same thing over again.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1.2.6 server+client, small enough unnecessary waste, but broken animation npc, mobs, applies and to 1.3.1...

Back