Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Server up and running, how to make it public?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey all,

I did my best to find any information on the forums regarding this. I have configured my router and all that but I'm having trouble finishing it off.

I invited a friend over to my server by sending him 'my' client. I also created an account for him via pwadmin. Obviously I want people to be able to register and download it themselves on a website.

How would I go about this? do I need to 'hire' a domain in order to make the server public? why do all tutorials cover the setup and customization but not the final part: making it public and accessable to other people on the internet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:thumbup1:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hey all,
I did my best to find any information on the forums regarding this. I have configured my router and all that but I'm having trouble finishing it off.

I invited a friend over to my server by sending him 'my' client. I also created an account for him via pwadmin. Obviously I want people to be able to register and download it themselves on a website.

How would I go about this? do I need to 'hire' a domain in order to make the server public? why do all tutorials cover the setup and customization but not the final part: making it public and accessable to other people on the internet?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:thumbup1:
*Wallbang* Make sure that you are giving him your public IP to put in the serverlist.txt file.
you can find that by googling "What's My IP" or going to

Then have him update the ip. then try

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
*Wallbang* Make sure that you are giving him your public IP to put in the serverlist.txt file.
you can find that by googling "What's My IP" or going to

Then have him update the ip. then try

*wallbang* That is not what I mean! :p

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well then I apologize for the kinda snippy reply lol long day at school and skimmed the post :p
You mean how would you setup a website?
You can host it yourself (not recommended if you are hoping for the public)
in specific you need to open port 80. Look into apache2 documentation.
OR
You would buy a host (recommended for public)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well then I apologize for the kinda snippy reply lol long day at school and skimmed the post :p
You mean how would you setup a website?
You can host it yourself (not recommended if you are hoping for the public)
in specific you need to open port 80. Look into apache2 documentation.
OR
You would buy a host (recommended for public)
Thanks, that is an answer which is of much use to me.
Now the very last thing that I don't get is how to have people register their accounts since my localip page shows offline and wont let me register any accounts...

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I cant find my pwadminconf anywhere...

Nvm found it, but settings seem to be right. Are the ip's in iweb.conf, table.xml and config.php supposed to be 127.0.0.1?

and lan IP 127.0.0.1 too?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back