Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Client limit

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello. Me and my friend are trying to create a private server just to see how it goes, then we maybe set it online some day, but we wanted to know how we can limit the number of clients that can be opened on the same computer.
I saw it on a server, but also heard that some people can bypass it some way, so how can I get this and how people bypass it? By deleting some file?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello. Me and my friend are trying to create a private server just to see how it goes, then we maybe set it online some day, but we wanted to know how we can limit the number of clients that can be opened on the same computer.
I saw it on a server, but also heard that some people can bypass it some way, so how can I get this and how people bypass it? By deleting some file?

Without the source code it's impossible to limit the clients opened on 1 PC, even if you inject some code into client.exe, anyone can bypass easily by using a clean client.exe. The only way would be by having the source code, and re-make the client-server connection, this way you can easily limit the process run on a single PC or even further limit the IP&MAC addresses that can connect simultaniously on the server.

An easier way would be to limit the created accounts on your server, which means you will need a register system with a mobile phone ( since not a lot of people have tens of mobile phone numbers ), another way would be using SSO Facebook api as facebook seems to want unique users, and it became harder now to create a fake facebook due to the email/phone/real name limits.

Bottom line, there are always ways to limit a user, but experienced PC users will usually find ways to bypass that.

Upvote 0
Back