Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUT] How to setup a OGame server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hello, this is a tutorial on how to create your own OGame server.

Requirements
1 - Your own server or a web hosting plan this may include a domain but if not then you may need to ask your supplier to tell you how their domain system works and for pricing details, in some cases you'll get free plans and a sub-domain. you'll need this to host your game. This tutorial will be using cPanel, so for a web hosting package this is required.

2 - A certain level of skill is required, this is optional though, if you do have any issues post a reply here or post a separate thread.

Tutorial

1) Okay, let's get started. For the first step you will need to create a database to store your information.

Click the icon here, you should find this after logging into cPanel:

Dynaxo - [TUT] How to setup a OGame server - RaGEZONE Forums

Then you will need to enter your database name, for example "ogame":

After doing this you will need to create a user account you will find this here, enter a username and a password, and click enter you should then have a user account:

Just below this you will find an add user to database option, after doing this you will have your own database configured.

2) Here you will need to setup the server files, first download the files here - then you will be required to upload it to your file manager. Found here:

Then you will need to upload the .zip file you have just downloaded, you will see a upload icon on the top bar, you will then have to select the file to upload after doing so and the upload completed click the go back option, you will then see a file on the file manager called xChrome.zip, you will need to right click on it and select the extract option:

You will then have a folder called "xChrome", then go to your site, it should be yourdomain.com/xChrome/install you will have a page asking you to enter some information. Leave the pre-entered information alone, you will only have to enter your database information which you entered previously, then click enter and it should work!

Congratulations!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
registration don't work!
if i click registartion i just see empty space thats is in all 2moons versions :(

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
It should work, I suggest going right through every step. You've must have missed something or haven't set it up correctly.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
And... how can I install more than one universe? I think you might make an folder only for an universe and at the index config page to be just sql settings and the paths and names of the universes.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I will take a look for you, I will test it as soon as my site is back up. And you are using the 2Moons server files I have given above aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back