Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Make your Xnova fully ingame To the language you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi,
did you have to same problem, you change the default language in common.php, but ingame you still see the frence, well here is a guide how to make your Xnova fully multi languaged. I'll explain with english.
first download the languagepack here

Unzip the file and put it in the language folder.
Now open common.php wich is in your Xnova folder.
Scroll down and you'll see something like this.
PHP:
define('DEFAULT_SKINPATH' , 'skins/xnova/');
define('TEMPLATE_DIR'     , 'templates/');
define('TEMPLATE_NAME'    , 'OpenGame');
define('DEFAULT_LANG'     , 'fr');
Change the fr in en, like this
PHP:
define('DEFAULT_SKINPATH' , 'skins/xnova/');
define('TEMPLATE_DIR'     , 'templates/');
define('TEMPLATE_NAME'    , 'OpenGame');
define('DEFAULT_LANG'     , 'en');
Well now you changed the default language but when people create an account, their language will be set as default fr because it is written in the install files like that.
You can edit this before you install your files and then you simply open the file databaseinfos.php locate in Xnova/includes
search for fr and you'll find something like this
PHP:
$QryTableUsers      .= "`lang` varchar(8) character set latin1 NOT NULL default 'fr', ";
again change the fr in en like this
PHP:
$QryTableUsers      .= "`lang` varchar(8) character set latin1 NOT NULL default 'en', ";
If your server is already installed, you will have to open phpmyadmin, go to the user table and edit the default in the collum lang from fr to en.
Greetz Aropop
If you like this press thank you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Aropop, gratz for this.. I posted basic instructions for this on the xnovadev forums a little while ago.

However, it needs also to be pointed out that, whilst u can change the settings to automatically pick up a different language pack, not all of the script is outputted from the .mo files.

The install text isn't included.
The text from the db installation isn't included.
Some of the text from the public stuff isn't included.

I will maybe produce a pack sometime in which 100% of all text output comes from .mo files, but I'm short on time right now.

However, take a look at the RocketNova 1.0rc7 script... they nearly have it cracked :)

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Aropop, gratz for this.. I posted basic instructions for this on the xnovadev forums a little while ago.

However, it needs also to be pointed out that, whilst u can change the settings to automatically pick up a different language pack, not all of the script is outputted from the .mo files.

The install text isn't included.
The text from the db installation isn't included.
Some of the text from the public stuff isn't included.

I will maybe produce a pack sometime in which 100% of all text output comes from .mo files, but I'm short on time right now.

However, take a look at the RocketNova 1.0rc7 script... they nearly have it cracked :)
This is just a little release, No big stuff :p, i'm just working at some files wich i made (most of it just some skin changes like 1440x1120 full screen) but i was bored so i put this on the forum :p
Greetz Aropop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back