Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

First Attempt(Responsive web design)WIP

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, I want to show my progress on this site I'm doing for my brother. My main focus is a responsively designed website. It's not so much for the looks, but how it works on mobile and tablet devices. Note that there's no footers yet...really.

A live version of the site will be posted here so you guys can tell me what you think. I would also appreciate if you viewed the site on your mobile devices(If you have any), or you could just resize your browser. :):

Desktop
Wafuz - First Attempt(Responsive web design)WIP - RaGEZONE Forums

Tablet

iPhone/android mobile.

Last edited:
Success and nothing less
Reaction score
I like it a lot. It's pretty. I think you've grasped the idea of web 2.0 design patterns here. Your design is very code friendly, very user friendly at the same time very appealing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not bad I'm also working a new design that's going to be functional over Multiple devices. One thing I would do a little differently would be change the size of the navi buttons in case a client would need to add in more navigation buttons, for instance a contact navigation link, You could make them a bit smaller and have them continue off like:

[Home] [Blog] [About] [Work]
[Contact]

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm coding the site and it should be done soon, I hope.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
You never cease to impress, Wafuz. I think the colors are excellent, and if I went to this particular site, I would most definitely join it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive feedback, guys!

I just edited the first post with the site in its live state. I had to do a lot of modifications to the design, since a few of the original designs from the picks gave me hell. Like the slider for example was acting up if I were to put it in that small little box on the left, so I just gave it more room on the top.

If you have mobile devices, please test it on them. It would really help me improve my skill(Already tested it on my nexus 10 tablet, and its working fine so far!).

By the way, the footer is still in alpha state, since re-sizing it smaller will cause the links to act up.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think its very good, only downside is the colouring for the Android/iPhone

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks.

I need to work on the footer soon. Also, looks like there might be an issue with the alignment of the website in portrait mode with tablets.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Footer is working better on mobile now. Alignment should be ok. Looks like my first responsive design was a successful one!

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Maybe. If I can sell it for a good price, then yes.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Looks fine on a mobile (and standard version of course). The only things I'll comment on is capitalization, and the alignment/padding of your footer links.

DRilb6f - First Attempt(Responsive web design)WIP - RaGEZONE Forums

The screenshot above covers both aspects I mentioned, but capitalization wise a lot (if not most) of the site needs fixing. (I'm sure you'll get around to that though)

But yeah, the footer alignment is my main concern, being on both the standard site and Android mobile. The whole link alignment is poor, but the 'home' that close to the edge of the footer shows my point quite clearly.

Nice design overall, but could be improved on the bottom half! (Below the responsive slides)

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This looks great love the design
Looking forward to see the finished site.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, it wasn't really intended to be completed. I plan on making a more complete version in the future.

Extreme Coder - Delphi
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Loved it !, btw sent you a message via your "contact" page on your website ;)

Back