Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CreeperHost design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Long time since I left, now I'm working again on GFX!
This is the most recent work, web design (still working on it) and logo design.
CreeperHost is a Minecraft hosting service, so it needs to be minecraft related and this is what I came up with.

Jhewt - CreeperHost design - RaGEZONE Forums

I'll be posting partial screenshots of the web as long I work on it.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Hes back YAY! awesome design do one for ragecraft! :p

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Haven't seen you in a while, Jhewt. Your works are still awesome. You did a great job with the design overall, text & all.

SK CREATIONS
Reaction score
some one needs to tell him Jhwet.com does not exist.

Reaction score
I love the design Jhewt, I haven't seen you before but I've heard of your GFX skills, it's a decent layout especially after you've had a break from GFX for a long time.

@KiddRiu there was no need to post that in this thread, if the website hadn't of worked you should of contacted him through PM. I'm in no position to say this really but I think if you don't have anything constructive to say about his GFX or share your opinions on it then don't post, simple as that.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I remember a majority of the works you have posted already and they're all just as great as this one.

SK CREATIONS
Reaction score
@KiddRiu there was no need to post that in this thread, if the website hadn't of worked you should of contacted him through PM. I'm in no position to say this really but I think if you don't have anything constructive to say about his GFX or share your opinions on it then don't post, simple as that.

Maybe your to small minded to grasp the concept of a joke? It is clearly a joke and the fact you found the need to post about it just shows that may be you should not be in this section. Also your comment is about as constructive as a demolition crew let me just get you a reward for not following your own advice :thumbup:.

Now as you want constructive comments fine,

Dear Jhwet,
The piece of work shown here lacks your normal skill and quality we have seen in the past. The text and the block logo do not really work together and the quality seems low. The letters HRT seem to not match the design aspect of the rest of the letters and seem to make no sence for the extended pointed ends on a game based on blocks. The bevel used on the letters also seems abit harsh.

With this said there are good points to the design also. I love the way you have used the creeper on a grass block to show it is minecraft with out just a standard creeper or grass block and I think it works really nice. I would how ever have not used the red glowing eyes and stuck to a black or dark green keeping the colours similar.

Overall,
Why I do love your work to me this is not the Jhwet I know and love and I feel many people have said they love it simply due to your reputation. I really think you would have been better to use a blocked lettering to also match the style of the center mascot/logo or simply given him a clean crisp graident instead of the blocks. This said I know you have only recently restarted gfx again so I hope to see you soon back to your old skill level and soon surpassing.

----
Ps, To the select few who are bound to have issues as I did not say blindly "I LOVE IT" I am sure jhwet him self knows that this is no where near the quality he use to produce. The comments I have given are true to my own opinion and I do not expect you to agree.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Maybe your to small minded to grasp the concept of a joke? It is clearly a joke and the fact you found the need to post about it just shows that may be you should not be in this section. Also your comment is about as constructive as a demolition crew let me just get you a reward for not following your own advice :thumbup:.

Now as you want constructive comments fine,

Dear Jhwet,
The piece of work shown here lacks your normal skill and quality we have seen in the past. The text and the block logo do not really work together and the quality seems low. The letters HRT seem to not match the design aspect of the rest of the letters and seem to make no sence for the extended pointed ends on a game based on blocks. The bevel used on the letters also seems abit harsh.

With this said there are good points to the design also. I love the way you have used the creeper on a grass block to show it is minecraft with out just a standard creeper or grass block and I think it works really nice. I would how ever have not used the red glowing eyes and stuck to a black or dark green keeping the colours similar.

Overall,
Why I do love your work to me this is not the Jhwet I know and love and I feel many people have said they love it simply due to your reputation. I really think you would have been better to use a blocked lettering to also match the style of the center mascot/logo or simply given him a clean crisp graident instead of the blocks. This said I know you have only recently restarted gfx again so I hope to see you soon back to your old skill level and soon surpassing.

----
Ps, To the select few who are bound to have issues as I did not say blindly "I LOVE IT" I am sure jhwet him self knows that this is no where near the quality he use to produce. The comments I have given are true to my own opinion and I do not expect you to agree.

His "quality" that he used to produce would not go with a minecraft logo.
His previous stuff has soft curves, minecraft does not know what a circle is.

So I have to disagree, as Jhewt has had a brief to follow, and followed it WITH his quality that he always has.
If he wasnt bount to squares and lines, he would have produced something that he always does, and that everyone loves.

Jhewt knows I would tell him if it was poopie, I have in the past.

SK CREATIONS
Reaction score
His "quality" that he used to produce would not go with a minecraft logo.
His previous stuff has soft curves, minecraft does not know what a circle is.

So I have to disagree, as Jhewt has had a brief to follow, and followed it WITH his quality that he always has.
If he wasnt bount to squares and lines, he would have produced something that he always does, and that everyone loves.

Jhewt knows I would tell him if it was poopie, I have in the past.

I think you maybe missed the point that this logo is not finished currently aka for the reason it is not yet at the normal quality level. Also the excuse that he is bound by straight lines and blocks would have worked if not for HRT with there curved and pointed ends.

Reaction score
KiddRiu, I didn't want to say this but I completely feel that you've something agaisnt me.

Of course I take your critism, but if you put yourself in my position and your read a post like yours you will feel it in the same way.
When I see your works and not only the ones you post right here on RaGEZONE, I understand your point of view at design (the overall meaning of your works) and I don't try to see what's wrong with it. I only try see what have you improved and I tell it to you, so you can have confidence in what you do. When I say "good job man, looks good specially the navbar" I'm saying the truth, I don't try to tell you what's wrong or what's missing because I'm not in the position of doing so and I believe no one is.

You may understand all this like I'm upset or angry about your post but I'm not. I've been dealing with this work a lot and it's because of my lack of time to do it, and this is the result of non-sleep hours.
The CreeperCube was an idea that came because whatever I look, i see the same design everywhere (based on Minecraft's logo).
I try to keep the original style somehow and that's the reason of the cube in the middle. And yes, it's kinda noisy because of the V-Ray renderer (3dsmax), in a hurry I can't render it at hi-res... takes time to render.

That's what I feel and don't get it in the wrong way, but I really feel this everytime you post in any thread I create.
Of course it's your opinion, but that isn't the way to post it.

And many thanks Becca, you're a great friend.

PD: If this keeps in the same way, close the thread please.
PD2: Excuse my terrible grammar, i'm foreign.
PD3: I forget to say that this work is paid, and i've lots of works to deal with including the new RZ's skin.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I think you maybe missed the point that this logo is not finished currently aka for the reason it is not yet at the normal quality level. Also the excuse that he is bound by straight lines and blocks would have worked if not for HRT with there curved and pointed ends.

I think you have missed the point that your arogance is a little too harsh and you need to stop finding everything that is bad about a design.
Constructive critism yes, bashing the poop of it no.

If any of this carries on, infractions will be give out, and the thread will be closed.

SK CREATIONS
Reaction score
First,
Read the full thread jhwet I only posted due to some body else being a turd before that I just made a joke and was not even going to comment on the work.

Second,
I am sorry Jhwet I can never be in your position as you will more likely find I am one of about 3 people in this whole community that will say something bad about your work. Where as when I post work I normally get bashed to bits. You can go and look back in the RZ skin thread just to prove that point clearly.

Third,
I ask you this Jhwet are my points valid or not and do the reasons behind each one make sense. I have said this many times that you are one of the few people I will take feedback and listen to properly. This is because I respect your skills and ability. But it is because of that reason that I will not pretend something is amazing when it is not.

Fourth,
I think people in this community some times fail to understand you post your work you will get feedback that is not always to your liking. You have to take the good with the bad and use it to progress. I have stated valid points and on possible fixes for most. I have given CnC rather than a silly "LOVE IT" "AMAZING" "10/10".

@ Chewbecca.
Your new to modding and yet the person who seems to be arrogant is you.
Next is CnC usually means Constructive Criticism or Comments and Criticism
This means pointing out the flaws in work to help the creator improve as I have done. If you do not even know this becca why are you a mod in the graphics section.
Next is saying I am bashing his work and finding every thing that is wrong with it.
THAT IS THE WHOLE DAMN POINT OF THIS SECTION.

Any way give me an infraction for given honest CnC in a graphics section I really could not care. It just means I got an infraction for being honest rather than a mindless fool giving spam replies that mean and explain nothing.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
First,
Read the full thread jhwet I only posted due to some body else being a turd before that I just made a joke and was not even going to comment on the work.

Second,
I am sorry Jhwet I can never be in your position as you will more likely find I am one of about 3 people in this whole community that will say something bad about your work. Where as when I post work I normally get bashed to bits. You can go and look back in the RZ skin thread just to prove that point clearly.

Third,
I ask you this Jhwet are my points valid or not and do the reasons behind each one make sense. I have said this many times that you are one of the few people I will take feedback and listen to properly. This is because I respect your skills and ability. But it is because of that reason that I will not pretend something is amazing when it is not.

Fourth,
I think people in this community some times fail to understand you post your work you will get feedback that is not always to your liking. You have to take the good with the bad and use it to progress. I have stated valid points and on possible fixes for most. I have given CnC rather than a silly "LOVE IT" "AMAZING" "10/10".

@ Chewbecca.
Your new to modding and yet the person who seems to be arrogant is you.
Next is CnC usually means Constructive Criticism or Comments and Criticism
This means pointing out the flaws in work to help the creator improve as I have done. If you do not even know this becca why are you a mod in the graphics section.
Next is saying I am bashing his work and finding every thing that is wrong with it.
THAT IS THE WHOLE DAMN POINT OF THIS SECTION.

Any way give me an infraction for given honest CnC in a graphics section I really could not care. It just means I got an infraction for being honest rather than a mindless fool giving spam replies that mean and explain nothing.

Im not actually new to modding. I have modded on other forums, and have been administrating on other games, so I do know what I am doing.

Secondly I have been in this section since around 2007, and I have been doing art/photography since 2005. I am used to critism, and I have even had my work torn up by people.... I know the difference between CONTRUCTIVE critism, and critism.

Locking. (sorry Jhewt, ill message you on msn :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back