Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

CSS Grids

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
It's not really a showcase. But I wanted to share it anyway.

I cant stress this enough, if you are still using floats and clears to create your page layouts, PLEASE MOVE TO CSS GRIDS.

Css grids have taken over the "hack" way of laying out your page with floats and tables. Its also becoming an industry standard. For anyone thats wanting work in the industry, I highly suggest you start using them.

If you are finding it difficult to understand, please private message me and I'll give my own explanation and demos on how they work via discord or skype

Reaction score
It's wise to use CSS Grids only if you have fallbacks, it's still not fully supported by all browsers, and that's without even going into the fact that many still make use of outdated browsers.

Don't forget that there are people who still use IE5 ROFL.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
It's wise to use CSS Grids only if you have fallbacks, it's still not fully supported by all browsers, and that's without even going into the fact that many still make use of outdated browsers.

Yeah I understand people still use IE for some reason. Its still a really good technology to start using, even tho not all browsers are supporting it. It won't take long for them to all support it at some stage in the near future.

I really don't understand why people still use older versions of IE when microsoft already released edge. If it were up to me I would force all old versions to upgrade. They are really falling behind

Reaction score

A common saying in my company, when the compatibility thing comes up is "Design for mobile first. If their browser doesn't support grid, they'll get the mobile layout. It's not the end of the world, and the website is still usable."

Edit: I was actually 20 minutes into the 2nd video, and he actually talks about this around 23:30. Crazy because he said basically the same thing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A common saying in my company, when the compatibility thing comes up is "Design for mobile first. If their browser doesn't support grid, they'll get the mobile layout. It's not the end of the world, and the website is still usable."

Edit: I was actually 20 minutes into the 2nd video, and he actually talks about this around 23:30. Crazy because he said basically the same thing.
That's the thing, if you have a mobile layout, that's a fallback, if you don't have any fallbacks - that would be disastrous if the browser do not support the grid you're using, plus there's a high chance it will distort most of the page, in some cases even break the functionality.

In short, a mobile layout puts you in the clear. :cool:

Reaction score
That's the thing, if you have a mobile layout, that's a fallback, if you don't have any fallbacks - that would be disastrous if the browser do not support the grid you're using, plus there's a high chance it will distort most of the page, in some cases even break the functionality.

In short, a mobile layout puts you in the clear. :cool:

Well mobile layout would use a type of CSS grid also, it'd just be simplified to a 1x2 or 1x3 grid. However I'm more making a point that you should not even consider whether or not the end-user has support for it. Support modern browsers, you'll just waste money supporting such a small minority. Looking at who doesn't support css-grids... lol
MUnoob - CSS Grids - RaGEZONE Forums

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
That's pretty terrible using IE5. All those vulnerabilities just like the folks that are still using Windows XP.

I think Win 10 and up forces people to upgrade?

Back