Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Magazine Theme (Unfinished)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm working on a magazine design, hoping to get it coded once I'm finished. I'm just looking for some feedback. Please ignore the navigation bar for now, I'm going to re-do it later. Also don't comment on the news articles, I'm asking on feedback on the actual theme.

Another thing, don't say it looks like Facebook (got a lot of that on another forum). The only thing that has any resemblence to Facebook is the navigation bar, and I already said I'm re-doing it.

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
I like it, it's nice and simple. I think it's got a touch of a Windows 8 Sort of prospect to it, although that may just be me.

Perhaps you could have a nice sidebar with different types of categories as well as the big sections for them, but even still it's a great design.

Great job,

Matt Clarke

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I like it, it's nice and simple. I think it's got a touch of a Windows 8 Sort of prospect to it, although that may just be me.

Perhaps you could have a nice sidebar with different types of categories as well as the big sections for them, but even still it's a great design.

Great job,

Matt Clarke

Thanks for the feedback! It is, like Windows 8, a very flat design. I must admit that I got some inspiration from it. And I really like the sidebar idea, I'll try to compose something out of it!

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback! It is, like Windows 8, a very flat design. I must admit that I got some inspiration from it. And I really like the sidebar idea, I'll try to compose something out of it!

No problem. I think giving users a lot more choice in what they want to click (But don't over do it) it essential in making them continue to browse through the website.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Looks nice and simple as Matt said. I laughed at some of the news titles (You most likely know which one I'm referring to) :p:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
no doubt the colours, fonts and everything looks like Facebook a lot ==
I'm sorry but that was my first impression gawt..

The thing is that in the end I'm adding a color picker so the color of the navigation and everything else that is blue can be customized for the visitor.

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
everyone else might still assume this as a copied version of Facebook, change the design or something

Nothing looks like Facebook here apart from the top-bar. At the end of the day there are so many designs out there, a website is going to look similar to some other sort of website. It is allowed to take inspiration from other popular designs and integrate it in your own.

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
well then, u have your point sticked in ur head

My point still stands:

Facebook:

Magazine Design:

Resemblance: The top-bar. Please; share with me why you think it looks like Facebook?

OP: You could you use perhaps it could help with some nice little snippets on the design:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My point still stands:

Facebook:

Magazine Design:

Resemblance: The top-bar. Please; share with me why you think it looks like Facebook?

OP: You could you use perhaps it could help with some nice little snippets on the design:

Thanks, I'm sure it will be handy!

Reaction score
no doubt the colours, fonts and everything looks like Facebook a lot ==
I'm sorry but that was my first impression gawt..

everyone else might still assume this as a copied version of Facebook, change the design or something

well then, u have your point sticked in ur head

You know something, you are a massive penis. I have noticed it for a while now, but i have held my self back from saying anything. You never have anything nice to say about anything, your extremely arrogant and self absorbed, and to top it all of, you are rude and bad mannered. Gtfo.

Design looks great by the way mate, i love the simplistic look, facebook is not the only site to have a blue navigational bar. :)

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
You know something, you are a massive penis. I have noticed it for a while now, but i have held my self back from saying anything. You never have anything nice to say about anything, your extremely arrogant and self absorbed, and to top it all of, you are rude and bad mannered. Gtfo.

Design looks great by the way mate, i love the simplistic look, facebook is not the only site to have a blue navigational bar. :)

You're a mind reader. These sorts of people just need to disappear of the face of the earth.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks Grenadier, both for the feedback and for dealing with him!

Didn't get too much work done this weekend, I ended up being more social than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back