Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Maplestory Website Design

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Ok, thank you for the info.

Reaction score
this is better than most redesigned poop out there, but it sorta looks like the old bankaistory layout. i'm not saying it is, but did that site like give you inspiration, or did you just do it like this?

not saying you took it into mind and made this because this looks cool but you know, just wondering,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
this is better than most redesigned poop out there, but it sorta looks like the old bankaistory layout. i'm not saying it is, but did that site like give you inspiration, or did you just do it like this?

not saying you took it into mind and made this because this looks cool but you know, just wondering,

Thanks. And I'm not much into all these MapleStory servers, so I don't really know what server that is. I just made it out of my own imagination. Can you send a link to a picture from their old site? Would love to see it!

Reaction score
Thanks. And I'm not much into all these MapleStory servers, so I don't really know what server that is. I just made it out of my own imagination. Can you send a link to a picture from their old site? Would love to see it!

If you'd like this coded, and then sold for a split of the money, let me know.
The design is refreshing after the slew of mediocre designs released previously in the Maplestory section.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you'd like this coded, and then sold for a split of the money, let me know.
The design is refreshing after the slew of mediocre designs released previously in the Maplestory section.

Sounds great. PMed you!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
definitely looks pretty good. it has the theme of cute.

but you're missing one important piece.
Where's the Logo?
I didn't think the logo was an important part, since you know what website you went into and on many places the name of the server is written there. But could make one with a logo and see what it looks like! :)

Too grayish in my opinion
and the noise patter isn't fitting to my eyes ;$

overall it's pretty good
It's all about taste I guess! But thanks anyway :)

Reaction score
Tell me, how are you going to code this, the "icons" on the buttons are practically overlapping. You can't do that in html... I mean you can but it would be really inconvenient, especially for a listed menu :

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tell me, how are you going to code this, the "icons" on the buttons are practically overlapping. You can't do that in html... I mean you can but it would be really inconvenient, especially for a listed menu :

As I said, I'm not a coder but a designer. And I am pretty sure it can be done. :)

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score

<button>
<span class="iconname"></div>
Button Text
</button>

spa.iconname
{
float:left;
height:16px;
width:16px;
background: url('url/of/icon.jpg');
}

Why wouldn't that work?

Well I am a coder and a designer. It can be done, just not the regular and valid way.

nope.

Reaction score
<button>
Button Text
</button>

spa.iconname
{
float:left;
height:16px;
width:16px;
background: url('url/of/icon.jpg');
}

Why wouldn't that work?

nope.

If you did notice he has different icon sizes. One is biger then the other, so setting a fixed height and width wouldn't be exactly like in the PSD. Yet he also included a fixed gap between the buttons. He also made it like some icons overlap the button above. Tell me how is your solution going to help that without ruining the original PSD look?

Code:
<button>
Button Text
</button>

That is pretty much useless and a lot of work. Button elements aren't really made for image based websites. In fact I think it's totally obsolete, I always use anchors and style them accordingly. Why not just <a class="package"></a> which can be styled any ways possible, and you can also add a dynamic hover effect to it too? That way he can set any height, include his icons too, and just position it with negative margin where required.

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you did notice he has different icon sizes. One is biger then the other, so setting a fixed height and width wouldn't be exactly like in the PSD. Yet he also included a fixed gap between the buttons. He also made it like some icons overlap the button above. Tell me how is your solution going to help that without ruining the original PSD look?

Code:
<button>
Button Text
</button>

That is pretty much useless and a lot of work. Button elements aren't really made for image based websites. In fact I think it's totally obsolete, I always use anchors and style them accordingly. Why not just <a class="package"></a> which can be styled any ways possible, and you can also add a dynamic hover effect to it too? That way he can set any height, include his icons too, and just position it with negative margin where required.

First of all.
The button thing was just an example to use <span> which is commonly used for icons.

Second of all; I haven't seen the psd.

Back