Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MyAnimeList - List Design

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Hi guys! I've made a design for my AnimeList page of myanimelist. I decided to do this after seeing some amazing pages on the website. Could you guys please give a feedback it, also feel free to post yours! Please do not post ratings or 'nice' on this topic because this will not help me improve my design.
I mainly visit the website with my 1080p tablet so that's what it's designed for.

Live:

Screenshot on my Tablet:

Screenshot taken on my desktop computer:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that you haven't put much effort into this. This is basically 5-10 minutes work, and a proper design should take a lot longer than that.

The layout of the tables are extremely boring. Although you've understood the part where all the elements should come together and look like one design, meaning you've followed through your whole design with the same idea in mind. However, for me, you've not given this enough effort, and although I do like simple elements, this lacks to many details.

First of all, these are tables. Make them look like tables and organize them properly. Also, I don't like the grey color you've used at all.

The flow is good, but you've got to work on the design part. It's to simple, and kinda boring as it is right now.

Reaction score
Compared to the original MyAnimeList tables provided for new users this looks really good, I was wondering how it was done when I saw others but never really got a chance to find out or experiment with it myself, do you think you would be able to make a tutorial or a little explanation? I would really love to be able to use this design if you wouldn't mind. Not sure if there are any places which offer free designs for this.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Compared to the original MyAnimeList tables provided for new users this looks really good, I was wondering how it was done when I saw others but never really got a chance to find out or experiment with it myself, do you think you would be able to make a tutorial or a little explanation? I would really love to be able to use this design if you wouldn't mind. Not sure if there are any places which offer free designs for this.

MAL allows you to go in advanced mode for styles, this is just basically a text-box where you can enter your own CSS-Style (Cascading Style Sheets). I inspected the elements with Google chrome so I could find them and then I just did everything step by step with trail-and-error but in the end it came out nicely, I recently added some random background so they change every time someone visits my list.

Back