Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Opinions wanted

r63

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Heya, I've started designing a portfolio, it isn't finished yet but I've created the style and index page, I just want to know what you all think about the style so far so I can improve and edit parts before creating more pages.

:junglejane:

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
To be honest, I think it's kind of bland. No offence!

You should wrap all of your content in a site wrapper div. Or if you're going with a liquid layout, I would suggest letting the content auto size to to the page instead of having for example, the "Design" and "Develop" divs absolutely positioned....well... I think they're absolutely positioned. I know you're not done with it, but the nav bar is awful. It's simple, but boring. So you need to work on that as well.

My last gripe is the fade in effect from jQuery(I think it's jQuery). Is it really needed? If so, why not speed it up? it takes a quite a long time to fade in. And maybe instead of fading in the the WHOLE site, why not just have some of the sections fading in! Like the design, and develop sections.

That's all for now. Hope it helps. ^^

r63

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
To be honest, I think it's kind of bland. No offence!

You should wrap all of your content in a site wrapper div. Or if you're going with a liquid layout, I would suggest letting the content auto size to to the page instead of having for example, the "Design" and "Develop" divs absolutely positioned....well... I think they're absolutely positioned. I know you're not done with it, but the nav bar is awful. It's simple, but boring. So you need to work on that as well.

My last gripe is the fade in effect from jQuery(I think it's jQuery). Is it really needed? If so, why not speed it up? it takes a quite a long time to fade in. And maybe instead of fading in the the WHOLE site, why not just have some of the sections fading in! Like the design, and develop sections.

That's all for now. Hope it helps. ^^
Thank you for replying, I understand your point ( "second gripe" ), however I noticed using JavaScript to fade the background in like this emphasises the background more and it only takes two seconds to load.

The index page doesn't use the space very well and I could work on showing the client instead of telling them which would involvve using visual represntation which could be effective.

I will add everything tomorrow.

Not bad considering I used an Adobe software for the animation ;)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I see. So you're using adobe edge to build this site?

r63

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
I see. So you're using adobe edge to build this site?
I'm using Adobe Edge to animate the site as I am more of a developer then designer I felt this would be an easier option. I do more graphic design than web design so Edge makes things easier.

Back