New Simple Website Design

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2008 Join Date
    1,831Posts

New Simple Website Design

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hey guys I just recently started this website and wanted to know what everyone thought of the website design.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru Basketball - Kill The Game
    100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000 1100 1200 1300 1400 1500
    1600 1700 1800

True MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    417Posts

Re: New Simple Website Design

The design is quite nice. There are a few things I might point out tho.

First of all, text that goes on sliders shouldn't be done in photoshop. They should be done in the html. Not only is this good for SEO but your text is really low quality on the image (blury / pixelated)

You're also missing a favicon!

The three large hoodies at the bottom, shouldn't have text going over them, its hard to read. You should make it black and put it on top or at the bottom of them.

Also not sure if you noticed but these elements don't line up. Not really a big deal tho

If this is a serious business, I would just remove the memes sections. It's not professional at all. Save that stuff for your social media pages.

I know you want critique on the website, but did you use mockups for the clothes? It looks like you just downloaded a hoodie image and placed text over it. Using mockups makes it look a lot more realistic

Nothing is free! Stop trying to recruit developers without paying them

Alpha MaleRank
    May 2008 Join Date
    1,831Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MUnoob View Post
    The design is quite nice. There are a few things I might point out tho.

First of all, text that goes on sliders shouldn't be done in photoshop. They should be done in the html. Not only is this good for SEO but your text is really low quality on the image (blury / pixelated)

You're also missing a favicon!

The three large hoodies at the bottom, shouldn't have text going over them, its hard to read. You should make it black and put it on top or at the bottom of them.

Also not sure if you noticed but these elements don't line up. Not really a big deal tho

If this is a serious business, I would just remove the memes sections. It's not professional at all. Save that stuff for your social media pages.

I know you want critique on the website, but did you use mockups for the clothes? It looks like you just downloaded a hoodie image and placed text over it. Using mockups makes it look a lot more realistic
    I appreciate the constructive criticism

Guru Basketball - Kill The Game
    100 200 300 400 500 600 700 800 900 1000 1100 1200 1300 1400 1500
    1600 1700 1800

MemberRank
    Aug 2017 Join Date
    1Posts

Your screen is really small for a demo.
    please send a live demo for a good review

True MemberRank
    Apr 2011 Join Date
    417Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yakovd33 View Post
    Your screen is really small for a demo.
    please send a live demo for a good review
    You can see the url in the photo

Guru Basketball Clothing and Apparel

Nothing is free! Stop trying to recruit developers without paying them

ModeratorRank
    Jan 2009 Join Date
    LocalhostLocation
    545Posts

The design itself is quite basic, which is not a bad thing. I do however feel there is way to much going on with the right side and some of which could be made menu items. All 3 of them should be moved or removed, as it looks clunky.

Contact us would feel slightly better in the bottom right corner. A floating css menu in the top could provide registration/login links along with information about reward points and even more things.

Also it's nice the theme is indeed responsive with mobile/tablets, but the popup window's for sign up and contact us and quite an annoyance to phones. I didn't try this on a phone but i did change sizes via chrome and noticed it.

That's just my 2 cent's though, hope i don't offend you in any fashion as that's not my intention.
    ALL GAME RELATED PM'S WILL BE IGNORED.
    Discord [¤] Facebook [¤] Rules [¤] Subscribe [¤] Support

Advertisement