Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[W.I.P] Soul Saver Online Web Design

Reaction score
As title says.
I've used some of the advices that iPhoenix gave me onthe last thread (web design of the gaming network itself) and I paused temporary the other designing project in order to start this because this one is urgent and must be done in less than a week.

I understand and fully aware that Photoshop is the worst program for website designs however there are walk-arounds to get the wanted results.
I reviewed the image on multiple browsers to see if there are any graphical incompatibility with the browsers (because it's photoshop lol) and I overcome those issues by using a few walk-arounds.

It's still in progress and unfinished but that's what I've done so far (4 hours of work, with 30 minutes breaks every hour, LOL)

Also, there aren't many renders of this game so it's hard to get my hands on the good ones (only the official publisher has them), apologizes for that.

Snopboy - [W.I.P] Soul Saver Online Web Design - RaGEZONE Forums

Any suggestions to improve it? Tips? Anything you'd like to share? :)

Last edited:
Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This kind of theme reminds me of OLD TOP privateserver sites ( tales of pirates )

Really well done on this one. Though you could change the text of "online" to something basic.

Reaction score
This kind of theme reminds me of OLD TOP privateserver sites ( tales of pirates )

Really well done on this one. Though you could change the text of "online" to something basic.

Someone told me it looks like Dungeon Fighter Online's website LOL.
I can't really change the "online" text since this is the official logo of the game itself and I do not have the PSD of the logo as I'm not working with the publisher but it's a private server, not the official one so I'm sort of limited on this part.

I might try to edit it somehow but I'm not really good at editing existing image since I don't know Photoshop to that extend, I know only the basics..
I'll continue the design but I've already coded the layout - GNB, navigation, logo, background, 3 content boxes that are empty until I finish designing it.

Thank you very much! :)

Reaction score
Have they ever told you to look at other websites for inspiration. This looks ... retro. Too retro. Like the very first few sites on the internet. Huge inset shadows, plain boring gradient, huge rounded corners, a very thick content divider, a very thick stroke.

Being a designer doesn't only mean to be able to apply strokes and shadows, and whatnot, you also need to apply them to be barely visible, like seasoning food.

I hope you're not going to leave the whole background white, and have a tiny something in the middle on the top ....

So anyways, I know it's hard when you're barely begining, I've been there, but just look at other websites, see the difference. And see why yours isn't even close to todays standards ...

Reaction score
Have they ever told you to look at other websites for inspiration. This looks ... retro. Too retro. Like the very first few sites on the internet. Huge inset shadows, plain boring gradient, huge rounded corners, a very thick content divider, a very thick stroke.

Being a designer doesn't only mean to be able to apply strokes and shadows, and whatnot, you also need to apply them to be barely visible, like seasoning food.

I hope you're not going to leave the whole background white, and have a tiny something in the middle on the top ....

So anyways, I know it's hard when you're barely begining, I've been there, but just look at other websites, see the difference. And see why yours isn't even close to todays standards ...

I looked at other websites for inspiration and that's what I came up with.
Huge inset shadows? The only inset shadow are the small ones in the boxes and in the news boxes.. The stroke isn't that thick..
As I said, there aren't many renders/wallpapers for that game so it's difficult to find any that might match there, also white background doesn't hurt the eyes, when there are too many images it confuse the viewer and attract their eyes instead of focusing on the content.
Also, I'm not trying to make it look like every other website, I'm trying to get a unique result but keeping it simple as much as possible.

Thank you for sharing your opinion, I'll try make it better! Appreciate it :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's better! Yeah sure the graphics aren't all that impressive (as you might have already figured out) but you know what you did right this time? Flow!

As for your concern about the limited amount of images available for the game. Yeah, that tends to happen. Here's my suggestion. Create a render (i.e, cut out the characters from source image) and reuse it with another background (preferably one made by you). It's more work but that's what being a designer is all about.

Another thing I'd like to note out. Gradients are out of fashion for content boxes and you have a conflict in art style. The game start button and the gradient box behind it in particular. It doesn't work.

One more, have you heard of Typography? This would be a good time to start learning about text, fonts, typefaces and how to use them properly together to create more consistent text across the body of your website. There are some great tutorials on Google and books you can purchase on the topic. I personally think it is one of the most important topics that graphic and web designers need to be aware of. At the end of the day, it's the text that does the talking.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
When someone tries to give you criticism... You listen, or don't bother to post at all. If you want the harsh truth; I'd poop sht like that. :)

Back