Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Some suggestions from Web Designers / Developers

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone, recently someone wanted me to do a web related project. It is a huge project, the client wants me to make the front-end and back-end of a website.

It is a website for a company that sells articles, mainly the client wants a website where the users can register, login and buy stuff directly from the website.

There are over 3.000+ products to be added on the website, and I will handle all the stuffs related design, and PHP programming.

Since I haven't made something similar to this before (I have made some simple websites, with account system and stuff, but never something this big).

I would like to know how much does this cost?

How much can I ask for such a project like this?

It will be great if you guys can give me some suggestions or advices, some of you that have knowledge on this subject and have done these kind of projects before. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this is the wrong section, or I can't post something like this. Feel free to remove the post if I am violating any rules.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It might not be the right section however I'll be happy to assist you.
To answer your question, we first need to break the whole job down to smaller tasks and go to details as much as possible.

So from your post I can see that it has;
  • Authentication system
  • Role-based user permissions (?) (used for features listed below)
  • Account management
  • Attachment upload/creation of articles
  • Modification and deletion of articles (?)
  • A cart
  • Payment processor (Paypal/Skrill/Coinbase)
  • A design
  • Doing both front and back end (a lot of work)

Now, please do list all features and functionalities required for this project that I have not listed above.

Are you planning on working with a framework or make your own base? (this will help me determine how many working hours you'll need to put in to get the job done).

Are you planning to get a fixed paycheck for the job or are you being payed hourly?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
All you listed there and a log system, where my client will be able to see all the purchases, payments to keep track of the products.

It will be a fixed payment. After I got everything done and running, the client will pay me. I don't know how much should I ask? I don't want to ask too much so the client goes away, but I don't want to ask something that is not worth the time and the effort, thats why I am posting this.

I am planning on using Mini MVC, or maybe I will raw code it from scratch. I have not decided this yet.

Reaction score
All you listed there and a log system, where my client will be able to see all the purchases, payments to keep track of the products.

It will be a fixed payment. After I got everything done and running, the client will pay me. I don't know how much should I ask? I don't want to ask too much so the client goes away, but I don't want to ask something that is not worth the time and the effort, thats why I am posting this.

I am planning on using Mini MVC, or maybe I will raw code it from scratch. I have not decided this yet.

I'd take about 200$ for it, though I'm the cheapest out there so you probably should take a bit more than that, maybe 350$.
Good luck :)

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
  • Authentication system
  • Role-based user permissions (?) (used for features listed below)
  • Account management
  • Modification and deletion of articles (?)
  • A design
  • Doing both front and back end (a lot of work)

I'm doing the same for a web project college related, we don't get paid so you can note that those kinds of things are College-level skills and you could use plenty plugins for those, even writing from scratch wouldn't be so hard so i think like 200-350 would be fine i guess, depends basically on ur skillset and howmuch years you have been doing it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for your help guys. Really appreciate it.

Reaction score
I don't think you've mentioned time, how long will it take to create remember time is money. I don't know what your skill level is but if you make this from scratch at least $500

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
I know this is two weeks old, but have you considered using WordPress installed with WooCommerce? It'd help you loads! Tons of plugins and the system is fully supported and updated all the time. Easy to design for too, make a few custom templates, a child theme and smash on with it. Take a look, I think it'd help you in the long run!

Reaction score
I know this is two weeks old, but have you considered using WordPress installed with WooCommerce? It'd help you loads! Tons of plugins and the system is fully supported and updated all the time. Easy to design for too, make a few custom templates, a child theme and smash on with it. Take a look, I think it'd help you in the long run!

OpenCart is way more fun

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Depends on your skill level.
My team gets around 2.5-3k € for a project like this.
If you're relatively new, make an offer under 1k and you're safe.
Don't sell your working hours for less than minimum wage. Check what you want to receive per hour and then think about how many hours you will need.
Then just calculate a price from that base.

Back