Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[VID] Minecraft Web Design [WIP]

Reaction score
BluishCraft - A Minecraft Template!

A year later, I to present you a final release of BluishCraft.

As usual, here's a video for ya' all to know how it functions and give you an idea how it looks like in real time!

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ah I was thinking it was going to be a video of you designing xD.

The site has some pretty cool features, there are some familiar styles that I can see. Theres one thing I've noticed is that you like using the simplicity feel / look. Just try to remember that too simple will also take away from the design.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It looks above average in terms of website design, but isn't one of your better pieces. It's too.. I want to say childish, but Minecraft is a childish game, so that's not the right wording. I feel like it's too.. soft.

Get what I mean?

Reaction score
Ah I was thinking it was going to be a video of you designing xD.

The site has some pretty cool features, there are some familiar styles that I can see. Theres one thing I've noticed is that you like using the simplicity feel / look. Just try to remember that too simple will also take away from the design.
aww okay!
I'm still on my road learning...trying to be more creative :d
Can you suggest me what kind of social icons should I add?
ps inspired by your design XD

It looks above average in terms of website design, but isn't one of your better pieces. It's too.. I want to say childish, but Minecraft is a childish game, so that's not the right wording. I feel like it's too.. soft.

Get what I mean?
quite a bit confusing @@
its a design based on simplicity and clean :d
maybe I'll try a new concept next time :9

Thanks for daa feedbacks :D

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Sorry, I was trying to avoid being confusing. I think it looks good for now, I expect to see updates though, as it could use some significant work before being worthy of a release/hosting.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
First thing I noticed was that navigation. Why is it to to the left? Is it fixed to the left? Or just floated?

You should really have your top content aligned- For example, the container for the player count and search box up top should be the same width as the bottom content, or vise versa. The minecraft logo I like, but it's kind of hard to see, since the background is blue as well. Why not make the logo white, and keep the blue stroke? There's no footer yet, so I'll have to wait on that.

There's always room for improvement, since this is still a work in progress. It's a really good layout so far and a can't wait to see when it's actually done!

Reaction score
First thing I noticed was that navigation. Why is it to to the left? Is it fixed to the left? Or just floated?

You should really have your top content aligned- For example, the container for the player count and search box up top should be the same width as the bottom content, or vise versa. The minecraft logo I like, but it's kind of hard to see, since the background is blue as well. Why not make the logo white, and keep the blue stroke? There's no footer yet, so I'll have to wait on that.

There's always room for improvement, since this is still a work in progress. It's a really good layout so far and a can't wait to see when it's actually done!
the navigation will float followed by window, you're scrolling up and down.
okay thanks for the comments, I'll try my best to change it to the best!

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
You've been bashing a lot of the designers here, now you're at my mercy. :)

Alright so, first of all. I'm wondering where the heck you've caught your design patterns. The overall feel of the design looks tame and boring. Your dimensions are wierdly placed. While the color scheme is fine, you still need more complexion. I understand minecraft isn't that much of a high-end game, but your logo is too plain, I don't know what to say. You should also use proper grammar when designing. It has a lot to do with UX Design. Your whole design is quite messy on the UX end.

So here's my tips to improve it slightly:

- Extend your two columns so it fits the top panel thingy you've got. That should give the site a lift. Your site will look a lot less messy, and more symetric.

- Improve your buttons. Make them stand out a bit, to catch the attention of the user. Keep in mind where you want the user's attention at first glance though.

- Use proper grammar. Capital letters on the first word only.

- The background is dull, you should replace it with a more colorful one, but stick to your own colorscheme.

- Improve the logo. Don't use a pixelated font, but rather use a fat font and make it feel pixelated if you get what I mean?

That's pretty much it. G'luck.

Reaction score
You've been bashing a lot of the designers here, now you're at my mercy. :)

Alright so, first of all. I'm wondering where the heck you've caught your design patterns. The overall feel of the design looks tame and boring. Your dimensions are wierdly placed. While the color scheme is fine, you still need more complexion. I understand minecraft isn't that much of a high-end game, but your logo is too plain, I don't know what to say. You should also use proper grammar when designing. It has a lot to do with UX Design. Your whole design is quite messy on the UX end.

So here's my tips to improve it slightly:

- Extend your two columns so it fits the top panel thingy you've got. That should give the site a lift. Your site will look a lot less messy, and more symetric.

- Improve your buttons. Make them stand out a bit, to catch the attention of the user. Keep in mind where you want the user's attention at first glance though.

- Use proper grammar. Capital letters on the first word only.

- The background is dull, you should replace it with a more colorful one, but stick to your own colorscheme.

- Improve the logo. Don't use a pixelated font, but rather use a fat font and make it feel pixelated if you get what I mean?

That's pretty much it. G'luck.
arrhh...capital letter? which part? or izzit the "Control Panel", "Social Networks"?
I have no idea what background should I get tiz time :( cuz I'm more focusing on user loading speed.
Also...about the logo....could you kinda explain how to make it feel pixelated? please leave out more tips!!!
Thanks braah for your merciless :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
NubPro - [VID] Minecraft Web Design [WIP] - RaGEZONE Forums

I know you're trying to be unique by putting a nav on the side, but its out of place and an inconvenience if you have a high resolution this would be annoying.

mjPjAtN - [VID] Minecraft Web Design [WIP] - RaGEZONE Forums

Look at the free space in the middle.

0Ahm6oT - [VID] Minecraft Web Design [WIP] - RaGEZONE Forums

The title should be a bigger size or maybe bold, and that light blue text is a bit stressful on the eyes.

wDcWSzE - [VID] Minecraft Web Design [WIP] - RaGEZONE Forums

That's a good example of how the logo should be.

You could space out the tables or make the middle table bigger, 800-900px width.
And for the background, use minecraft character/monster artwork blended in with the same or a similar bg.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looking good so far :D
I just love the simplicity of it <3

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
nice website man ... :3

0Ahm6oT - [VID] Minecraft Web Design [WIP] - RaGEZONE Forums

The title should be a bigger size or maybe bold, and that light blue text is a bit stressful on the eyes.

wDcWSzE - [VID] Minecraft Web Design [WIP] - RaGEZONE Forums

That's a good example of how the logo should be.

You could space out the tables or make the middle table bigger, 800-900px width.
And for the background, use minecraft character/monster artwork blended in with the same or a similar bg.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
I didn't meant to bump this thread but at the same time, I'm not supposed to duplicate a thread right?

I have updated the main post, check it out!

Reaction score
So here are a few hints before you say "it's released god bless".

-The cyan blue on white, is not eye catching, more like eye killing. I get it that you like that blue, but it just doesn't match. Bright color with bright color is just a no go.
-I don't know what did you imagine it would happen with the side menu, but what if someone has a 1920x1080 monitor? The site would be 960px wide, and the menu would be ... well somewhere on the side. That's not really appealing either. Plus it's not practical.
-The "CSS3" shadows are too strong. Remember "A designer applies effects that are barely visible." Can't say the same about those shadows.
-Overall it's pretty basic, it could do more with some polishing. I suggest you look at some other servers website. Some servers that has actually a good looking website. I am not implying that you should copy them, but you need "Inspiration" my friend. Lot's of it.
-Your HTML/CSS skills seem to improve. But you haven't changed a thing on the Nivo slider. How do I know that? Because I integrated it in over 5 websites so far. And I know how it looks like by default.

Reaction score
So here are a few hints before you say "it's released god bless".

-The cyan blue on white, is not eye catching, more like eye killing. I get it that you like that blue, but it just doesn't match. Bright color with bright color is just a no go.
-I don't know what did you imagine it would happen with the side menu, but what if someone has a 1920x1080 monitor? The site would be 960px wide, and the menu would be ... well somewhere on the side. That's not really appealing either. Plus it's not practical.
-The "CSS3" shadows are too strong. Remember "A designer applies effects that are barely visible." Can't say the same about those shadows.
-Overall it's pretty basic, it could do more with some polishing. I suggest you look at some other servers website. Some servers that has actually a good looking website. I am not implying that you should copy them, but you need "Inspiration" my friend. Lot's of it.
-Your HTML/CSS skills seem to improve. But you haven't changed a thing on the Nivo slider. How do I know that? Because I integrated it in over 5 websites so far. And I know how it looks like by default.

at least approximately 1062 width

This is how it looks like in 1080p, but yea I understand your point, they are not very practical.

I prefer how the default nivo theme looks like so I didn't change much besides the arrows.
In term of the shadows, it really depends on one's monitor contrast and etc.

Anyway, thank you! :):

Back