Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[WIP] 24hours4music2 - Homepage design

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
This is a 'concept state' project of a music event for charity. It has for ambitions to actually happen physically on my region (Aquitaine, France) and promote independent and emerging musical artists of all genres then fundraising for selected and affiliated humanitarian associations through exclusively-made songs by the artists for the event. The whole event would also be live broadcast through YouTube Live platform, this is the main purpose of the website right now. But still this is a work-in-progress right now..

Emetophobic - [WIP] 24hours4music2 - Homepage design - RaGEZONE Forums

Feedback about the main design would be much appreciated

Reaction score
The font is the only issue I have here, its very hard to read - in terms of everything, but over all the layout of it all seems fine, only other issue that could be seen (which is my opinion) is the button colours, blue and green it doesn't look that great

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The font is the only issue I have here, its very hard to read - in terms of everything, but over all the layout of it all seems fine, only other issue that could be seen (which is my opinion) is the button colours, blue and green it doesn't look that great

Actually, I wanted to use this font only on the logo on the header. But yea I was kinda sceptical about the font being used on the whole design. Any font to recommend that would fit?

Master Summoner
Reaction score
IMO:
- I agree with Lune about the overuse of the text. I would prefer a Square-like, Serif, or Sans serif text. You should have atleast three types of text. Makes it look nice and doesnt allow an overuse of one text. The really important text should have a bold font, where its not strainful to look at (ex. the text "Raised: $$$" and the times for specific things)
- you should have a gray colored bar in the footer area. Either where "our mission in life..." or "2014, an emetophbic.com..."
- the "who is being.." square should be moved a little to the left
- the squares that are under "home" and "remember, its up to you..." should be centered more. The sides should look even from left to right. Atm, they are more to the right
- "hand in hand" logo should be moved all the way to the right, making sure the gap space is the same as the rest of the content (the side are where everything cuts off)

The colors look good, but some dark gray would make it look nicer. Its a good looking site and I hope you will be able to raise money of the good cause.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Add less spacing between these two, and center the two boxes inside the vertically. Else then that, a pretty decent design. Don't like the font, it's fine to use some places to add attention to certain objects, but it looks weird when the whole page is filled with it. You need a proper font for the main stuff, the one you've used is like a hand-written type. It doesn't look good everywhere.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's nice for a vlog website, I really like it..

But you're over using the font.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Add less spacing between these two, and center the two boxes inside the vertically. Else then that, a pretty decent design. Don't like the font, it's fine to use some places to add attention to certain objects, but it looks weird when the whole page is filled with it. You need a proper font for the main stuff, the one you've used is like a hand-written type. It doesn't look good everywhere.

It's nice for a vlog website, I really like it..

But you're over using the font.

Thanks for your feedbacks,
So the font is the overall problem of that design right? I thought about using Open Sans like Lune is advising me or Dosis from Google font a cool looking and rounded font

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Lato is a great google font, I use them for a lot of my designs. Also, you should almost always stick with google fonts when designing, cause it's a huge plus when selling your designs. Simply because it's so easy for a web developer to implant it to the website.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Open Sans is overused by people somehow, so Lato is a great font !

Back