Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[WIP] Beast Cabal

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Beast Cabal,
A work in progress design created for a client.

Current Design Time = 1Hour
Estimated Time = 10Hours
Sir Kidd - [WIP] Beast Cabal - RaGEZONE Forums

REMOVED

C&C Welcome
[Please state reasons if you do not like any part

Last edited:
SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The whole design is really nice, the only thing that stands out is the chosen font, it just doesn't look right.

I normally try to keep navigation font very simple to keep if the user decides to use font rather than images. A large amount of my clients decide they want normal text rather than images. This way its easier for the client to get closer to the design with out much work.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Picture does not show for me. No matter how often I refresh. Could you maybe input an imagelink ?

rua4Kct - [WIP] Beast Cabal - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
It has all the eye candy an average user would want. But if you look at it long enough it seems too simple and out of place. Maybe the weird pattern over the slider? Or the not so vivid texture colours? Who knows.

Now you can tag me!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered how people do these details:

This looks amazing though, such website themes have always amused me. I've never really learned how I design websites with these types of themes, I guess I just don't have the fantasy for it.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It has all the eye candy an average user would want. But if you look at it long enough it seems too simple and out of place. Maybe the weird pattern over the slider? Or the not so vivid texture colours? Who knows.

Your comment does not compute.
The idea that a design can have the desired eye candy yet be too simple and out of place is contradictory.
Also if you believe that the design is simple I would suggest you try designing a piece such as this as simple is far from accurate. Lighting alone takes about the normal build time of an average site.

As for the pattern over the slider I do not understand what part of the slider you are talking about. As if it is the placer image then to say that makes it simple or out of place is just a foolish comment.

Next is to the not so vivid texture. I can not see how you believe the colour and textures used are not vivid. Is it possible your monitor has its brightness to low? As there is a clear cut difference and a very vibrant and vivid feel to this design.

I just feel your comment is some what of a pissfest with no real point or reason. You dont explain any issue you believe properly and your comments contradict. If you wish to give CnC please do so in a manor that can actually be understood.

I already gave my feedback to kid but about the font I just don't like the FX style (It wasn't like that when you showed me on skype right?) the font looks fine though

No it was not. The text is slightly larger and has a slight more gradient that it did before. Only a minor change but I am still playing with the text colourings atm to get them perfect.

This looks amazing though, such website themes have always amused me. I've never really learned how I design websites with these types of themes, I guess I just don't have the fantasy for it.

Honestly if your willing to take an extra 10 minutes there actually easy to do. The hardest part is in the final details as many creators use lighting to hide issues or lazyness rather than to enhance areas or make a focal point. If you look at mine I use my lighting to attract people the right hand side and the top of each area. Aka the top of the navigation bar next to home and atm the sliders selection area.

Just me or does the female look super seductive?

Its you. bloody raving pervert :junglejane:

Reaction score

Simple. Download flares, set the blending to "Screen" that removes it's background(if it has any), use black and white, new layers, and layer blends. Of course there's more to it, but they are all a matter of taste and the level of adjustments you want to make. Probably I'll do a tutorial for it when I time for it. Not any soon though as I have a busy schedule, and tutorials need time and dedication.

But in short, these kind of "lightning" is all about layer blending, mostly Soft Shadow and Overlay(Overlay makes the colors go Vivid, nice and beautiful), oh and of course a little bit of "painting" skills.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Simple. Download flares, set the blending to "Screen" that removes it's background(if it has any), use black and white, new layers, and layer blends. Of course there's more to it, but they are all a matter of taste and the level of adjustments you want to make. Probably I'll do a tutorial for it when I time for it. Not any soon though as I have a busy schedule, and tutorials need time and dedication.

But in short, these kind of "lightning" is all about layer blending, mostly Soft Shadow and Overlay(Overlay makes the colors go Vivid, nice and beautiful), oh and of course a little bit of "painting" skills.

1, Some flares are pre-made some are custom created.
2, Screen as a blend mode was not used once.
3, Please make a tutorial if you feel like you must. It makes no difference
4, But in short you failed to actually answer the question I asked and again failed to give CNC and again just posted a comment that is a pissfest. If you have nothing constructive to say I suggest you go to your own personal wonderland where you believe you know everything and stay there.

This is one reason your never really like in the portfolio Mucski and the reason we have come to blows before. You do not understand the point of CnC and you simply just bad mouth work rather than giving ideas on how to improve aspects. You are a good designer I will not denie this but your attitude and how you react to other designers is disrespectful and derogative and laced with underhanded putdowns.

So simply put if you dont have any respectable comments I suggest you dont bother posting .

Reaction score
1, Some flares are pre-made some are custom created.
2, Screen as a blend mode was not used once.
3, Please make a tutorial if you feel like you must. It makes no difference
4, But in short you failed to actually answer the question I asked and again failed to give CNC and again just posted a comment that is a pissfest. If you have nothing constructive to say I suggest you go to your own personal wonderland where you believe you know everything and stay there.

This is one reason your never really like in the portfolio Mucski and the reason we have come to blows before. You do not understand the point of CnC and you simply just bad mouth work rather than giving ideas on how to improve aspects. You are a good designer I will not denie this but your attitude and how you react to other designers is disrespectful and derogative and laced with underhanded putdowns.

So simply put if you dont have any respectable comments I suggest you dont bother posting .

I was answering Detox. Sorry for that. I just simply told him how I would achieve the same effect, because you know, in Photoshop a lot of effects can be achieved in a lot of ways.

If you do wish so, I will post better CnC next time.

Regards.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know, I've seen many of your designs, they're just too generic, simple yet complex. You make it seem very complex with the design and the different effects you've got all around the place but the layout is simple and repeated throughout your designs which have similar styles, talking about the slider here, the design looks good, but there is something missing on the slider, the layout is too generic and anyone would notice you have done it and I don't mean that in a good way such as pertaining to a certain style. I don't know, the slider just looks generic and cliche. The overall design looks like you've gone try hard and to me it looks like you've gone over the top. Unless there is a superb coder to be able to perfectly code this it won't work out, try and simplify it e.g less lens flares and less complexity.

As a picture, it looks good though. But as an interactive website I don't know how that will work out. Dunno, just my two cents and opinion as a website surfer and one who has seen many different website designs and many different game websites.

Reaction score
I don't know, I've seen many of your designs, they're just too generic, simple yet complex. You make it seem very complex with the design and the different effects you've got all around the place but the layout is simple and repeated throughout your designs which have similar styles, talking about the slider here, the design looks good, but there is something missing on the slider, the layout is too generic and anyone would notice you have done it and I don't mean that in a good way such as pertaining to a certain style. I don't know, the slider just looks generic and cliche. The overall design looks like you've gone try hard and to me it looks like you've gone over the top. Unless there is a superb coder to be able to perfectly code this it won't work out, try and simplify it e.g less lens flares and less complexity.

As a picture, it looks good though. But as an interactive website I don't know how that will work out. Dunno, just my two cents and opinion as a website surfer and one who has seen many different website designs and many different game websites.

A lot of Web Designers maintain a design style they like, it doesn't make them bad designers. They are the ones who know what they can work with be it the same layout over and over or not, makes no major difference.

Reaction score
A lot of Web Designers maintain a design style they like, it doesn't make them bad designers. They are the ones who know what they can work with be it the same layout over and over or not, makes no major difference.

Dunno, just giving him what I personally thought, he can disregard it if he likes.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Generic,
All designs are generic in some way. Also when you design mainly for gaming sites there is bound to be a common element in most designs based on the artists way of creating designs something that rarely changes with time.

Simple Layout,
I try to keep layouts simple as most users do not want crazy ways of going about stuff or redeveloped layouts. Most prefer the set standard of 2 or 3 columns with an order of Navigation > Slider > News > Side Bar > Additional Content. Also you have to understand most games no matter how different use the same methods and elements in what there sites need. So this will always cause gaming sites to having common links and design aspects.

Simple Yet Complex,
I do not under stand the issue? Creating a complex looking design yet keeping to core layout simple and easy to use is a bad thing? I like to make my designs be user friendly in regard to usage so when people start using these sites they know exactly what there doing and there not spending time looking for elements because they have an idea of where it is located before they even start. This makes the site easier to navigate and makes it more pleasant to new users rather than an over the top design with every thing all over the place where you are looking constantly for what you want rather than what you want being at your finger tips and easily accessible.

Coding,
The design is actually very easily coded to be honest. Most elements can easily be done with basic knowledge due to the fact each segments elements are separated. Meaning the navigation effects are confined inside the navigation and the rest located on the background. Meaning having simple knowledge for aligning will be anoth to produce the site nearly identically.

Finally,
There are many designers out there that create designs far more complex than my own work and there coded easily. I can think of one user in general on this site who produces such works aka FCV.

Anyway as long as the client is happy with the design that is my only focus. I know the sites can be easily coded as this is not even in the top 10 of ones that are hard to code I have designed.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As its been 4 weeks since original post do you have a final result at all? I do have to agree with everyone else that the font just doesn't seem to fit right with your 'generic' design.

Reaction score
Sir , dont matter if we like it , if customer is happy that is the must important thing !
from me you have a 10 , i love effects , structure (sir type) , everything , i love simple things !!

very good !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I normally try to keep navigation font very simple to keep if the user decides to use font rather than images. A large amount of my clients decide they want normal text rather than images. This way its easier for the client to get closer to the design with out much work.

Look into font-face (CSS).

It allows for custom fonts within web-pages, while still allowing for the SEO of plain text.

(Basically it loads a font file within the websites architecture)

It also works cross-platform very easily.

Back