Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[WIP] Some crappy flat website for Maplestory.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I got bored and wanted to check out some minimal designs. I've been doing graphics in general for a few months now and this is my 3rd (?) site. This is just the PSD for the Index page. This was also supposed to be 1920x1080 oh well idgaf. What do you like or hate, is it even worth finishing the designs for the other pages and (maybe) trying to sell or releasing for free?

blurdidathing - [WIP] Some crappy flat website for Maplestory. - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It looks empty to me but with more additions I'm sure you could sell it. The background looks extremely bland and empty. You can also give the buttons/UI a little glossier effect. I don't know, just my opinion. It looks like an okay start though.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hm, I may do that. I agree the background is really boring. I was trying not to go overboard like I usually do. As for glossy buttons, totally agree. I forgot to mention I animated the offline and online things in the server status. I appreciate the input, if I ever feel motivated I'll make some changes and finish the other pages and release the psds for free.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
After making the offline online buttons how to make it work?
I'm recently learning more html and making websites.

Can i ask how to make it work? Is there anything you need to link it with for the offline online button to work automatically?
And how to u make the cpanel login? and how does it work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Simple and cool, but i would add something more to it.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Can i ask how to make it work? Is there anything you need to link it with for the offline online button to work automatically?

These are usually done via PHP.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

PHP is correct, you should look into the currently released sites CMSes and check those out. It's quite simple.

Simple and cool, but i would add something more to it.

Simple is the best, amirite? :p I will indeed add more to it eventually. Thanks for the input.

Reaction score

PHP, Java, ASP.Net, ColdFusion. Plenty of options. You need to have some server side code to controls sessions etc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I need help regarding my sites anyone willigly to help?
Add me on skype Axneffaxa thanks a lot!

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i can work with you if you want.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
games aren't really supposed to have minimalistic/flat designs imo

Says who? I don't really venture much outside of webdesign for professional poop and Maplestory, so I can't speak for other games, but most of the Maple sites these days are garbage.

Anyway I've pretty much lost inspiration or motivation to do this, here are the psds for the index page, and online/offline background gifs. Hopefully someone makes use of this.

I don't really care if anyone that uses this gives me credit, you'll be doing more work than I did. Enjoy.

Reaction score
If you're going to call your own work crappy, what is the point of even posting it? - I understand you may not think it is brilliant, But come on - have some faith in your work, its better than some of the stuff that come on up :)!

You can only improve your skills.

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
im going to work on it and make it done , whats ur name on credits u want to be ? Blur ?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you're going to call your own work crappy, what is the point of even posting it? - I understand you may not think it is brilliant, But come on - have some faith in your work, its better than some of the stuff that come on up :)!

You can only improve your skills.
I was being a idiot, I know I'm not the best but I definitely have seen worse. :) Anyway thanks for the advice. Back in the day (like a month ago) I got a webhost because i saw your site, and now i'm p bummed they just sort of disappeared.

im going to work on it and make it done , whats ur name on credits u want to be ? Blur ?

If you really insist on giving credit, I don't care if you do or not, just throw blur on it.

For now I'm going to stick to banners / signatures / avatars until someone wants to buy a site before I start making it. Sites are too much effort ;D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Flat design won't work when you're making sites for games. (Which usually require vivid colours and a lot of fancy graphics).

Flat design =/= minimalistic design.

Flat design usually refers to the practice of using solid colours as opposed to gradients, shadows, bevel and emboss, etc, so the idea of using glossy buttons would defeat the purpose.

A good minimalistic game site example would be . Few modules cluttering up the home page and thus the page serves it's purpose beautifully; however, at the same time has a big slider and contrasting colours to give the site a "lively"/"Gamey" feel.

My recommendation would be to break away from the current layout that's been defined for server sites. A navigation > header/logo > and then three column split with modules distributed evenly, and try again.

Still, a good attempt for your 3rd design. You're on the right track if self taught.

Last edited:

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Flat design won't work when you're making sites for game. (Which usually require vivid colours and a lot of fancy graphics).

specially for maplestory.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
It's a decent website, I'll give you that.
However, I'd work on the layout, it's too generic, much like 90% of MapleStory sites out there.
It's also too simple, I'd give it more detail. I understand you're aiming for a "flat" type design, but it could still use more detail.
Also, I'd redo all the fonts chosen in there, they just look awkward with the background.
To sum it up, it's a decent website design, stop insulting your work and have some faith in yourself! It could turn out much better with some work put into it.
It has potential, I'd work on it more if I were you, try to spice it up a little.

Back