Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[WIP]UnOfficial Exordium Flyff Design (so can be for other games)

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I like how it looks,
but to turn it into reality, how would you do convert this to HTML/CSS
Without just cutting squares of the design (which I really dislike personally)

Squares?! \o/.

I should imagine you'd treat it like any other website where there are images to be dealt with. I'd have each and every asset exported as seperate images and position/ overlay them accordingly. It's the developer's job to ensure the website is as pixel-perfect to the design as possible, remember. :wink:

To optimise loading times, compile the images into a spritesheet!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I like how it looks,
but to turn it into reality, how would you do convert this to HTML/CSS
Without just cutting squares of the design (which I really dislike personally)

Squares?! \o/.

I should imagine you'd treat it like any other website where there are images to be dealt with. I'd have each and every asset exported as seperate images and position/ overlay them accordingly. It's the developer's job to ensure the website is as pixel-perfect to the design as possible, remember. :wink:

To optimise loading times, compile the images into a spritesheet!

If you were still coding the site using table oriented mark-up, you'd cut the site up into little squares; however, web development has come far enough that no one does table based sites anymore (hopefully).

Thanks to new development, you can break everything up into little images (Like layers, z-index is glorious!) and position them once again through the use of stylesheets (like you were saying in your post). Spritesheets do indeed make the site images "load" faster, though it is a slightly more "advanced" technique.

As for, "It's the developer's job to ensure the website is as pixel-perfect to the design as possible," while true that front end developers are responsible for turning designs into a functioning piece ready for the web, I wouldn't say it is entirely their job. I often get handed PSDs for turning into mark-up. A common mistake I've seen designers make is completely ignore the basics of modern web design. Things like using a grid in your design, or having guidelines that the front end developer can use to get measurements. Some more issues include weird margins, difficult text and strange effects to replicate without resorting to images, weird positioning of certain elements, and of course the biggest problem: the lack of flexibility in the design. These are fundamentals of the web that Web Designers need to have clear concepts and understanding about.

Lack of flexibility is the biggest issue in particular when web designs (like this one) contain too much graphical work. Take for example the input fields in the sidebar for the username and password. Because of the exotic / graphically interesting border and shadows, I would have to cut that field into an image and assign it to a field in the mark-up with fixed height and width. Now what if I wanted the same effect on another input field in the main body (take for example, a register page) but needed to increase the width? Well, I can't. Not unless I create another input field image with the size I want and write extra markup for it. Not to mention the incredible reliance on images for the site to work / look the way it should. The header texts in the sidebar is another example, unchangeable unless you make new images. No matter how many sprite sheets you use, the initial load times would be terrifying. I love FCV2005 work personally, but I would absolutely hate to turn his designs into mark-up.

I consider FCV2005 one of the best (if not THE best) Graphics Designer here, Web Designer though? Not so sure.

Though, I really do think he should experiment with different layouts. Two column designs are too overdone in private server designs. Otherwise, really cool looking design!

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you were still coding the site using table oriented mark-up, you'd cut the site up into little squares; however, web development has come far enough that no one does table based sites anymore (hopefully)...

I fully understand where you're coming from - I wasn't suggesting it wouldn't be somewhat annoying... what is important is that it is possible and without the aforementioned method of 'cutting into squares' (does he mean to sayslicing?). :p:

Would it be a nightmare to code? Hell yeah.

I think if he were to cut down on the number of different layers of graphics it would be more feasible!

MC Web Designs
Reaction score
thx everyone for suggestions !

@ all my templates are same ? that means structure !!!!
someone show me another structure style that never has made :))

I they're pointing out the fact that you could perhaps spice the structure up a little with new structures. With the mass amount of sites out there, it is hard to grasp a unique design, however you can make some nice new structures if you put your mind to it.

Good luck..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Nice designs. I realy like your works FCV you are my idol in design for games.
But after 2012 the world use tablets bro - think about that to this designs will die at responsive grid system:(

Good luck for more greater designs

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I fully understand where you're coming from - I wasn't suggesting it wouldn't be somewhat annoying... what is important is that it is possible and without the aforementioned method of 'cutting into squares' (does he mean to sayslicing?). :p:

Would it be a nightmare to code? Hell yeah.

I think if he were to cut down on the number of different layers of graphics it would be more feasible!

What I ment was;
The psd is so overdone with effects, that it's hard to slice a layer with the effect if it has "overlay, soft light, hard light" etc.
Therefore you should create a full image of it and just slice it into pieces.

I don't really worry about the position etc (Yeah, z-index is great, but be carefull with just position stuff (resolutions!))
but it is so overdone with effects, that it's gonna be hard to code it HTML5 valid though, without using css tricks and positioning in the html to make it invalid.

I do agree that FCV2005 is a great designer, but I think there are better designers on here, like ERROR404, they design better coding wise structures.

Web & Interaction Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What I ment was;
The psd is so overdone with effects, that it's hard to slice a layer with the effect if it has "overlay, soft light, hard light" etc.
Therefore you should create a full image of it and just slice it into pieces.

I don't really worry about the position etc (Yeah, z-index is great, but be carefull with just position stuff (resolutions!))
but it is so overdone with effects, that it's gonna be hard to code it HTML5 valid though, without using css tricks and positioning in the html to make it invalid.

I do agree that FCV2005 is a great designer, but I think there are better designers on here, like ERROR404, they design better coding wise structures.

It was to my understanding that the two designers catered for different markets - though I fully understood the points you were making the first time. With regards to valid HTML5; please, save me the effort! I don't know if you're referring to conforming to W3C standards or just all-round valid markup (free from typos, incorrect use of semantics, etc.) but I don't see why this would strike you as difficult to achieve.

I may have been unclear in a previous statement about designing for structure. I should think that this greatly depends on how much experience the designer has with front end development.

Intelligent DoucheBag
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It was to my understanding that the two designers catered for different markets - though I fully understood the points you were making the first time. With regards to valid HTML5; please, save me the effort! I don't know if you're referring to conforming to W3C standards or just all-round valid markup (free from typos, incorrect use of semantics, etc.) but I don't see why this would strike you as difficult to achieve.

I may have been unclear in a previous statement about designing for structure. I should think that this greatly depends on how much experience the designer has with front end development.

I am not talking about w3c validation, which is fake as hell.

I am talking about things like;
-data-your-variable-name="variable"
etc
and the structure, yes there is a structure in html too.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Good design. Love the effects, yet the background feels a bit empty imho..

Quick question:
How does one go about making a logo like that?
With logo I mean the way you did the word 'Exordium'.

Link to a tutorial would be greatly appreciated either in a reply or in a pm:p:

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Amazing effects, good job !

Reaction score
Good design. Love the effects, yet the background feels a bit empty imho..

Quick question:
How does one go about making a logo like that?
With logo I mean the way you did the word 'Exordium'.

Link to a tutorial would be greatly appreciated either in a reply or in a pm:p:

if u mean style , ill make a tut , if u mean font , is on dafont.com

@ thx everyone !

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I meant the style, yet I would like to know what the name of the font is.
Looking forward to the tutorial.:D:

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I believe ragezone portfolio needs to add a rule stating all work must be shown at correct size.
Showing work that has been lowered in size does not show the work nor is it able to show quality.

You can not see quality nor are you able to see issues with blending and flow. Showing a smaller version of a site often looks FAR better than a full version. Show us your work properly or dont bother posting it at all FCV. Honestly it feels like your trying to hide something by making the size lower.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
sirkidd :) im not hidding nothing !!!

[h=1]Error[/h] Invalid Refferer. Please reload page.

Site doesnt work lol. Post some screenshots here. Use something like postimage.org

Back