Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] [HOW-TO] edit your browser referer and user agent identity for privacy

Reaction score
Hi,

If you are like me then you'll generally want to hide your originating source of a location when browsing a website and this could be for numerous reasons such as;

1. Privacy
  2. Being naughty
  3. General lulz

For this tutorial I'll be using two addons for Google Chrome which are and . Script-No is a nice extention that allows you to disable third party javascripts and more but for this we are also using it for the built in referer edit that is included and the user agent spoof. We will be using Referer control to white list websites that require the originating domain to be the referer so you can login/post and more (such as RaGEZONE).

First, download ScriptNo from the url. Once installed simply go to options and set the following;

• Referrer Spoof: (Custom)
    - insert any url you would like such as
  • User-Agent Spoof:
    - Select whichever browser and OS you want to mask as.
  • SAVE

Once this is done you can now visit a website such as one. Inside you'll find it will display your IP address , User-Agent (which is now spoofed) as well as the http referer you set as indicated above.

Now, the most important part is that a lot of websites will not allow you to login to their services if the originating domain does not match (for security reasons) and to fix this problem we will simply install Referer Control as linked above. Once installed simply add the following for a website that has a limitation on logging/access and posting (such as rz which I'll use for this example)

• Add to site filter "http://*ragezone.com"
  • Click custom and add "http://ragezone.com"

DONE! It's that simple. The referer from RaGEZONE will originate as ragezone and thus allowing you to post here and login without no issues. For other websites simply update the url as indicated above. The * indicates a wildcard so use it when appropriate.

It's that simple.

Have fun.

MentaL

KG6VX - [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] edit your browser referer and user agent identity for privacy - RaGEZONE Forums

uYfL9 - [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] edit your browser referer and user agent identity for privacy - RaGEZONE Forums

MygQO - [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] edit your browser referer and user agent identity for privacy - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: How to edit your browser referer and user agent identity for privacy

Very nice tutorial dan,

DRGunZ 2 Creator
Loyal Member
Reaction score

For Firefox users, they can use the Add-On called User Agent Switcher.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score

For privacy on firefox, I use NoScript and HTTPS everywhere

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score

For privacy everywhere I use my neighbours internet. But still , nice tut. You can also use VPN such as ProXPN , although it wont hide your user agent it sure will hide from where are you browsing.

Back