Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] [HOW-TO] install web software on your local computer or VPS/Dedicated Server

In Progress... FFXIV...
Reaction score
This is my first time posting here, so please don't say this is in the wrong section. To be honest, I don't know where to post this. Also a friend of mine requested me to make this since I told him I wasn't gonna repeat myself over MSN, lulz. Please move this if this is in the wrong section, moderators.

Requirements

Step 1: Setting up your AppServ or web host
The first thing you're gonna need to do is download and install your AppServ or web host. I didn't try this with other web host software because I had issues with them. Anyways, download and install it. Once you get to the MySQL configurations and such, just make sure you remember your password that you wanted it to be. Once it has been completed of your installation, make sure you enable that it starts up MySQL and Apache.

Download Link:

Step 2: Setting up your MySQL
Download the MySQL Community Server as in the requirements. Download link:

After you have downloaded the community server do these steps;
2.1) Start the installer for the community server, click "Next."
2.2) Click Custom > Next. This will enable you to specify where you want to install MySQL. If you have Apache installed in C:\AppServ, you will want to install MySQL in the same directory.This should be there MySQL Community Server be installed at C:\AppServ\MySQL.
2.2) Now install it and wait until it is done, it shouldn't take that long.
2.3) After it has completed the installation, a new window will be displayed to configure your settings and such. Make sure you have that enabled and click Finish.

2.4) Now your MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard window should popped up. Click Next and make sure you have it setup in Standard Configuration.
2.5) There will be a screen where you get to create your password, just do it the same password as you did for your AppServ installation. Then enable "Enable root access from remote machines." Then "Next."
2.6) Click "Execute."

If you want to make sure you have done it correctly, go to your MySQL at your "All Programs" and open the "MySQL Command Line Client"
Eg. "Start button > All Programs > MySQL > MySQL Community Server 5.5 > MySQL Command Line Client"
The CMD will come up and ask you to enter your password. Put your password. If it shows "Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Blah blah blah..." That means you did it correctly. If it doesn't and just closes, that means you have entered the wrong password or made a mistake.

Step 3: Setting up the MySQL (Full)
Download link:

Just install it as "Custom." Make sure it is being installed in your C:\AppServ\MySQL, as the same area as before for Step 2.

This part is not done. Can't remember what was on this part, please be patient.

---------------------------------------------------

Credits:
- Tai: Tutorial
- Google: Search Engine
- Resource(s): (this is old, but it helps a lot)
- MySQL: Web database engine

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Re: How to install web software on your local computer or VPS/Dedicated Server

Is this the complete tutorial?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Is this the complete tutorial?

i think not complete..because he wrote " This part is not done. Can't remember what was on this part, please be patient. "

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score

Well please do get round to finishing it or I'll delete the thread for being ultimately useless.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi @Anju,

Great information it will be informative for me Now i solved my VPS / Dedicated problem.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing such a important information. It will be helpful for me in future

Back