Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] [HOW-TO] prevent Skype Resolvers

G'nome sayin'
Reaction score
Hello, I know that this has nothing to do with Habbo but I know that lot's of retro owners and users use skype to communicate and you can't give out your skype because then you will get attacked by skids.

1. Download the latest Skype(Beta),

2. Install and login to your Skype account, then go to Properties, Advanced and then Connections and check "Allow direct connections to your contacts only.".

3. Save and if someone use a skype resolver they will get a Microsoft IP(168.62.23.92).

Exonize - [GUIDE] [HOW-TO] prevent Skype Resolvers - RaGEZONE Forums

It is still possible to find your contacts IP but this is not easy, just don't add anyone you don't trust.

Regards,
Exonize

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: How to prevent Skype Resolvers

Very good guide, I'm not part of habbo community but this attracted my attention.
Similar guides are also posted on hacking websites but this should prevent a lot of server owners from a lot of unwated threats.

Have fun!

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

It's a very long story..

I'll try to explain it short:
There are many habbo retros out there.
There are many wannabe hackers aswell.
Now those wannabe hackers EITHER -
Get along with you and try to get your skype, resolve it, boot it, claim they hacked it and threats you by saying if they don't get staff they will keep booting him.
Or else they just threat the hotel itself by booting the VPS IP, though this has nothing to do with the skype resolver preventing thing < Just mentioning.

:p

Retired
Reaction score

Hopefully trillian will fix theirs too.
I'm not sure whether Trillian uses direct communication or goes through some API. As an effect of M$ closing down MSN, I moved to Trillian and got both MSN and Skype there. When transfering images, it took normally a second to transfer them between me and a friend through Skype, and with Trillian it can take up to 20 seconds. I hope they improve the Skype integration both on their PC and on the phone as I really hate the Skype iPhone app.
Also, a good advice to the kids who are scared of people getting their IP through Skype and starts to ddos them; just get a VPN, jesus!
Edit:
Just before we begin with this fight, people who ddos are not considered as hackers, and ddos or any form of dos is also not considered as hacking. The term "hacking" means to "break inside", not take down some IP by malicious requests.

something
Reaction score

Nice guide. This has been around for a while, but I havent really seen anyone talking about it. Skype / Microsoft should really route all their information via their own servers (except calls, verification / the connection should be routed via Skype, then the actual conversation should be direct). Chat messages should go through their servers, but that could easily cost.

Retired
Reaction score
How to prevent Skype Resolvers

They don't do that as p2p is far more scalable than a centralized server, and therefore they would save money. On the downside, kids gets people's IP and ddosses them

idk what to put here
Reaction score

doesn't work for me tehe. still seeing my ip.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

I think you need to wait for the changes.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score

Just get the new Skype version, and don't add people you don't trust to you Skype. Rather create a dupe Skype, and route the traffic through a proxy.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

So what the point of all of this? To get mircosoft ip or?What can they possibly with our IP?
World Domination? o_O

something
Reaction score

So what the point of all of this? To get mircosoft ip or?What can they possibly with our IP?
World Domination? o_O
It's not about Microsoft getting our ip. But others, strangers, who want to ddos you, for example.

Unknown Place
Reaction score

Skids attacking internet users ? Damn, it remembers of the old ICQ times :D.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

This is the way it goes when Habbotards act tough and ask someone for their Skype so they can resolve it and act like an hacker because they have this persons IP.

Nothing will really fix this though so it's a pretty good tutorial but on the other hand maybe useless because some people where still able to resolve their own IP.

Unknown Place
Reaction score

You can just use a vpn, like maybe for example :

Have fun :)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

There are Skype Resolvers that resolves Skype cloudø

Banned
Banned
Reaction score