Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    May 2011 Join Date
    Czech RepublicLocation
    521Posts

[GUIDE] [HOW-TO] prevent Skype Resolvers

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

Hello, I know that this has nothing to do with Habbo but I know that lot's of retro owners and users use skype to communicate and you can't give out your skype because then you will get attacked by skids.

1. Download the latest Skype(Beta), http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta

2. Install and login to your Skype account, then go to Properties, Advanced and then Connections and check "Allow direct connections to your contacts only.".

3. Save and if someone use a skype resolver they will get a Microsoft IP(168.62.23.92).

It is still possible to find your contacts IP but this is not easy, just don't add anyone you don't trust.

Regards,
    Exonize
    Last edited by Exonize; 08-06-13 at 12:27 PM.

DeveloperRank
    Jul 2007 Join Date
    Amman, JordanLocation
    2,136Posts

Re: How to prevent Skype Resolvers

Very good guide, I'm not part of habbo community but this attracted my attention.
    Similar guides are also posted on hacking websites but this should prevent a lot of server owners from a lot of unwated threats.

Have fun!
    Last edited by Jangan; 08-06-13 at 12:23 PM.
    I Do not answer PM or Skype!
    I Do not have/buy/sell server files!

!~Contribute Back To The Community~!
    Please
    Rep and Like the author!

Alpha MaleRank
    Nov 2010 Join Date
    2,184Posts

I'm saved.

Yehhhhhh!

Administrator  Rank
    Jan 2001 Join Date
    32,914Posts

Hopefully trillian will fix theirs too.
    RaGEZONE Recommends

MemberRank
    Jan 2013 Join Date
    In your closet.Location
    54Posts

It's a very long story..

I'll try to explain it short:
    There are many habbo retros out there.
    There are many wannabe hackers aswell.
    Now those wannabe hackers EITHER -
    Get along with you and try to get your skype, resolve it, boot it, claim they hacked it and threats you by saying if they don't get staff they will keep booting him.
    Or else they just threat the hotel itself by booting the VPS IP, though this has nothing to do with the skype resolver preventing thing < Just mentioning.

:-P

True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    North KoreaLocation
    1,096Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MentaL View Post
    Hopefully trillian will fix theirs too.
    I'm not sure whether Trillian uses direct communication or goes through some API. As an effect of M$ closing down MSN, I moved to Trillian and got both MSN and Skype there. When transfering images, it took normally a second to transfer them between me and a friend through Skype, and with Trillian it can take up to 20 seconds. I hope they improve the Skype integration both on their PC and on the phone as I really hate the Skype iPhone app.
    Also, a good advice to the kids who are scared of people getting their IP through Skype and starts to ddos them; just get a VPN, jesus!
    Edit:
    Just before we begin with this fight, people who ddos are not considered as hackers, and ddos or any form of dos is also not considered as hacking. The term "hacking" means to "break inside", not take down some IP by malicious requests.

True MemberRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    Oslo, NorwayLocation
    833Posts

Nice guide. This has been around for a while, but I havent really seen anyone talking about it. Skype / Microsoft should really route all their information via their own servers (except calls, verification / the connection should be routed via Skype, then the actual conversation should be direct). Chat messages should go through their servers, but that could easily cost.

True MemberRank
    May 2007 Join Date
    North KoreaLocation
    1,096Posts

How to prevent Skype Resolvers

They don't do that as p2p is far more scalable than a centralized server, and therefore they would save money. On the downside, kids gets people's IP and ddosses them

True MemberRank
    Oct 2007 Join Date
    CanehdaLocation
    1,327Posts

doesn't work for me tehe. still seeing my ip.
    Selling DDoS Protected VPS' starting at $4.99, PM me or add my Skype for more info: JohShmo

True MemberRank
    Dec 2012 Join Date
    NorwayLocation
    297Posts

I think you need to wait for the changes.

True MemberRank
    Nov 2011 Join Date
    949Posts

Just get the new Skype version, and don't add people you don't trust to you Skype. Rather create a dupe Skype, and route the traffic through a proxy.

BannedRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    351Posts

So what the point of all of this? To get mircosoft ip or?What can they possibly with our IP?
    World Domination? O.o

True MemberRank
    Dec 2007 Join Date
    Oslo, NorwayLocation
    833Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MuXGuardian View Post
    So what the point of all of this? To get mircosoft ip or?What can they possibly with our IP?
    World Domination? O.o
    It's not about Microsoft getting our ip. But others, strangers, who want to ddos you, for example.

True MemberRank
    Mar 2013 Join Date
    598Posts

Skids attacking internet users ? Damn, it remembers of the old ICQ times :D.
    Looking for DDoS Protected: Web Hosting - Cloud Servers (VPS) - Dedicated Servers or Remote Protection Services ?
    Then, have a look at Ragezone's sponsor website: www.hyperfilter.com - quality, stability & reliability.

BannedRank
    Feb 2007 Join Date
    1,410Posts

This is the way it goes when Habbotards act tough and ask someone for their Skype so they can resolve it and act like an hacker because they have this persons IP.

Nothing will really fix this though so it's a pretty good tutorial but on the other hand maybe useless because some people where still able to resolve their own IP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement